Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27567 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 5 - I need a weapon. (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2010, 11:52:57 pm »

Ottofar, long did I believe you to be allied with Azure Sepulchre.  Seeing now that it is not so, I ask your forgiveness, both for my suspicions, and for the deaths of your townsfolk at my hands.  Nothing can wipe away my crimes, but this small token may ease my road to Hell.  Take my gun.  Defend yourself if you can.  Kill yourself if you must.  I will hold them off as long as I can while you escape.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2010, 12:49:31 am »

As touching as he might find such heartfelt words, I fear your swansong may not reach that whom you seek; not in many moons has Otto's shadow darkened the corners of this forlorn town, and the wind does not recall his scent. Perhaps he has vanished from this place through some secret artifice, or locked himself away from us black-hearted creatures, that we might destroy one another and leave him in peace - I care not. Your own meat shall more than suffice for this night, and he can be found in due time.

Only the dead can hear you now, I fear; though what comfort this might impart I cannot guess.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2010, 11:06:37 am »

The dead alone can hear me?  Then I am indeed without hope of redemption, survival, or even revenge for my comrade.  Our little game of chess is at an end.  What more can I do than topple my king?

*raises gun to temple*

You may take my flesh, but you shall not take my life.  I bid you adieu.  I'll see you in Hell.

*pulls trigger*

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:49 am »

A hammer has been reached. Mayor Spitfire notices that Lonewolf I taken out a gun. In surprise, the Mayor hid behind his throne as Lonewolf fired the weapon at Azure Sepulchre. The bullet hit his chest, causing Azure to stagger, but only that. Azure begun to transform into his hideous beast form. Lonewolf I dropped the gun and tried to retreat, failing to do so as Blargityblarg blocked the exit. Azure throttled Lonewolf I and sank his teeth into his neck, causing Lonewolf I to collaspe to the floor.

Ottofar and Mayor Spitfire were hiding, as Spitfire loaded his revolver with shiny silver bullets. He stepped out, pointing the weapon at Azure Sepulchre and Blargityblarg.
"I didn't want it to end like this..." Mayor Spitfire mumbled, as he turned the gun to Ottofar instead and fired. Ottofars lifeless body fell to the ground with a thump, while the werewolves looked at the mayor, confused.
"I don't want him to turn into one of you hideous creatures. I dare you, try and take me on!"
The werewolves grinned with thier pointy fangs sticking out like sinister vipers, ready to attack at any time. Spitfire prepared to fire but it was too late, the werewolves un-natural speed was too much and spitfire was knocked to the ground, his weapon being released from his hand. While all this was going on, the guards were too busy running to even help the poor mayor from his fate. But, nobody ever knew what those guards were. Who they were was a mystery all together.

The Wolves have won! Congratulations!
Sorry the flavour, bit rushed. I'll get the other role PMs up and the chats etc etc later when I'm not as busy :P.
Just to clear up: Ottofar was the townie, Lonewolf I the mafia, Blargityblarg and Azure Sepulchre were the wolves. For those who can't be bothered to read the flavour.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 11:53:06 am by spitfire684 »

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!
« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2010, 02:41:05 pm »

Although, that was probally the worst attendance I have ever seen in a Mafia game. Why did it have to be mine? :(. Ahh well...

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2010, 03:17:03 pm »

I've actually been watching since signups.  It was an interesting setup, but in my opinion, I'd say that you had two things working against you:

- The general slow state of the mafia sub-forum, attendance is down on all of the games, has been for a while.

- The relatively long day/night cycle of your game--most here are 48 hours days with extension.  With a week per day, people think 'I'll do it later' and the game stops.  See pretty much any game based on hammers.

At least it ended and it was a relatively interesting read.

My two cents worth.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2010, 03:49:45 pm »

Leafsnail was the one who told me day lengths etc etc. I didn't know what length would suffice :P.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2010, 04:02:19 pm »

On mafiascum.net, I'm pretty sure that week long days are much more prevalent, but that's an entire forum dedicated to mafia and they have much stricter policies on lurkers and many more potential replacements (so far as I know--I'm not actually a member there yet, I just read some of the games).  Here's they're generally shorter, at least in my experience.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »

Well, I enjoyed the game a fair bit despite all the problems, I must say, even if I did pretty god damn terribly.

Good job scum teams!

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »

On mafiascum.net, I'm pretty sure that week long days are much more prevalent, but that's an entire forum dedicated to mafia and they have much stricter policies on lurkers and many more potential replacements (so far as I know--I'm not actually a member there yet, I just read some of the games).  Here's they're generally shorter, at least in my experience.
I see, that makes sense.. I'll bear that in mind.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2010, 06:18:18 pm »

I found the game enjoyable. Though I did not like the week long days. It seemed longer than necessary. If we needed that long, we could have just extended.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 18, 2010, 08:09:37 pm »

It was fun, despite the attendance issues.  It was an interesting setup, and one I wouldn't mind seeing again.  Town got pretty unlucky, though.

Who did wolves hit night 1?  Anyone?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2010, 08:12:26 pm »

Probably Ed. Since they didn't seem to know that Lonewolf was mafia.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 18, 2010, 09:17:49 pm »

Wolves played pretty smart on that front.

Hit mafia first round? You don't actually want to kill him! Knowledge is power, and if you don't kill him YOU are less likely to be voted off. At the same time, you can look for the other scum.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 18, 2010, 09:32:53 pm »

Wolves played pretty smart on that front.

Hit mafia first round? You don't actually want to kill him! Knowledge is power, and if you don't kill him YOU are less likely to be voted off. At the same time, you can look for the other scum.

Mmm, that was pretty much our reasoning. We wanted the mafia to stick around and help clean up the majority of the town before we moved in for the kill. So, after Blarg hit GeneralGuy on the first night, we kept him and hunted for his buddy. Didn't work out quite as planned...

...ah, well. Good game, guys. I enjoyed it quite a lot, for what it's worth.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29