Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212392 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #885 on: April 23, 2011, 06:36:53 pm »

New DLC is supposedly coming out soon... can't come soon enough.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 23, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »

The goofy looking retro alternate history style of this game and F3 made me become less inclined to buy it. Until I learned that Bethesda was part of it.

Alas, after playing so much F3 I just didn't really get into NV, all I did was mess around with the Settlers mod. It just looks the same to me.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 23, 2011, 07:18:57 pm »

It just looks the same to me.

It *looks* the same, because it uses the same engine. It definitely doesn't play or feel the same; hell, even the story and how it unfolds seems a hundred times better. Black Isle/Obsidian really put some work into having their old charm with it.

At least, that's my opinion. After playing NV I never looked back to 3.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 23, 2011, 07:27:57 pm »

The goofy looking retro alternate history style of this game and F3 made me become less inclined to buy it.
Less inclined? The hell am I reading?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:00 pm »

Until I learned that Bethesda was part of it.

More inclined? The hell am I reading?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 23, 2011, 10:45:46 pm »

Until I learned that Bethesda was part of it.

More inclined? The hell am I reading?
Same here. I must've came or summat when I learned that the old guys were the one making it.

Honestly, the idea of F3's plot (a struggle over something so fucking basic like water) seems like a good idea, but Beth's writers... not so much.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 23, 2011, 10:47:13 pm »

I really don't understand Fallout 3's plot.

Why are people fighting over water when it's fucking EVERYWHERE in the game? And there's enough radaway to get them by for another million years.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:11 pm »

Why are people fighting over water when it's fucking EVERYWHERE in the game? And there's enough radaway to get them by for another million years.

Some sort of optimism crap.

The glass is half empty and it's radioactive.

Problem, dad?
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 24, 2011, 01:23:30 am »

I personally like NV better then FO3, FO3 was pretty black and white choices while NV had more neutral choices.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 24, 2011, 01:27:00 am »

Well, not everyone can get to said Rad-Away, and besides, they're thinking of restarting civilization again.

To do that, you need a steady supply of food that won't fuck you six ways to motherfucking Sunday. Clean water is a very important goal if you want to even consider that.

I mean, I don't think any crops'll grow well if they have fucked up water and shit.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 24, 2011, 02:02:47 am »

Well, not everyone can get to said Rad-Away, and besides, they're thinking of restarting civilization again.

To do that, you need a steady supply of food that won't fuck you six ways to motherfucking Sunday. Clean water is a very important goal if you want to even consider that.

I mean, I don't think any crops'll grow well if they have fucked up water and shit.
Realistically, the soil should retain radiation far longer than the water. Of course, with radiation that gives you immortality while deforming you horribly I guess that's not the point.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 24, 2011, 02:05:03 am »

Anyways, the idea of the Fallout 3 plot is good. It's just that Beth's writers fucked it up.

I would have loved to see Black Isle/Obsidian's take on it, though.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 24, 2011, 05:49:54 am »

FO3's plot is a half-assed combination of FO1 (water and supermutants) and FO2 (Enclave and GECK) plots with some minor tidbits thrown in. And by half-assed I mean it's so full of holes it's inane. It's there just to try and convince fans that this is still Fallout.

The closest you'll get to Black Isle's FO3 is New Vegas, as certain elements are borrowed from the Van Buren design documents.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 24, 2011, 06:38:45 am »

Stop giving arguments! Fallout 3 was bad! Why can't people online agree with me!!!!!

Guys. New thread. Now.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 24, 2011, 07:40:27 am »

The problem is that they are first person shooters that want to be RPGs. When it tries to be an RPG, the populations are sparse and the world seems empty and filled with cardboard cutouts, and when it tries to be a shooter, the mechanics fall flat, such as shooting through people at close range, or having to shoot people five thousand times in the face to kill them.

Caesar and his Praetorian Guards, once stood there, while I unloaded what seemed like hundreds of armor piercing rounds out of 'This Machine' directly into their heads. They are armed in football gear. Caesar isn't even wearing a helmet.

I guess what I mean is, the shooting behaves like Borderlands when it wants to be like Gears of War, and the RPG elements are like, well, Oblivion, when it wants to be like Fallout 2.

Damn, though, do I love the game.

But seriously, don't get the DLC. This first one, Dead Money, especially. It adds absolutely nothing of value to the story arch, to the setting. Hell, even to your armory. The whole thing can be summed up roughly as a Ten Dollar Big Lipped Alligator Moment. You go in, you do the thing, you leave, thinking, 'Well, that happened', and none of it matters. This is not Broken Steel, or The Pitt, or Mothership Zeta. Hell, this isn't even Operation Anchorage. It's a package of ten dollar nothing.
!!&!!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 128