Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Console  (Read 10294 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Console
« on: May 08, 2010, 04:07:20 pm »

So a bunch of us are messing around in a BYOND game called console, made by data (who also does cowed).

Register at the forumns and submit an application at http://console.androiddata.net/index.php/topic,1379.0.html
Then go play the game at http://www.byond.com/games/AndroidData/console

It's very confusing right now, but it looks like you could do some fun geeky stuff. Also we should start compiling information.

Pathos

Re: Console
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:41:16 pm »

I might actually end up picking this up. Might be a nice way to learn command lines etc.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »

write intro.exe
echo Ahem. Hello from Geothermic Solutions CEO.
;sleep 30
;del /sys/boot.sys
;del /sys/kernel.sys
;echo YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED BY BAY12. Your computer will no longer work until you pay us 20 million dwarfbucks. (Or create a boot disk...but your security was so fail, we doubt you know how.
[stop]
/bin/compiler.exe intro.exe
copy intro.exe A:

Insert into other computer, and enjoy.

If anyone joins Geothermic Solutions, I'll teach you the basics + give you a couple disks to:
a.) make shortcuts to commands.
b.) blow up computers by inserting the disk and restarting
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:39:25 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 11:19:18 pm »

Well, I will register my interest in the game
I've been looking for a hacking game like this for a long time.

Is it more RPing or gameplay focused though ?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 11:21:29 pm »

Very gameplay focused. Also, hacking into places is very difficult unless they are idiots who have wires outside their complex/use wireless without encryption.

There are still tons of possibilities in your own place, and we got a job at a bank that we might have fun with...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vahan

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 04:47:48 am »

I might join you guys properly. I only had a go, but it's pretty clunky at the minute. What do you think of it?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 04:49:48 am »

I like it. It's pretty cool.

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:36:18 am »

made by data

The game was actually made by Exadv1, and I've just added onto it since he left development a looong time ago. AFAIK he's not interested in console that much but I like the player-driven environment.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 08:56:59 am »

Just signed up woo....
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 12:05:23 pm »

Check the forumns, I wrote two small tutorials in the tutorials section of public snippets (which cover just about everything I'm confident is accurate). I also stuck a floor plan in the GMS forum, which we can use to plan out the network and stuff. I'm too tired to sort anything else out having written two small tutorials and sorted out the floor plan map (which isn't entirely accurate but, hey..).

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »

Could someone give me a quick run down on what the game is? What sort of stuff can you do in it?

I checked out both the links, but I'm still not sure what its about.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 08:21:35 pm »

So far, not much, it's a hacking game.
No real tutorial, quinn is being very nice and teaching me.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 08:37:42 pm »

Googol, I could really use a program to log what shell commands are sent.
Not the default logger, this program is deleting everything that is logged normally.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 10:06:10 pm »

Googol, I could really use a program to log what shell commands are sent.
Not the default logger, this program is deleting everything that is logged normally.
I fixed that computer labled fix or whatever.
I hope.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 10:43:44 pm »

made by data

The game was actually made by Exadv1, and I've just added onto it since he left development a looong time ago. AFAIK he's not interested in console that much but I like the player-driven environment.

Having seen merely the screenshot, unless the wire images have improved, it must look *ugly*.

I made a set, if you want it, by SS13's naming and direction convensions(only 2 directions at most, some sets ending at 0)
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12