Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How do i control my anger?  (Read 4750 times)

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
How do i control my anger?
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:30:06 am »

I just can't godamn control it and im scard one day i might kill or severly hurt somebody.
So please tell me ways that will work.
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: How do i control my anger?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:31:18 am »

This is bay12games Life Advice forum, not Bay12games psychiatric ward.  If you're afraid you're going to kill someone, you need to talk to a professional.
Shoes...

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:57 am »

Perfect solution: Kill yourself. Nobody's harmed, humanity didnt loose anything.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

The butcher

• Bay Watcher
  • \M/ Horns up brothers...horns up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 10:50:05 am »

Oh shi* wrong place
Take a look to the sky just before you die it's the last time he will!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 11:01:10 am »

Invest in some proffesional help, that's the best advice I can give.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 11:13:29 am »

Well, theres the classic count to 10 (never tried that one myself), you could walk away from whatever is making you angry, and theres always talking to someone about whats making you angry. It doesn't help to bottle it up, let it out verbally.

Then theres talking to a counselor (goes under talking to someone about it) and anger management classes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 01:20:04 pm »

Physical activity.  It makes you too tired to think about killing anyone.  Seriously, work yourself to exhaustion every day (or at least a few times a week, and the muscle pain will keep you docile the rest of the time).  I'm planning on starting a vegetable garden when I get older, for this very reason.

It's also a good idea to, when you're getting angry, remove yourself from the moment and think about the possible consequences of your actions--i.e., is it worth getting angry?  Or is there some other, better route you could follow?  Think about these things when you're on your own.  You should replay old interactions where you got angry and try to think up better ways you could have handled them, so that you can deal with things if a similar situation comes up.  Take solitary walks and try to remove yourself from the situations that make you angry.

More than anything else, go see a mental health professional.  It'll be good for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 01:31:03 pm »

Pick fights with people bigger than you. After a couple of good ass-whoopings, you'll get over it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 01:36:33 pm »

Anger is sometimes useful, but generally it only makes things worse.

Flying into a rage doesn't help. You won't get what you're looking for by screaming and shouting. Polite but firm is the best approach.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 02:29:07 pm »

It depends, how old are you?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

Raise up your anger as high as possible, as long as possible (when nobody is nearby)

Eventually you will learn to be anger-resistant.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »

Raise up your anger as high as possible, as long as possible (when nobody is nearby)

Eventually you will learn to be anger-resistant.

Disagree: this just makes you crazy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 04:32:54 pm »

Play some murder simulators video games.

Work out some.

Understand that when you get angry, you lose. If you do get angry, harness that towards something constructive. If you get angry at someone right in front of you, close your eyes for a moment and think about a puppy, saying "Pwease don't be angwy?" Then try to change the subject, if possible. If not, calmly and intelligently deal with the subject.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 04:49:53 pm »

Catharsis (letting it out by beating stuff up, etc) isn't the way to go, as I've read at least one study that suggests it just makes you more prone to act violently.

Then again, bottling it up is no help either.

Talking about it should do something for you. And a therapist may be able to give you techniques for dealing with it when you get angry.

My advice would be, if you're thinking about something that makes you angry, STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. Go do something else, distract yourself in some way, but simmering and stewing and visualizing is not doing you any favors.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 05:14:44 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3