Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Canceled  (Read 39970 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Its a Double Feature! [1 replacement needed.]
« Reply #435 on: June 22, 2010, 02:53:20 pm »

Spitfire's tiebreaking vote is a very strong signal that he's not mafia.  Third party is certainly possible, but we don't have evidence of any yet.  Could be survivor, but that's just a shot in the dark.  Nirur, the cop, was voting him at end of day, but from his posts on D2 it doesn't look like he had a guilty result on him.
If there's DL, it's null read. Otherwise, it's a little town read.

Org, that doesn't mean you're not scum.
Is anybody other than the dead cleared at this point?
Assuming Org's claim is true, that means Lonewolf was the NK target.  Why?   Also, who tried to kill him the first time, and when?  We must either have a vig or a serial killer.
Possibilities: With no other double kills or nights without kills, we can probably assume that A) we have a crazed fiend/OS Vig or B) We have a superkiller/ascetic in the mafia. The way his Bah post is phrased, which is a little too telling, makes me think the latter.
...actually, Org, there's a thought.  Are you a serial killer that failed to off Lonewolf N1 (or killed Person and mafia whiffed on Wolf), then took out Nirur N2 and blamed it on his investigation ability triggering PWV?  Interesting way to divert suspicion from yourself.  What say you to that accusation?  Why are you voting Soli?
I think this is an interesting proposal, but I'm inclined to believe in superkiller/PWV.
Either way, something failed to kill Lonewolf at some point.  Someone here has a night kill ability.
Possibly. See two statements up.
RedWarrior, you never answered me from yesterday.  Who do you suspect, and why?
Hmm... I'll answer this in a sec.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 22, 2010, 05:47:28 pm »

Org, is there a good reason you didn't claim your role BEFORE a town PR died to you?  It seemed likely someone would inspect you last night...

Also, you actually picked "Paranoid War Veteran"?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 22, 2010, 05:48:39 pm »

Org, is there a good reason you didn't claim your role BEFORE a town PR died to you?  It seemed likely someone would inspect you last night...

Also, you actually picked "Paranoid War Veteran"?
No.
I picked Lone Wanderer.
And I was hoping for being NK'ed

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 23, 2010, 03:13:54 pm »

Possibilities: With no other double kills or nights without kills, we can probably assume that A) we have a crazed fiend/OS Vig or B) We have a superkiller/ascetic in the mafia. The way his Bah post is phrased, which is a little too telling, makes me think the latter.

RedWarrior, you never answered me from yesterday.  Who do you suspect, and why?
Hmm... I'll answer this in a sec.

You really think that a superkiller is more likely than a SK or vig?  I contend it's possible, since town appears to have some good roles, but I just don't think so.

Also, do you ever intend to answer me?  You've had plenty of time.

I'd love to hear the opinion of others as to the SK/Vig possibilities.  If you are a vig, I'm not asking you to claim.

Actually, I'd like to hear anything from anyone.  The game's getting quiet again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 23, 2010, 04:48:31 pm »

Is this actually a wise time to claim? That's what I'd like to know.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

Actually, I just sort of realized that it's day 3. So only two nights. So vig/SK is more likely.

Suspicions after I eat.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 23, 2010, 08:02:52 pm »

VoteCount

Solifuge[1] - Org,
Redwarrior0[] -
Leafsnail[] -
Spitfire684[] -
Org[2]- Toaster, Leafsnail,
Toaster[] - 
Rysith[] -
major_sepiroth[] -

Not Voting - major_sepiroth, Redwarrior0, Spitfire684, Solifuge, Rysith,

4 to hammer

Day ends on Friday, 6PM.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 24, 2010, 12:21:17 am »

Well, hopefully we'll get some clarity, particularly on Org, in the near future.

I'm not sure what to think on the vig/SK split. If Org is telling the truth, then we're still unsure of why we got a kill last night (since a lone mafiakill would have needed to be on Lonewolf/Pandarsenic) and not tonight. If Org is lying, that would basically mean that Org was scum or yellow, and should probably be lynched, though I don't see why there would be a need to falseclaim PWV in his own defense, especially at the very beginning of the day.

I agree that spitfire is looking very non-scummy, since (according to the vote count at the time) we were tied and he broke the tie in favor of the scum.

Toaster, that seems like a fairly thin accusation for a day 3 vote rather than a FoS or some questions to get him to actually participate.

I also don't think it's likely we're dealing with a mafia superkiller, since that would tend to generate multiple mafia kills (normally a bad thing, especially given the lack of town protective roles unearthed thus far).
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 24, 2010, 03:42:11 am »

Wow, this movie is getting intense.

But my spidey-sense is tingling. This is usually the part in the movie where they introduce some insane twist that usually makes no sense at all.

Oh wait, somethings happening.

As the characters are bickering in the foreground(something about their favorite brand of cereal), a silhouette emerges on the horizon. Backed by the sun, the person can be seen shambling towards the oblivious debaters. Slowly, one by one, it dawns on them that the man is approaching them. After coming into full view, shocked gasps and startled screams shake the group, their squabble momentarily forgotten. After fearfully making sure that he is not a zombie, they sit him down and harass him with questions. Some in the group are astonished. A few are imperceptibly troubled, stealing glances to one another. After saying for the hundredth time that he had no clue what happened, Nirur Torir is accepted, once again, as among the living.

What a tweeeest

Nirur Torir is back in the game. He has risen from the dead, for reasons unbeknownst to even him
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's BYOR - Day 3 - Lazarus? [1 replacement needed.]
« Reply #444 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:20 am »

Reviver much?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 24, 2010, 06:33:03 am »

Unexpected.

Night 1, I investigated Leafsnail. I received a town result.
Night 2, I did investigate Org, and died before getting a result. As far as I know, he is a Paranoid War Vet as he says, but he might be paranoid scum.

My computer is being flaky again and I'll look through and ask questions a bit later, when it's not skipping or holding random key-presses.

Reviver much?
You don't sound happy to see me. I feel saddened by your words.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 24, 2010, 08:20:51 am »

I was just wondering as all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:14 am »

He's not a reviver coz we saw his role when he died.

Anyway, we can has confirmed townie?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 24, 2010, 12:46:56 pm »

Whats the role which brings others to life then?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »

Isn't a very standard role, but something like Day High Priest.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34