Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Infinity & I-Novae Engine: Company formed, dev hired  (Read 3096 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: New I-Novae Engine Video: Shinies abound
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:49 pm »

Yeah.
What I've been wondering, is if the sky will be a reflection of player's position with respect to the galaxy. That is, if all the stars displayed will be an actual visualisation of jumpable targets.
Seems a daunting task, but drawing a separate sky box for each of the myriad different skies the player could encounter seems even more ridiculous.
I've noticed in this video that some stars had been cursor-selected(at the begining of the video), so maybe it's already implemented.

Imagine getting into your spaceship, choosing a star on the sky and being actually able to fly there.(then looking at the new sky and finding the star from which you've just jumped)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »

I can't wait to settle down in a nice planet with my dorf friends... And then mine it to the core and accidentally trigger a planetary lava explosion.

What I've been wondering, is if the sky will be a reflection of player's position with respect to the galaxy. That is, if all the stars displayed will be an actual visualisation of jumpable targets.
It already is. You can, while in the planet, click on a star that's on the sky to select it and see what it is. He posted a few dev notes about making the 'skyboxes' for every location you are in space. They always represent your position in the galaxy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 05:16:40 pm »

Nerdgasm, commence!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 05:22:33 pm »

I hope you can build interstellar missiles, and just send them off at random stars in the galaxy.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »

The video was so beautiful.
I'm ready to die now.
Only after exploiting and ruining the loveliness of the planet though.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:44 am »

Hear me, thread, and heed my call. I am in need of your service once more! Rise! Rise and serve your master!

*ahem*

Anyway, new I-Novae update, and it's one hell of a update at that.
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=115&Itemid=26
Company has been formed, another programmer hired, stuff be gettin done!
I-Novae Studios website: http://inovaestudios.com/index.htm

And an older video of a flight test: http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=75&topic=15270.0
Even older tech demo (from April, nearly a year out of date now) http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=113&Itemid=93
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:11:04 am by alway »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity & I-Novae Engine: Company formed, dev hired
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 12:27:19 am »

Beautiful, that may well be the best looking game I've seen from 2010, and is the most beautiful thing I've seen so far in 2011.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity & I-Novae Engine: Company formed, dev hired
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 01:43:22 am »

Glad to see news from them, hoping for more soon.
Pages: 1 [2]