Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions from a newbie  (Read 976 times)

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions from a newbie
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:21 pm »

Well, I've been messing with adventure mode the past few days, and i must say, its quite fun running around chopping citizens to bits, but I have the feeling theres more I could be doing.

1. Where can I get quests? I ask the people, they say ask the priest, and they just convert you.
2. Whenever I sleep somewhere, it takes for-freaking-ever. The screen will fill with pink z's, and they will disapear one at a time every 10 seconds or so. It takes so long. Anyway I can cut the time?
3. How do I get people to follow me? I ask, but no one wants to.

Boingboingsplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:44:54 pm »

1) Ask war lords, mayors, law-givers, or other positions like that.
2) No. You only need to sleep when you're injured or tired anyways. It goes faster if you aren't around a lot of creatures.
3) Getting notable kills helps.

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:49 pm »

1) Ask war lords, mayors, law-givers, or other positions like that.
2) No. You only need to sleep when you're injured or tired anyways. It goes faster if you aren't around a lot of creatures.
3) Getting notable kills helps.
Thank you!

I have one more while I'm at it: I have a quest, and it says to kill "Sapi the Labyrinth of bone" I know its in the town because thats where my map directed me, but I'm not sure where to look for him.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 01:10:00 am »

If the kill target is a demon or whatever in the town, you just encountered one of my most favorite inconvenient features. It will probably be a lawgiver, and if you attack it, the entire town, including the quest giver, will try and kill you. Fun!

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:52:43 pm »

Every town I go to, whenever I ask  a warlord for a quest, he tells me how untroubled they are. WTH?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:28 am »

There are no monsters nearby, either go to another civilization, or kill the warlord.

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 10:39:46 am »

There are no monsters nearby, either go to another civilization, or kill the warlord.

If I kill the warlord, won't all humans kill me?

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 10:46:55 am »

Might of got a bad world gen, if there's nothing important about that world you could always make a fresh one.

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:21:43 pm »

Might of got a bad world gen, if there's nothing important about that world you could always make a fresh one.

I've experimented with world gen, and when I don't stop it before 1050 years, there are no quests.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 02:13:45 pm »

I recommend multiplying the values for MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN: and NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN: five times the value of your template. So if you based it off of MEDIUM ISLAND, for example, you would use:
Code: [Select]
        [MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:25]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:50]
Then, you'll want to double your TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER: to make sure enough civilizations survive world gen.
So, based off of MEDIUM ISLAND again, you'd use:
        [TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:20]
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 02:39:06 pm »

I recommend multiplying the values for MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN: and NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN: five times the value of your template. So if you based it off of MEDIUM ISLAND, for example, you would use:
        [MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:25]
[NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:50]
Then, you'll want to double your TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER: to make sure enough civilizations survive world gen.
So, based off of MEDIUM ISLAND again, you'd use:
        [TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:20]

I shall try that, Thank you!!