Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Do you think hell has too many demons? (SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 49895 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think hell has too many demons? (SPOILERS!!!)
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2010, 02:34:07 pm »

We kick logic out the window and make the impossible possible!  Just who the hell do you think we are?!  WE'RE TEAM DWARF FORTRESS!!!

OURS IS THE PICK THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!!!
It costs 400000 dwarfbucks to cook this booze for just 12 seconds.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2010, 02:59:51 pm »

We kick logic out the window and make the impossible possible!  Just who the hell do you think we are?!  WE'RE TEAM DWARF FORTRESS!!!

OURS IS THE PICK THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!!!

When you hear people talking about Team Dwarf Fortress and its dwarven leader, the epitome of magma dumping and elf-killing, legendary dwarf of all things overly done and way too complicated, they're talking about me, Urist!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2010, 03:30:45 pm »

Hell can be defeated, through one simple method.

"GIGA DRILL BREAKAAAHH!"
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2010, 03:33:31 pm »

SUPER TENGEN TOPPA GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!

Hell,  I'd like you to meet my friend. It's the size of a universe.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2010, 04:16:37 pm »

This topic is made of pure win. It reminds me why I liked the fortress community in the first place.

And, I don't believe in infinity, ya know? There can't be and incalculable amount of something. Everything has a definitive answer/amount... Least, I think so. -Kicks math in the face-

As previously stated, if there are over 18 quintillion demons or some crap, it's 'infinite' in the sense that it's something you'll probably never accomplish, but it's still possible.

Cause yeah, we play Dwarf Fortress. And we ain't nobody's bitch.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2010, 04:19:48 pm »

And, I don't believe in infinity, ya know? There can't be and incalculable amount of something. Everything has a definitive answer/amount... Least, I think so. -Kicks math in the face-

Infinity is a concept.  What you're arguing against is whether anything actually is infinite, not infinity itself.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2010, 04:28:51 pm »

Wouldn't needing to know if something was actually infinite, help against the argument for Infinity? O-o

Math was never my strong point. xD
-Only finished Algebra-

Serves me right for growing up in a small town. =/
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Dogmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2010, 10:58:27 pm »

Am I the only one who wants to BE the demons?

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2010, 11:11:04 pm »

If you take a step back, dwarves are pretty much just weak, surface-dwelling demons.

Like, a long, long time ago, the dwarven demons found a way to the surface, and began to propagate. As the millenniums passed, however, they yearned to return to their homes beneath the surface. Now every dwarf in the world is motivated by a desire to return to the depths. But they changed since they left, and their former comrades now view them as enemy intruders.

How sad, to return home only to be killed by all your friends because they don't know who you are anymore...

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2010, 11:37:27 pm »

I have to admit, the concept of taming hell over a 13-year period (even more with a medium-sized world) is highly appealing.  I would be 35 when this effort ended and it would take longer than WWII to complete. 

That's Dwarf Fortress.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »

I have to admit, the concept of taming hell over a 13-year period (even more with a medium-sized world) is highly appealing.  I would be 35 when this effort ended and it would take longer than WWII to complete. 

That's Dwarf Fortress.

By that time, you'd get this last Philosopher left in 2010, travelling all the way from the distant universes of 40d...
Urist McOppenheimer.
He demands pitchblende items in his room.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2010, 02:47:54 pm »

By that time, you'd get this last Philosopher left in 2010, travelling all the way from the distant universes of 40d...
Urist McOppenheimer.

At least once he shows up I can start exporting trinitite mugs.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »

That's Dwarf Fortress.

Urist McOppenheimer.
Nah, more likely he'd make it just in tome for the .32 release.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2010, 03:38:24 pm »

That's Dwarf Fortress.

Urist McOppenheimer.
Nah, more likely he'd make it just in tome for the .32 release.
Dammit, now I need to think of a pun involving "tome."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2010, 01:08:37 am »

Urist McStalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the fortress. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Stokosh were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Urist was a miner for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the miners and he said to dad "I want to be on the miners daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the mining station fortress of the Abbeys of Knives he knew there were demons.
"This is Stokosh" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So John gotted his pick and blew up the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the cyberdemon--An enormous cockroach. It has red eyes and is grossly fat. Beware its poisonous gas!--and he fired the poisonous gas. John pickeded at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, John. You are the demons"
And then John was a skeletal dwarf.
Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9