Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 258

Author Topic: Godhood I OOC Thread  (Read 129284 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood, OOC Thread
« Reply #810 on: May 12, 2010, 08:40:32 am »

I was at a party. I was forced to go. :C
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #811 on: May 12, 2010, 08:41:26 am »

"Yes, Sir. We're recharging the Death Star for fire on moon Astra'ath!"

I did describe them as grievous wounds. I wasn't dismissing what happened at all.

Astra'ath is too big to simply dodge, especially a beam of light. My choices were:

1. Let it hit me.
2. Spend an act to deflect it.

I didn't feel like spending an act to deflect an attack from a demigod, so I let it hit me.

Since Astra'ath is made of flesh, the beam was obviously going to burn through its body. No flesh could withstand that kind of energy without a god's power behind it, and that would take an act. If I'd still had the crystal shell, it would have been possible to refract it away, but I don't. So I figured I'd at least get something out of it. The only thing I had that could affect a beam of light was the few shards of crystal/gemstone godflesh which were left in his body from Galt's unprovoked attack. I figured it would at least have time to move that into the path of the beam and figure out where the refracted beam would hit, then adjust the orientation slightly to hit Natus.

Up until this point Astra'ath hasn't done anything harmful, but these unprovoked attacks are annoying so he responded.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 12, 2010, 08:42:59 am »

And now you've come to another party, Acanthus! Yeaaaaah.

Right? Anybody?

You're no fun.

EDIT: Forsaken, I thought you were sitting on the edge of the world. You deflected the beam all the way to Natus, then? Also, I see your post doesn't really give another god the chance to stop the attack, as it's already hitting.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:44:58 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:17 am »

Party? There's no such thing.

And Hellhoud is right there.

But then again, the gem shards are not shaped like perfect mirrors. They'd actually break up the beam into smaller beams, inflicting lots of more tiny damage to Astra'ath, and only setting alight and burning minor sections of Natus.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #814 on: May 12, 2010, 08:49:11 am »

I never said it was a perfect solution. It would diffuse the beam and widen it, inflicting a lot more damage on Natus and burning some of the surrounding tissue on Astra'ath yes.

That's ok with me. All the natives know is that a beam of light just came from where Astra'ath was light up by Galt and started burning their world.

In fact this has given me an idea for my next Act.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 12, 2010, 09:09:38 am »

Yay! I has good idea for the shade's backstory! I AM TEH HAPPZORZ

(can't wait to use it)
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 12, 2010, 09:10:55 am »

I just found out that I could very well post with Poena.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 12, 2010, 09:13:51 am »

DOO IT

I WANT MOAR RPZ YO
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:18 am »

Yay! I has good idea for the shade's backstory! I AM TEH HAPPZORZ

(can't wait to use it)
I just found out that I could very well post with Poena.

Yay to both of you!
Acanthus, I'd really like to see what you're going to do with the ship you brought all the Morai to, so unless you need all your acts for something, could you do something with that?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 12, 2010, 09:16:14 am »

Sure, sure, the Morai seem cool anyways.

A quick physical description would be nice, though.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 12, 2010, 09:20:25 am »

Sure, sure, the Morai seem cool anyways.

A quick physical description would be nice, though.

Well, they are all wearing protective suits, but here goes; fur-covered humanoid, very thin, slender limbs and body, but the suits make them look much larger. They're not far from walking boxes in them. >_>

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 12, 2010, 09:21:36 am »

Cool, cool. writan nao.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 12, 2010, 09:21:48 am »

Natus hasn't even done anything to you... yet! 8)

Since there was no act to send the beam and blow up Natus I'll consider the damage relatively minor unless a flavour post from Caesar states otherwise. That seems fair right?

I knew I should have made Natus out of more flame retardant material. You're burninating all their thatch roof cottages!

Natus invents Asbestos and covers the planet in it

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #823 on: May 12, 2010, 09:24:10 am »

The damage is going to be pretty limited. It wasn't intended to destroy the planet or wipe out all life, just to terrify the population and link that terror to Astra'ath.

As for 'hasnt done anything' you're acting in league with the gods who have attacked Astra'ath unprovoked. That's enough.

That was also my thinking on the minor damage to Astra'ath from the attack. No act was spent to make it, so it isn't going to hinder me much.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 12, 2010, 09:25:59 am »

As for 'hasnt done anything' you're acting in league with the gods who have attacked Astra'ath unprovoked. That's enough.

That's not actually true, as neither of the attackers were in the Refuge meetings (correct me if I'm wrong), but even Astra'ath can't know everything, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 258