Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dustblanched  (Read 1175 times)

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dustblanched
« on: April 26, 2010, 04:12:41 pm »

Dustblanched, the Incidental Freckle.

Thought it was fun.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:15:01 pm by Dekon »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Dustblanched
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:15:07 pm »

I can't stop seeing the title of the artifact, "The Ray of Leopards", and thinking that it would make an excellent D&D spell.

"I CAST RAY OF LEOPARDS!"
*GROAR!*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:29:40 pm »

Leopard 1 "Hey, Ray."

Leopard 2 "Yeah?"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 06:41:36 pm »

Leopard 1 "There's a wizard behind you..."

Leopard 2 "OH SHIT HE GRABBED ME DON'T DO THAT!"

Wizard "I cast Leopard Ray!" *throw*
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:07:57 pm »

Seeing as how it's a pick..  Perhaps it's designed to be used against walls?  Perhaps a more efficient form of mining involves shooting leopards at stone.

You can say that's ridiculous, but have you ever tried it?  Has anyone?

I thought not.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »

Seeing as how it's a pick..  Perhaps it's designed to be used against walls?  Perhaps a more efficient form of mining involves shooting leopards at stone.

You can say that's ridiculous, but have you ever tried it?  Has anyone?

I thought not.

Sounds like it's something dwarves would do.
What doesn't sound very dwarven though, is the creation of an adamantine weapon, one of the most valuable things imaginable to them, and engraving imagery of defeat by animals onto it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »

Leopard 1 "Damn wizards ain't got no respect for a brother..."

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:28:25 pm »

What doesn't sound very dwarven though, is the creation of an adamantine weapon, one of the most valuable things imaginable to them, and engraving imagery of defeat by animals onto it.

It could be worse, it could be the artifact I recently got with the image of an artifact lignite quern from another fort nicely balanced against the legendary grizzly bear that slaughtered the original inhabitants of that fort as well as the reclaim party.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 09:45:53 pm »

It could be worse, it could be the artifact I recently got with the image of an artifact lignite quern from another fort nicely balanced against the legendary grizzly bear that slaughtered the original inhabitants of that fort as well as the reclaim party.

Think of these sort of like Picasso's Guernica.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:28:00 am »

I think it makes perfect sense for them to engrave that into a weapon.  It's a reminder to warriors and miners who weild it to watch themselves carefully.

"Remember, warriors.  We too can be killed by very poorly named wild animals."
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19:38 am »

Wow, that's a really pimped out pick... imagine your miner walking down the corridors with that thing, all the dwarves turning after him in jealousy and awe, the ladies wetting their panties at the sight...