Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about this video?

It's disgusting exploitation and degradation of a human being.
- 18 (20.9%)
It's pretty terrible.
- 14 (16.3%)
I don't care about it.
- 6 (7%)
Sort've funny.
- 15 (17.4%)
Absolutely hilarious.
- 21 (24.4%)
Other Opinion ( Please Post )
- 2 (2.3%)
Don't care / View poll
- 10 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: How To: Train Your Crackhead  (Read 9612 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How To: Train Your Crackhead
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:14 am »

why shouldn't people under the influence of drugs be jailed, even for one night?
Becuase while they may have a higher chance of commiting a crime. They have not commited a crime.
Yes they have. They took illegal drugs. That's a crime.
Whatever man. As far as Im concerned he hasn't done anything wrong.

Whatever man. You neither make the law or enforce it so your opinion makes no difference here, which means he has broken the law, whether or not you think that law is valid. A better thing to say would be "they have not done anything wrong" rather than "they have not committed a crime".

You've heard of drunk tanks, right? Where people seriously over the limit can spend the night so they're not a danger to themselves and others?

In all honesty, if this guy was on drugs, that's probably what happened. Less of an arrest and more them taking him somewhere we he can't, for example, be tricked into running into a pole by a couple of douchebags.
That is if he was drunk...

Same concept. Replace the word drunk with drug. A person under the influence of either drugs or alcohol (but more so with drugs) has a greater chance of hurting themselves and those around them than a clean person. Which is why someone under the influence of either is picked up off the street and given help.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:06:03 am by Jackrabbit »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2010, 01:04:43 am »

Whatever man. As far as Im concerned he hasn't done anything wrong.

The thing about society functioning is that you, as an eleven-year-old on the internet, can't just say that you disagree with a law and therefore feel free to disregard it.

That is if he was drunk...

It doesn't matter what the particular substance is. Being in an altered state of any kind due to drugs that is bad enough to cause you to be a personal and public hazard is a bad thing. Whether or not the drugs themselves are illegal, doing that in public is a bad thing.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2010, 01:16:45 am »

None of this talk of semantics and legality detracts at all, of course, from the video not being funny and the turds with the laser pointer being turds. The guy was probably causing no harm and suffered from the actions of some cunts with a laser pointer. Sure, if you think the judicial/incarceration/rehabilitation system isn't fucked beyond usefulness, I'm sure you can justify him being arrested for being drugged up because you think it'll end up with him being cured of his addiction, but that's likely not gonna be the case and not really the issue anyway. The issue is that it's really only the sort of humour that fucked up people like, and in my opinion, encouraging fucked up people to fuck with other people by posting 'LOL FUNNY' videos is probably in the long run worse than some guy with an addiction.
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2010, 01:19:18 am »

As much as I don't like this video, lolrandumasshole humor isn't as bad as drugs. However many people you think have died from people looking for a laugh, I'm willing to bet that drugs have killed more.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2010, 01:19:55 am »

Whatever man. You neither make the law or enforce it so your opinion makes no difference here, which means he has broken the law, whether or not you think that law is valid. A better thing to say would be "they have not done anything wrong" rather than "they have not committed a crime".
A slip up. I should have said that. Sorry.

Same concept. Replace the word drunk with drug. A person under the influence of either drugs or alcohol (but more so with drugs) has a greater chance of hurting themselves and those around them than a clean person.
Except Im sure their punished much harsher for illegal drugs.

The thing about society functioning is that you, as an eleven-year-old on the internet, can't just say that you disagree with a law and therefore feel free to disregard it.
Society can function without me tending to its every need.

It doesn't matter what the particular substance is. Being in an altered state of any kind due to drugs that is bad enough to cause you to be a personal and public hazard is a bad thing. Whether or not the drugs themselves are illegal, doing that in public is a bad thing.
I dont mind moving them them away for the night, but they should be released the next morning without being punished.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2010, 01:23:27 am »

I find it hard to believe you are serious,cowofdoom.Law is law.your opinions or feelings do not matter in any way,shape,or form.If order is to be maintained then law must be followed.There are laws that are silly or ones that get in the way of moral justice and order.

This is not one of them.Drugs don't make you cool or rebellious,they make you a non-productive member of society and life,with potential to hamper productive members of life.

there must be punishment for breaking laws,otherwise the laws hold no power.If we were to just up and release people a day after commiting serious crimes,do you honestly believe they wouldn't just do it again?

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2010, 01:28:57 am »

As much as I don't like this video, lolrandumasshole humor isn't as bad as drugs. However many people you think have died from people looking for a laugh, I'm willing to bet that drugs have killed more.

I'm willing to bet that dehumanisation of others, specifically those deemed inferior and incapable of looking after themselves probably has killed more than drugs.
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2010, 01:33:10 am »

I'm willing to bet that dehumanisation of others, specifically those deemed inferior and incapable of looking after themselves probably has killed more than drugs.
Holy leap, batman. Where'd you get that from?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37:30 am »

Holy leap, batman. Where'd you get that from?

He cleverly replaced "people looking for a laugh" with "Dehumanisation of others." Under that terminology, his claim makes more sense, but it still makes the weird leap that laughing at someone dehumanizes them. They seem pretty different. Hitler didn't crack Jew jokes to launch the holocaust, which is sort of the implication of his logic.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2010, 01:39:42 am »

Yeah, manipulating people for a laugh =/= Pol Pot.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2010, 01:40:18 am »

They screwed with a guy for 6 minutes, doing what you might do to an animal, they made him run into shit, probably injuring himself and at least one guy behind the camera wanted to send him out onto the road. They end up getting him arrested and giggle about it like retards. That's not treating the guy like a person they remotely care about or care about the future of. That's a lack of empathy and awareness of what it's like for the guy they're fucking with or how he's ended up there, that's fucking with a guy who's barely there cognitively for their own giggles. If you want the most extreme comparison possible, it's comparable to going to a disability group home and fucking with the people there for laughs. 'hey lol look at the silly *group or entity here*'
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:45:12 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2010, 01:43:27 am »

I find it hard to believe you are serious,cowofdoom.Law is law.your opinions or feelings do not matter in any way,shape,or form.If order is to be maintained then law must be followed.There are laws that are silly or ones that get in the way of moral justice and order.
Following laws blindly is something I will never agree to.

This is not one of them.Drugs don't make you cool or rebellious,they make you a non-productive member of society and life,with potential to hamper productive members of life.
This has nothing to do with being cool or rebellious. I dont like seeing innocent people get punished.

there must be punishment for breaking laws,otherwise the laws hold no power.If we were to just up and release people a day after commiting serious crimes,do you honestly believe they wouldn't just do it again?
Then we just go and get them again. Or make a place they can do this stuff without being in danger.

At least for the drug users. Im not against all the laws.

He cleverly replaced "people looking for a laugh" with "Dehumanisation of others."
You do know the name of the video is "How to train your crackhead" and the question asked was "Do you think we could get a crack head to chase this laser like a cat?"

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2010, 03:35:23 am »

How are you telling the difference between silly and not-silly laws?  It's not your opinion, is it?

I think it is a crime to be currently on an illegal drug.

NINJAAAAAA'D

I'm not sure about this, at least in the US.  I'm pretty sure that walking around high can only, by itself, get you charged with public intoxication, which has nothing to do with whether the drug is illegal or not.  What people get nailed for is possession.

And why exactly is everyone so sure this guy's on drugs, instead of just being bored and/or mentally unhealthy like most homeless people?  Does it go any deeper than "black homeless man = crackhead"?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:43:19 am by Footkerchief »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2010, 04:19:39 am »

First off, most of that discussion was based on the suspicious that he was a crackhead. I even mentioned that I only suspected it once and that he could certainly just be insane. The way that he tries to chase a red dot for six minutes and never figures out what's going on suggests at the very lest that he's mentally unstable, and if he is on drugs, well, it doesn't really make a difference since the discussion is hypothetical more than anything. And suggesting we all assume he'd do it because he's both black and homeless and therefore a crackhead is... yeah, that's pretty dumb. Way to jump to conclusions there.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess that's needlessly aggressive of me, sorry. It's hard to get what I mean across sometimes, hence the excessive editing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:32:01 am by Jackrabbit »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2010, 04:32:08 am »

Just saw your edit, but yeah, it's not really that big a jump.  In the US, at least, the term "crackhead" and the politics of crack have always been deeply linked with race and racism.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 04:34:33 am by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12