Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 6 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 46087 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 6 - Day 2: Demotivational
« Reply #465 on: May 16, 2010, 06:36:02 pm »

Maybe he's frustrated. He's already explained himself a couple times already.

You seem to forget that he was answering your questions. Is he scum now because he stopped? Not for that reason, I think.

Irrelevant. When I ask a question, you answer it. Period. If you don't, I vote you. Them's the rules.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 16, 2010, 07:29:16 pm »

If anyone has addressed me in this, I've probably been more concerned with IRL drama than this game and missed it. Just saying.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 16, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »

My only job at weddings is to eat cake.

And lift stuff.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 16, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »

And lift stuff.

That was my other job.  The women in my family are built like 1. little annoying yappy dogs or 2. valkyries/farmers.

Yup.  Valkyrie Farmer 64, anyone?

.... anyway, back to Mafia...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #469 on: May 16, 2010, 07:46:50 pm »

@JTF: Like I said before, I was mistaken. You might be scum, but not because of that situation, just because I am suspicious of everyone. I'm going to look back on you and make my own decision in that regard.

Another 'more later' promise.  Any more thoughts on the matter?

Toony, did you seriously just tell me that I wouldn't know the number of scum unless I was scum?

Get the fuck out.

Seriously, you've got that and a copy of Mr.Person's argument. I'm not buying it at all. What are you even doing here? Let's start with your scumlist.

Three picks gives a better picture than two?  I said top three suspects, not top three scum because 1. there isn't. and 2. you wouldn't know that unless you were scum yourself.
As for my stated reason it's your incredible ability to contradict yourself between every post and your Day 1 game (as of yet).

I'm 95% sure that he means you wouldn't know which two scum are scum, not that there are only two scum (if you are one of them).  And it's a good enough point to ask for the extra scum.  If you know for that sure who the scum are, you're either a god among men or scum yourself.

"Whoa ho ho ho, I'm Mr. Person! I found an apparent inconsistency in one of Jokerman-EXE's post! I will proceed to hound him incessantly over it for no real reason, determined to 'prove' that Jokerman-EXE is scum despite that on a closer reading Jokerman-EXE is not even inconsistent at all. I will also refuse to listen to anything he has to say, or even what anybody else has to say, because I am so assured of my intelligence that the possibility I have my head stuck up my ass is the remotest one possible."

How is the main post that Mr.Person's been bringing up (where Jokerman says that Ottofar is being scummy and noobbussed than goes on in the same paragraph to say that he thinks Meph and I apparantly pushing a townie lynch) not inconsistent exactly?

JanusTwoFace for sloppy scum play.

I'm pretty sure I've said this once this game already.  Call me scum all you want.  You'll be wrong, but have at it.  But at least have a damn good reason if you're going to call me sloppy scum.

Yes Org being useless hurts town.
"
I won't be useless once day ends.

I'm assuming you're saying that you have a useful role.  Either that or you're claiming scum.  Either way is a *really* terrible way to play.  Mafia should be the day game *supported* by roles, not a role based game with a few useless semi-amusing comments during the day.  So, Org, do me a favor.  Find the last post you've made that you consider useful to the town as a whole (in this game).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 16, 2010, 07:48:20 pm »

Valkyrie Farmer 64, anyone?
This needs to be made
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 16, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »

How is the main post that Mr.Person's been bringing up (where Jokerman says that Ottofar is being scummy and noobbussed than goes on in the same paragraph to say that he thinks Meph and I apparantly pushing a townie lynch) not inconsistent exactly?

As I've been saying, Jokerman-EXE found you and Meph suspicious, so he was speculating when he was saying Ottofar was town.

He concluded, however, that Ottofar was scum as per his previous opinions, and being bussed by either you or Meph.

Is openly speculating about multiple possibilities considered inconsistent? I don't think so, which is why I think this whole things is really stupid.

JanusTwoFace for sloppy scum play.

I'm pretty sure I've said this once this game already.  Call me scum all you want.  You'll be wrong, but have at it.  But at least have a damn good reason if you're going to call me sloppy scum.

Oh, I do have a good reason.

Your bandwagon on Jokerman-EXE. You didn't mention it at all. What do you have to say on that?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2010, 08:14:24 pm »

Your bandwagon on Jokerman-EXE. You didn't mention it at all. What do you have to say on that?

How in the world am I bandwagoning?  I thought he was acting scummy so I voted him.  Looking back, the only other person even voting him at that point was Mr.Person.  At that same vote count, you, Org, and Criptfeind each had a pair of people voting for you.  So yeah, I fail to see your point.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 16, 2010, 08:34:51 pm »

Your reasons for voting Jokerman-EXE were very weak. Weak reasons for a vote, some of them reiterated, looks like a bandwagon to me.

Mostly though, there's this little bit:

Jokerman-EXE is scum.  'More later' plus town/not town post plus trying to put words in my mouth (and Meph's who is guaranteed to be town).

How did Jokerman-EXE put words in yours and Meph's mouth? How is this scummy if he suspected you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #474 on: May 16, 2010, 09:11:20 pm »

How did Jokerman-EXE put words in yours and Meph's mouth? How is this scummy if he suspected you?

Here's his post.

Janus and Meph, you're pushing for a shortening of the day while only Janus has his vote on Ottofar. This makes me think that one or both of you is scum and you're pushing to lynch a townie Day 1.

Meph, why are you voting Vector if you're hoping that Ottofar gets lynched? As a matter of fact, Ottofar. What are you pushing for a day-shorten and lynch when you're the one that's going to get killed?

Noob bus, probably. Ottofar, you're scum, and either Janus or Meph (or both, I forget how many scum there are) is your scumbuddy. Shorten.

Emphasis in bold.

First, he says we're both pushing for a shortening.  I'm not.  I'm asking people to stop extending Day 1, especially where we have a clear lynch:

If I'm not mistaken, those two extension requests were Ottofar and Vector within a few hours after the previous extension (and I think meant originally for that extension).

We've had plenty of activity, Ottofar is still scummy and has 4 voters to Criptfeind's 2 or anyone else's 1.  For day 1 (yes, it's still day 1), it's awesome to have someone that looks even this scummy.  Can we just lynch him already and stop extending the day?

(Directed at the players, no issue with Webadict's handling of extensions)

Second, 'lynch a townie' versus 'Ottofar, you're scum'.  You can't have it both ways.

Thind, Mephansteras wasn't voting Vector, he was voting Pandarsenic (pointed out shortly after Jokerman's post).

Overall it looks sloppy / self-contradicting and like he's laying the groundwork for a lynch of either Mephansteras or myself.  Scummy in both cases.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 16, 2010, 09:52:37 pm »

Second, 'lynch a townie' versus 'Ottofar, you're scum'.  You can't have it both ways.

Can too.

Is it really so hard to imagine a scenario where two people are pushing a lynch on someone, where an outside observer can conclude that either they are scum trying to lynch a scummy looking townie, or that one of them is scum trying to bus his partner, from just looking at a single set of circumstances?

Moving on, why do you think that Jokerman-EXE is deliberately putting words in your mouth, instead of just being completely mistaken about things? Knowing Jokerman-EXE's capability, why did you choose the former?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2010, 10:34:37 pm »

If I had said that from a scum point of view, janus, wouldn't this all be helpful for my team?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 16, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »

It is hard to follow your train of thought but did you just scum slip?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2010, 10:40:00 pm »

Can too.

Is it really so hard to imagine a scenario where two people are pushing a lynch on someone, where an outside observer can conclude that either they are scum trying to lynch a scummy looking townie, or that one of them is scum trying to bus his partner, from just looking at a single set of circumstances?

That's bullshit. Obviously whenever I attack a player, I'm either scum trying to lynch a non-aligned player, a townie trying to lynch scum, or scum trying to bus a partner. What's not obvious is which of those three scenarios he thinks is going on. He can only pick one, the one he thinks is most likely going on.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2010, 11:01:47 pm »

Of course. And that's what Jokerman-EXE did. He concluded it was a noob bus. The rest was him thinking aloud about other possibilities.

I'm tired of arguing about this, especially on somebody else's behalf.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47