Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Battle of the gods ζ: OoC thread.  (Read 8337 times)

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
  • The bringer of doom....and pancakes.
    • View Profile
Battle of the gods ζ: OoC thread.
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:51:00 pm »

For those of you wondering What the heck I'm thinking, This is an out of Character (OoC) Thread for my Battle of the gods thread. Here, I'll answer questions and accept applications to the game.
Basic rules:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starting questions:
Q:Why would you do such a thing?
A: Because I saw one of these through a link and thought it was cool.

Q: What are your rules?
A: Heroes and armies can only move three squares a turn, Town growth is dependent on the type of town you have; normal growth towns get 15, Slow gets 10, and fast gets 20. There is equal focus on the game as the world, and you can interact directly with your people if you wish. There will be a movement penalty for moving on terrain not suited for you, Towns settled on these type of terrain suffer a growth penalty of five. If you need more information that I forgot feel free to ask.

Q:What will your roll be?
A:I will be playing as well, I will also serve as a referee between gods and say what's kosher.

Q:How do I join?
A: Simple! just fill out this sheet:
Spoiler: enrollment sheet (click to show/hide)

Q: Can I see your sheet?
A: Yes.
Q: how many people will you let in?
A: 4 to start, If things are moving to slow, I'll let more in.

Q:where is this thread located?
A:Right here.

Q: what is the current map?
A:
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:27:06 pm by yousodumb »
I'm not insulting you.... unless you think I am.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the gods ζ: OoC thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:22:31 am »

what what, somebody stole our franchise, without even putting the proper number at the end (this would be the 7th botg)

I charge you for infringement, the fine will be 10 internets
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 08:54:12 am »

I, Armok, God of Blood, decree this unworthy to bear the name BotG. Yousodumb, you are hereby excommunicated.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:07:19 pm »

God's name: Typhon
God's appearance: Typhon is a tall and muscular human with long blond beard and short blond hair. His left eye is torn out and crawling with ant-like insects, his right eye has taken a steel grey colour and doesn't seems to see anything. He wears steel-toe-capped boots but elsewise he is garbed like an nordic warrior in clothes out of human leather and an helmet of a greyish metal which is inscribed with runes that even hurt a gods eyes if he looks upon them. A Crow with red glowing eyes is always sitting on his shoulder and seems to counsel him.
Sphere: As Typhon is a pretty young god and has come into existence only a short time, he hasn't settled on one specific sphere, although you could call him a god of conquest and organisation which is a pretty weird mix...
Personality: You could sometimes think that Typhon is the reincarnation of an old norse warrior as he has the same Character as one of those, meaning he is the most time loud, vulgar, childish and pretty choleric overall although he can have complete mood-swings in which he is silent, cynic, calculating and pretty cold.
--------------------------------
Species name: Makriouq( if my species from the Evolution game is allowed)

Species appearance: The Makriouq are a large species of insectoids which look very much like a mix between spiders and ants. Although having 6 legs like normal insects they have evolved two arms ending in hands with 2 long claws/fingers and a thumb. And here ends what all Makriouqs have in common. The size of the Matriouq greatly differs between the Castes, the greatest full-grown being the Queens and the Kroqs("The Lords") which can reach a height of up to 3 meters and a length of up to 7 meters to the smallest being the tunnelers(Krin'voar) of the Worker-Caste("Krin") with just 1,50 meter in height and 2 meters length.

Fighting style: As the Makriouq live in a highly organized Caste System
 they have their own Military Caste the Ouq. They are led by the only fertile male Caste, the Kroqs, who act as generals. The Makriouq Warfare is directly laid out to their insectoid bodies: Before an attack is made the so called Krin'sa'uni(Shadowweavers) are sent out. Saboteurs who cause Chaos and Fear in the ranks of the enemys by spreading diseases, sabotaging important war machines and most importantly by letting loose the Varouq, a small(about 30 cm long) scorpion-like species which was domesticated by the Makriouq. These highly intelligent little beasts reproduce by laying eggs in the bodies of their enemies, which happens by a small sting(feeling like you've been stung from a bee). The incubation-time is about 1 day then the eggs will hatch and thousands of new-born Varouq will eat their way out of the body of their hosts and attacking any new host in sight. After the Shadowweavers have done their work the Makriouq will attack in giant waves of thousands of their kinds. Their bodies which are already protected by a chitin like exoskeleton the strength of a iron chainmail are aditionally protected by  plates of steel which they wear on the weakpoints of their bodies. Supported by the Snik a caste cabable of spraying a strong acid over large distances, the normal Ouq charge headlong in large packs of 30 known as Va'ui and attack the enemy with steel claws attached to their hands, large War Scythes and long blades attached to their legs. These attacks are supported by the hatching of the Varouq eggs and flanking attacks of auxiliary troops, combined of enslaved conquered species.

Demeanor:The Makriouq are a warlike imperialistic species trying to getting as muhc territory as possible to feed their large populations and their hunger for power. Although they seem like dumb insects they are highly intelligent(maybe coming from the 7 brains replacing their spinal cord) and are masterful artists and writers. They are very curious and the library of the capital covers knowledge over everything you wish to know. But mainly they are famous for their silk which a special caste the Krin-sak'ouq(Silkspinner) produce. The Silk is extremly strong and tearresistant, and woven in the right way it is even can't be cut by steel. The Makriouq are highly interestedd in food as their big people and their fast Metabolism forces them to eat very much.The only other thign they're interested in are Slaves. Generally all enemies who survived battles and got captured will never be released nor killed. Even very important persons are seldom ransomed. The captured enemies willl either be eaten right on the battlefield or will used in the breeding areas weere even sapient species will be held like cattle. Should the captured enemies prove good in battle they may(after a long and painful indoctrination process) be added to the auxiliary forces.

History: The Makriouq are a very young species newly created by Typhon for his first game of the gods...
Relationship with god: The fewest of the Makriouq even know that Typhon exists. He just sometimes gives the queens and the Kroqs order on what would be the wisest thing to do...
Preferred terrain: The Makriouq prefer mountains and hills as their cities are underground hives...
Growth Rate: The Makriouq reproduce extremly fast. Normally all males born are not fertile but have reproduction organs. However if a Queen feeds them a certain nectar produced in her body (the so called "Queens-Gift") the male specimen will greatly increase it's growth and become fertile. The Makriouq lay eggs, which need to breed about 3 months than larvas will hatch. In the Larva-stage they will evolve their sex dpending on what they are fed: The great bunch of the Makriouq population is made up of non fertile males which are fed normally, while some larvas get the special "Queens-Gift"-Nectar which makes them evolve female reproduction organs.  After 6 months of growing they have finally reached the "Maq-ro"-stage in which they are tested on their skills and therefore sent to different castes, where they are fed different special diets to adjust their growth to the caste needings. After 3 years they have finally grown to their final stage: a full-grown Makriouq. The age also greatly differs between the different Makriouq castes: while normal tunnelers not get older than 100 years, queens can reach an age of up to one thousand years...

---------------------
Hero name: Kroq-Kar
Appearance:He is 8m tall and 3 meter long. His 8 eyes all have a glowing red colour. His carapace is dark green and covered with steel plates. He is the constant favourite of every queen since the founding of the species, which to one part lies in the glory he has gained in battle and to the other part in the fact that he is the favorite of Typhon.   
History:He was the first of the Makriouq and was since the founding of the race always there.
------------------
Hero symbol: ä
Army symbol: a
Settlement symbol:A
Starting spot: northern hills next to the river at the upper edge, 1.Row/19.Column

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 05:27:12 pm »

what what, somebody stole our franchise, without even putting the proper number at the end (this would be the 7th botg)

I charge you for infringement, the fine will be 10 internets
Bleh. I am sorry, I couldn't find the correct number. I'll pay the fine, here:
Spoiler: one internet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: two internets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: three internets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: four internets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: five internets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: six internets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: seven internets (click to show/hide)
That's all I could find, sorry.

I, Armok, God of Blood, decree this unworthy to bear the name BotG. Yousodumb, you are hereby excommunicated.
:'( I R sadd.

It"s all good, Go on to the main thread and post away!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:40:44 pm »

I, Strife, occasional demigod pertaining to Strife declare this thread suspect, but with possibility.

Also, as a note, if it seems that this game isn't going well, I've got plans for BOTG 7 in a folder somewhere, and I wouldn't hesitate to start it.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:35:21 am by Strife26 »
Even the avatars expire eventually.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 09:51:36 pm »

I have ideas for an adventurer if you are willing to except them in.

However i'll let this play out a bit before I join in to see where this is going.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 01:36:02 am »

I, Strife, occasional demigod pertaining to Strife declare this thread suspect, but with possibility.

Also, as a note, if it seems that this game isn't going well, I've got plans for BOTG 7 in a folder somewhere, and I wouldn't hesitate to start it.

Only one problem with your post: you used Z and z for symbols, And I'm already using those. Change that little thing and your in.

I have ideas for an adventurer if you are willing to except them in.

However i'll let this play out a bit before I join in to see where this is going.
sounds like a plan.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 06:34:51 am »

Alright, I'll switch to X and x then. I'll edit my earlier post.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 11:55:40 am »

God's name: Karrus

God's appearance:He resembles a giant burning disembodied wolf head. He has dark yellow eyes. Fire escapes from his mouth when he speaks. His fur is dark gray ( and on fire, though this doesn't seem to bother him ).

Sphere: Strategy, Fire, Mountains

Personality: Despite his appearance, he is actually pretty friendly. He prefers to intimidating those who oppose him, rather than killing them, but he can be extremely vengeful when an Artherian is killed or harmed. He is intelligent, and puts a great emphasis on strategy, both in warfare and in everyday life. He is lazy, and often ignores Artherians who call upon him, though he has been known to take a liking to certain Artherians, and grant them tremendous power, as well as providing them guidance. He is also fairly secretive. 
--------------------------------
Species name: Artherians

Species appearance: The Artherians are about the same height as humans, and resemble them in some ways. They weigh a lot more than humans. Their heads are larger than those of humans, and their necks a lot bigger. They have 3 eyes in their head, usually either red or blue. These eyes have no lids, but they have brille, an transparent immovable skin that covers their eyes. Their eyesight is not very good though, and neither are their hearing and sense of smell. Similar to snakes, they possess organs that can sense infrared. 3 of these organs are located on either side of their heads. They largely rely on these organs. Their mouths can stretch to fill almost their entire face, and is filled with razor-sharp teeth.
They have no fur or hair, but they are covered in a thick, brown, flammable slime, and can secrete more of it if they lose it. They can use this slime to glue themselves to surfaces, as well as for protection.
Their arms and legs are bigger than those of humans, but they move around fairly slowly.

Fighting style: They mostly fight by manipulating others, or by tricking their opponents. This applies to their regular lives ( especially for nobility, who are constantly lying and manipulating others to do their bidding for them, usually trying to get more power or keep their rivals from doing so ) as well as to warfare. Because of this, their armies are generally unorganized, with every one of them trying to gain followers. They might disobey orders if they think this will help them gain power, or even just to undermine the power of another. Extreme danger has been known to unite them, though, and they are far more dangerous when this happens.

In combat, an Artherian will harden it's slime, as their body is very fragile underneath it. They generally wield shields and spears or bows, though Artherians who have experience with different weapons might use those instead. They can also use their slime to glue themselves close to enemies, often using the slime on their arms to hold the targets arms, and then biting them. This leaves them open to attacks, so they usually only do this during individual combat or hunting.

One of the most dangerous aspects of the Artherians ( both to their foes and their friends ) is their flammable slime. Artherians have hot blood, capable of igniting the slime if it gets penetrated, essentially setting themselves on fire. As long as they have slime, it won't hurt them, but since they largely rely on their infrared senses, it blinds them to the point where they can no longer tell friend from foe. If they hit another Artherian, he will catch on fire as well. Burning Artherians can infrared sense ( see? ) each other, if just barely, but they don't recognize Artherians that are not on fire, which usually leads to the fire quickly spreading. The Artherians that are not on fire will try to avoid the burning ones, of course, but will often find themselves surrounded by flames. Unless the flames are extinguished somehow, the fire will burn for a few hours, then end. The Artherians will be slimeless for about a full day afterwards, and thus very vulnerable.

Demeanor: They mostly live in secluded areas. They try to manipulate anything that contacts them, which usually means that the dumber ones end up being almost enslaved, in a sense, and the more intelligent ones avoiding them altogether, except for trading purposes. The Artherians mostly export gems and ores.

History: Nobody is really sure where the Artherians came from. They used to live in more populated areas, together with other civilizations. Unfortunately, back then most of the world was covered in forests, which was not the best place for Artherians to be. It is estimated that Artherians were responsible for 95% of the forest fires that took place in this period, until finally they were driven out by other species who were getting sick of having their homes burned down. They then moved to the cold mountain heights, as they would be less likely to do much damage here if they caught on fire, where they built their huge cities. Recently, a few of them went down into the planes and started building there again, although the grass would cause fire to spread even faster between Artherians.

Relationship with god: He doesn't do much for them, but most of them like him or are indifferent to him, though some of them blame him for not being able to live with other species, because he created them to catch on fire ( although their manipulation of all other civilizations was as much a cause of their forced relocation as the fires were ).

Preferred terrain: High in the mountains.

Growth Rate: Slow. It takes about a year until a female Artherian gives birth, and 20 years until an Artherian is fullgrown. They live long though, about 150 years on average.
---------------------
Hero name: Farwan

Appearance: He looks like most other Artherians, but he is a bit bigger and faster than most of them are. He has red eyes. His slime is crimson red as opposed to the usual brown. He is extremely strong, and wields a huge morningstar and a large spiked shield.

History: Once he started manipulating others, he quickly gained a lot of power. Others often sent their own followers to kill him, and stop his rapidly growing political power, but he managed to defeat all of the assassins that were sent at him. It seemed inevitable that he would become the mayor, and in another five years perhaps even the king. But he had grown tired of the manipulation and intrigue, and went on a quest to seek Karrus. After almost 10 years, he succeeded. Karrus liked Farwan, and Farwan spent a long time in his domain, together with other Artherians who had sought Karrus. When he left, he no longer aged as other Artherians did. Karrus guided him to an Artherian city that was under attack. Farwan managed to end the siege, through a combination of fighting skill and tactics, and has since been known as a hero to the Artherians.
------------------
Hero symbol: T
Army symbol: t
Settlement symbol: #
Starting spot: Glacier
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:02:29 pm by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 08:39:36 pm »

Alright, I'll switch to X and x then. I'll edit my earlier post.

Now it's all good. Feel free to post in the main thread.

Looks fine, Head on down to the main thread and post away!

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »

So uhm...am I supposed to pick a starting position now? :p
Do I copy the map and just place myself somewhere, or are you supposed to do it for me?

I don't really get how I'm supposed to start the game   :-[
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 11:33:38 pm »

Oops I'll answer that...
If you have image editing software (gimp, photoshop, paint.net, even paint will work) then you add in your base and hero where you want them, use the text tool to add in your symbol(s). I hope this is good info for you.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 01:30:17 pm »

just do as we did last game

use an ASCII map, wrapped in tt tags
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

yousodumb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 11:22:48 pm »

:( I suck at text-map things. I'll try.... (will edit this with new map.)

Edit: have to do it tomorrow, need sleep.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:58:46 am by yousodumb »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6