Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [31.03] Cooking liquids works again (it doesn´t...my mistake)  (Read 1131 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just something I found out by accident in my current fort.

I  had marked my booze as cookable, so that my cook would be able to use it for cooking a stack of meat into a lavish  meal.
But thanks to my idotic cook taking a break just at this time I forgot to unmark the booze again  and now I have almost no booze left, but huge stacks of roasts made exclusively out of dwarven wine and other booze.

So, to sum it up, I  don´t know if this works for sweetpod syruop as well, but for booze, cooking liquids works fine again in DF 31.01 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:26:56 am by Proteus »

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
Re: [31.03] Cooking liquids works again
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:15:32 am »

Cooking it is not the problem. Eating it is.

Forbid all other types of food. See if you get Urist McHungry cancels Eat: Job item lost or inaccessible.

Problem is, liquid roasts melt away the moment a dwarf picks it up to nom.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

TheDancinZerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:19:37 am »

Cooking it is not the problem. Eating it is.

Forbid all other types of food. See if you get Urist McHungry cancels Eat: Job item lost or inaccessible.

Problem is, liquid roasts melt away the moment a dwarf picks it up to nom.

Poor urist, its like eating cotton candy, once you put it in your mouth, it disappears!

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:26:02 am »

Tried it out and confirm that you´re right.
My recordkeeper came, wanted to eat and instead just produced puddles of dwarven ale in the food depot :D

I believed the bug consisted of the roasts turning into liquid already upon cooking,  but obviously I was mistaken.
Well, as hauling seems to work without problems, maybe I can still trade my dwarven wine roasts to the first dwarven caravan that appears

;)

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [31.03] Cooking liquids works again (it doesn´t...my mistake)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:03:05 pm »

Just make sure there's a solid ingredient in every otherwise liquid roast.  I've had no problems thus far and I've been doing that.  (mmm... syrup + syrup + syrup + cheese!)