Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 233

Author Topic: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!  (Read 232152 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnerkrigg Court: Confusion, confusion everywhere!
« Reply #2910 on: April 03, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

Welp, this has "political fiasco" written all over it.  I'm pretty sure the Court has absolutely no say in the Forest choice of medium, as the headmaster didn't go any further than a suggestion that this may be a poor idea when Annie was first selected.  It'd wouldn't be much of a leap at all to point out that dear old daddy here, due to his position as a teacher, is effectively an agent of the Court, even if he's trading on his authority as a father right now. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:53:50 pm by Culise »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: April 03, 2015, 03:23:13 pm »

Well, Coyote may have been informed and revoked her Mediumship, but I doubt it. There might also be some clause somewhere where a citizen of the Court can't be the Medium for the forest.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 03, 2015, 03:58:12 pm »

I can't even continue reading this.  I just want to punch that guy too badly.   :-\
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 03, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »

Well, Coyote may have been informed and revoked her Mediumship, but I doubt it. There might also be some clause somewhere where a citizen of the Court can't be the Medium for the forest.
>Implying Coyote would care about either of these
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:00 pm »

Maybe he'd pretend to do it for a laugh.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 03, 2015, 06:50:42 pm »

Alright, so this is what the whole cribbing business is about, presumably. Old Carver wants the girl away from the trees. But why? What is he planning?

Also, and I'm sure others I'm not aware of have erected complete crackpot theory apartment buildings on that suspicion, could it be that the Tony we see here is literally a soulless husk? That he programmed his enormous brain to function like a machine, a Chinese Room, without that ethereal component? That he is all the while using his severed soul to infiltrate the forest or something whatever while his body keeps eating and taking care of menial tasks (child raising, household chores, surgery)? Does being a gunnerkrigg lich have advantages? I don't know. It would tie well into that whole soul transfer business going on, and that theme of disfigure- and dismemberment Carver sr. has.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 06, 2015, 07:26:27 am »

Hey, first to react to today's post! My summary:

HErssdfoidfhg#$u@(*&(*#%#( YOU #(*%&@@

Ok, now that I've got that over with... anyone else find it odd how sort of accepting she's being of all this? Is it possible he's found a way to suppress the fire-elementalness of her personality? Or is it just parental powers?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 06, 2015, 07:46:36 am »

I'm betting on parental powers. That or his blank slate face has innate magical properties we don't know about.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: April 06, 2015, 08:07:03 am »

Good sir,

You are a dick bag. Please, stop eating penis and act like a decent human being.

Seriously. Fuck this guy.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 06, 2015, 09:30:26 am »

She's pretty much regressing back to being a little kid with him, since that's how it was when she last saw him. Actually pretty accurate for a lot of people with their parents, even if they never had a break like this.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 06, 2015, 09:42:51 am »

I'm... sorta feeling we should punch Tom instead. Over the suffering of a fictional character. And for dragging this on and on. LET IT END. LET IT EEEEEND.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 06, 2015, 09:46:09 am »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:19:17 pm by penguinofhonor »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: April 06, 2015, 10:15:40 am »

Good sir,

You are a dick bag. Please, stop eating penis and act like a decent human being.

Seriously. Fuck this guy.

As a penis eater i resent being compared to this douchebag.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 06, 2015, 11:13:40 am »

Oh. Oh no. That doesn't sound like a good idea.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 06, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »

Thread title should probably be adjusted to: Gunnerkrigg Court: Anger, anger everywhere!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 233