Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 420351 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #2955 on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »

I tried putting each animal man into their own individual civ, but they still are unplayable in Adventurer Mode. Advice?

Any advice? Do I have to rename each entity?

Got these tags?

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:some number]
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: May 31, 2011, 10:50:26 pm »

How do I make a workshop into a magma workshop?

Currently these 2 buildings (from the black powder firearms mod) require fuel for reactions. I could just remove the [FUEL] tag from the reactions correct?
But I would like to create a magma-powered version of both workshops.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:10 pm »

Currently these 2 buildings (from the black powder firearms mod) require fuel for reactions. I could just remove the [FUEL] tag from the reactions correct?

[NEEDS_MAGMA] is what you're looking for in the building file, and then just remove [FUEL] from all of the reactions.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: May 31, 2011, 10:55:02 pm »

Where can I find a list of modding tags?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: May 31, 2011, 10:57:49 pm »

[NEEDS_MAGMA] is what you're looking for in the building file, and then just remove [FUEL] from all of the reactions.

I want 2 separate sets of buildings though, one that is magma powered and another one that's fuel powered.

Would I need to create a duplicate set of reactions that don't have the [FUEL] tag and a duplicate set of magma workshops?

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: May 31, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »

Is it possible for a creature to drop an ITEMCORPSE in addition to its normal corpse? Failing that, is there some way to mod in a body part that will leave a gem when the critter is butchered? I guess some use of pearls might work, but there's nothing on the wiki about how to actually make pearls.

Oh, also, do creatures with unusual eggs still hatch from their eggs?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:17:33 pm by Garbles »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:39 pm »

Err... What do the [BABY:1] and [CHILD:12] tags do?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: May 31, 2011, 11:18:40 pm »

@Garbles: I did something like this to help out with the Pony Mod. You create a new tissue, which leaves a GLOB on butchering, and you make a AUTOMATIC reaction to convert that to the gem. The Tanners is a good building to use for this.

@Angel of Death:

BABY is the age they become a child. No BABY tag or BABY:0 means go straight to CHILD, do not pass BABY

CHILD is the age they become adult. Without BABY tag, and with [CHILD:0] they are born as adults.

Without any CHILD tag at all, they don't breed "in fortress mode" according to the wiki.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:30:31 pm by Reelyanoob »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: May 31, 2011, 11:39:33 pm »

I seem to have bugged something, and turned my Dorfs into fox squirrels that live in little villages.  I guess I accidentally made a Redwall mod?

But I'll fix that later.  I was wondering, is there a page on the wiki for what specifically works in the art image elements, facets, and item improvements part of entity modding?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: May 31, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »

Is it possible for a creature to drop an ITEMCORPSE in addition to its normal corpse? Failing that, is there some way to mod in a body part that will leave a gem when the critter is butchered? I guess some use of pearls might work, but there's nothing on the wiki about how to actually make pearls.
You can mod in a body part that will leave behind a butchery product that can be turned into gems automatically via reactions.

For example, in the material raws:

Then in the body raws:

Then in the tissue raws:

Then in the b_detail:

Then in the reaction raws:

Everything in green is ultimately the important parts. Also, everything relating to the material can be done inside the creature file. Messing with the body detail plans just makes it easier to save the shanges to all the animals. This is a pretty convoluted way, but I wanted to try and make sure that you'd only get around 1 soul per creature, which I can do by simply changing the relsize of the soul body part in the creature raw.

A far more elegant method is presented here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.msg2285215#msg2285215

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: May 31, 2011, 11:55:14 pm »

I want 2 separate sets of buildings though, one that is magma powered and another one that's fuel powered.

Would I need to create a duplicate set of reactions that don't have the [FUEL] tag and a duplicate set of magma workshops?

Yes.

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: June 01, 2011, 12:42:15 am »

Thanks guys. Still not comfortable with the deep body structure modding, but I'll be able to use this eventually.

Another thing: can you add reactions to any workshop? A list of the names you use to call on vanilla workshops would be nice, but I can't find one anywhere.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: June 01, 2011, 12:53:02 am »

Thanks guys. Still not comfortable with the deep body structure modding, but I'll be able to use this eventually.

Another thing: can you add reactions to any workshop? A list of the names you use to call on vanilla workshops would be nice, but I can't find one anywhere.

It's here

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:27 am »

I've made 2 pistols. An advanced one and a homemade one, why does the homemade one constantly do more damage?

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MAGNUM]
[NAME:revolver:revolvers]
[SIZE:400]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[RANGED:BOW:PISTOL]
[SHOOT_FORCE:5000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:10000] 
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:500]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:8000:3000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_GARGUN] (homemade one)
[NAME:garage pistol:garage pistols]
[SIZE:200]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[RANGED:BOW:PISTOL]
[SHOOT_FORCE:2000]
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:2000] 
[TWO_HANDED:0]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:500]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:8000:3000:bash:bashes:NO_SUB:1250]

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:11 am »

I seem to have bugged something, and turned my Dorfs into fox squirrels that live in little villages.  I guess I accidentally made a Redwall mod?

But I'll fix that later.  I was wondering, is there a page on the wiki for what specifically works in the art image elements, facets, and item improvements part of entity modding?
If you mean all your dwarves are showing up as fox squirrels, sounds like you have a raw duplicate issue. You have two entries with the same name - two creatures named DRAGON or two inorganics called OBSIDIAN etc. Check your errorlog. :)

Pretty sure the closest you'll get with the second one is http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Entity_token Not too much info, but I haven't seen anything more detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 357