Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419201 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1905 on: February 10, 2011, 09:06:20 pm »

Okay, so I want a "vanilla" monster without any special tags on it, then three more castes with only flier, building destroyer and a new body with a crossbow arm in them.

Will the vanilla monster still show up in the wild?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 10, 2011, 09:09:31 pm »

So I'm trying to mod Space Marines into dwarf fortress.

Now an Idea I had was to make the various alternate troopers into castes, along with the vehicles.

You'd have the basic tactical marine.

Then the techmarine

Then the librarian(would have a syndrome breath weapon)

and then the various vehicles.

Now how do I go about doing this?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 10, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »

Okay, so I want a "vanilla" monster without any special tags on it, then three more castes with only flier, building destroyer and a new body with a crossbow arm in them.

Will the vanilla monster still show up in the wild?

No.  You need a vanilla Caste with no special tags.  Also, if you put a BODY tag above the first caste definition, ALL castes will get that body, even if they have their own, specific BODY tokens.  In cases where that happens, the creature will have all the bodyparts from both BODY tags.

So in your case, either give all the castes BODY tags and leave off the general BODY tag, or if the cross bow is the only difference, put [BODY:whatever:whatever:etc] with the general creature tokens, and in the crossbow caste just put [BODY:CROSSBOW], where crossbow is a body part that attaches to an already existing arm.

Like:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:CROSSBOW]
[BP:CRSBW:crossbow:crossbows][CATEGORY:CROSS_BOW][CON:RLA] attaches a humanoid's Right Lower Arm
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]

Also, you know there's no way to make the crossbow fire, right?  You can get kinda the right effect using a solid breath weapon, but the creature will still be able to fire even if the crossbow arm gets cut off, and will favor melee unless its speed is very low.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 10, 2011, 10:57:59 pm »

Ok can someone help me I need a syndrome that paralyses or turns someone undead for a zombie mod of mine oh and can I have a copy of the plant_ standard file plz I messed mine up

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1909 on: February 10, 2011, 11:10:24 pm »

@D_E: Well I knew it wouldn't be able to fire the crossbow specifically, so I was going to simulate it via a solid ranged attack like magma crabs, like you said. I forgot the fact that the attack would keep working when the arm fell off, and I did not know it would favor melee. Speed won't be a huge issue so that'll probably work anyway. Thanks for the help!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 10, 2011, 11:45:48 pm »

Just browsing through a topic in the suggestions forum about randomized minerals, and someone mentioned something about having randomized supernatural metals appear in the underworld. Is it possible to make certain types of stone appear in slade? I know the [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SLADE:...] token exists, but does it actually work?
くコ:彡

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:23 pm »

Alright, folks, stupid question time. Is there any way to make a weapon with special attributes? Specifically, I'm looking for fire, frost/ice, and syndromes (poison, blindness, necrosis, etc.) If I thought there was a way to do other elements (water, lightning, etc,) I would be happy to use them, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 11, 2011, 12:00:07 am »

Rename your file robot_body to body_robot.

Body files must start body_ creature files must start creature_ item files must start item_ and so on and so forth.

Alright did that. Dont know how I missed it, but there ya go. Unforntunatly, it doesnt seem to have helped much.

New error log.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ideas?

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 11, 2011, 12:09:47 am »

Alright, folks, stupid question time. Is there any way to make a weapon with special attributes? Specifically, I'm looking for fire, frost/ice, and syndromes (poison, blindness, necrosis, etc.) If I thought there was a way to do other elements (water, lightning, etc,) I would be happy to use them, too.

I'm not sure about now, but in 40d "HEAT" was an accepted damage type.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 11, 2011, 12:29:48 am »

Just browsing through a topic in the suggestions forum about randomized minerals, and someone mentioned something about having randomized supernatural metals appear in the underworld. Is it possible to make certain types of stone appear in slade? I know the [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SLADE:...] token exists, but does it actually work?

As per my preliminary testing, no, it just doesn't show up. Genned 4 new worlds with 3 new stones in slade each. None of them ever appeared in the 12 or so "embark, dfprospector, quit" tests I did.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:23 am »

As per my preliminary testing, no, it just doesn't show up. Genned 4 new worlds with 3 new stones in slade each. None of them ever appeared in the 12 or so "embark, dfprospector, quit" tests I did.
Well. Bugger. There goes my plan. Maybe I could make the deep metals the products of a convoluted series of reactions...
くコ:彡

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 11, 2011, 10:48:58 am »

Like Elysian/Tartarian steels?

Mastvlag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 11, 2011, 11:47:01 am »

I don't know if this has been asked before, but i'm quite a new person on modding (actally never modded before)
I want to make whips and masks craftable and wearable in fortress mode, but i need some help in what to type in what file. Is there anyone who did this or similar before?

EDIT: I changed the whip skill to hammer skill, so the whip should be usable by dwarves now
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:00:37 pm by Mastvlag »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 11, 2011, 11:59:57 am »

I don't know if this has been asked before, but i'm quite a new person on modding (actally never modded before)
I want to make whips and masks craftable and wearable in fortress mode, but i need some help in what to type in what file. Is there anyone who did this or similar before?
Give dwarves access to whips and masks and they'd show up in respective workshops. Check out entity_default and item_<foo> and start from there.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Mastvlag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 11, 2011, 01:08:15 pm »

Give dwarves access to whips and masks and they'd show up in respective workshops. Check out entity_default and item_<foo> and start from there.
I edited the entiny_deafult to have whips and masks in the dwarf section, i copied them from the goblin section, and altered Uncommon into Common there. I checked my game if i could see whips and masks in the crafting screens and the manager screen, but i couldn't find them. Do i need to do something else, or am i doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 357