Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419162 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1860 on: February 06, 2011, 11:41:23 am »

LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT is a token used to reference a creature material from outside a creature.  Rephikul, if you think that, then you musn't have delved into the raws too often, because it's done repeatedly all across the creature definitions.
It's be nice if you can provide an example of tissue modification within the creature to drive the point. Just to be clear, "modification" implies editing tissue tokens of an existing tissue.
Many of the cold-dwelling creatures set a new insulation value for hair tissue using SELECT_TISSUE. Yeti, sasquatch, musk ox, and several others.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 06, 2011, 12:01:31 pm »

LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT is a token used to reference a creature material from outside a creature.  Rephikul, if you think that, then you musn't have delved into the raws too often, because it's done repeatedly all across the creature definitions.
It's be nice if you can provide an example of tissue modification within the creature to drive the point. Just to be clear, "modification" implies editing tissue tokens of an existing tissue.
Many of the cold-dwelling creatures set a new insulation value for hair tissue using SELECT_TISSUE. Yeti, sasquatch, musk ox, and several others.
There's a creature token and tissue token both called insulation and they do pretty much the same thing. However, this is hard coded and they are still different token. Should I indeed can directly modify tissues in the creature, I should be able for example, change tissue material to bronze. This I cant, among many other functions.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 06, 2011, 02:33:22 pm »

Ok, I am making something called ragnarite, I was wondering, did I do this correctly?
It's the boulder, the bar, the few items, and the reaction.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was the boulder, this is the bar:

This is the reaction:

This is the weapon:

Have I done this correctly?
Or is there something wrong?
Because you've added [METAL_ORE:RAGNARITE_ORE:100] , you don't have to make a smelter reaction.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 06, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »

There's a creature token and tissue token both called insulation and they do pretty much the same thing.
Oddly enough, the game disagrees.
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_standard.txt"
HUMAN:Unrecognized Creature Token: INSULATION
Should I indeed can directly modify tissues in the creature, I should be able for example, change tissue material to bronze. This I cant, among many other functions.
Adding
   [SELECT_TISSUE:BONE]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
to humans seems to work nicely. I get a heavy human corpse in the arena, and butchering it, I get Human 1's steel among the remaining butchery items.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 06, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »

Is it possible to make a ranged weapon shoot more than 1 bolt or arrow

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 06, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

what do you mean?
more than one kind of amo? more than one missile at a time?

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 06, 2011, 07:27:38 pm »

More than one missile at a time, I guess.

This is actually a good question. A Piecemaker remake would be pretty awesome.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 06, 2011, 08:05:59 pm »

Is it possible to make a ranged weapon shoot more than 1 bolt or arrow

More than one missile at a time - I don't think so

More than one type of missile - Totally possible.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 06, 2011, 08:12:41 pm »

Ah darn I was going to try and mod in a shotgun that shot 5 different shells oh well. Now I need help making ammo that I can shoot that burns and or lights enemys on fire can someone help there ?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 07, 2011, 01:32:23 am »

There's a creature token and tissue token both called insulation and they do pretty much the same thing.
Oddly enough, the game disagrees.
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_standard.txt"
HUMAN:Unrecognized Creature Token: INSULATION
Should I indeed can directly modify tissues in the creature, I should be able for example, change tissue material to bronze. This I cant, among many other functions.
Adding
   [SELECT_TISSUE:BONE]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
to humans seems to work nicely. I get a heavy human corpse in the arena, and butchering it, I get Human 1's steel among the remaining butchery items.
most interesting, looks like there's something wrong with my SELECT_TISSUE:ALL. Will try this later.

Adding my question: the wiki mention jealous dwarves. However there seems to be no specific tokens to define this attribute. How do I make some of my noble jealous and how do I control this behavior?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:58:50 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:52 am »

Been dabbling recently. Is it possible to make a reaction with PRODUCT:CREATURE:COW or any other product tag to make it actually creatures?

And if that is possible, is there a way to take a creature and make it used in a reaction, but not killed? Like milking?

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 07, 2011, 05:43:54 am »

It's not possible to produce anything but vermin that counts as a living creature in a reaction.

As for using a live creature in a reaction... check if the Butcher's Shop has described reactions. If it has, rip off how does it do that. If it's hardcoded, then it's most probably not possible.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 07, 2011, 06:56:16 am »

it's possible for vermin.
just search for "smelting vermin" (thanks deon)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 07, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »

Is it possible to change the game so you can name weapons or let your character name a weapon him/herself? Just like in fortress mode, but then for adventure mode? After watching a certain episode of an anime, I've been searching for a way to do this. and if possible, are weapon descriptions possible too? For expample= This is the "Bloodthirsty blade", just by holding it you turn into a massmurderer! (<or something like that ;)). I'm sorry if this has already been asked (slow internet connection, and not much time at the moment)
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 357