Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 419435 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #1530 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:26 pm »

Well for a start, change [CREATURE:hell boy] into [CREATURE:HELL_BOY] and that might fix your name issue. I don't know the importance of having uppercase, but I'm reletivly sure that using '_' rather then ' ' is critical for tokenisers.

EDIT: I also can not see where you declaired you skin colours, are you sure you did?

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:06 pm »

Well for a start, change [CREATURE:hell boy] into [CREATURE:HELL_BOY] and that might fix your name issue. I don't know the importance of having uppercase, but I'm reletivly sure that using '_' rather then ' ' is critical for tokenisers.

EDIT: I also can not see where you declaired you skin colours, are you sure you did?
oops one sec ill fix that (didnt copy/paste it all in the spolier

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 22, 2010, 10:14:53 pm »

ok last thing for today, my dwarfs die waay to easy so am wondering in just changing the size would make them better in combat? and i dont want to make them goddly, because i want to be able to have !!fun!! with carp.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:22:30 pm by mcdonaldjord »

Freya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 22, 2010, 10:18:55 pm »

Is there a language file generator that an idiot can use? All the ones I've found make me download some programming language thing that I have no idea how to use. Eheh. . .

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 22, 2010, 11:28:19 pm »

ok last thing for today, my dwarfs die waay to easy so am wondering in just changing the size would make them better in combat? and i dont want to make them goddly, because i want to be able to have !!fun!! with carp.
changing size does indeed increase their survivability against wildlife. Alternatively you can increase their difficulty (said to cause them crit-immune in the first few attacks) or add defensive skills such as dodging innately to them. For more complex changes, you can also do with tissues made of inorganic materials.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 23, 2010, 03:56:11 am »

I believe it happened during the site changeover, before the hamlets etc went in I too killed plenty of races by giving them bad pop ratios.

I didn't know this had changed until I started modding Knight Otu's Zelda mod: I looked at the Gerudo creature in that mod and went "Ha!  2800:1 gender ratio, no WAY that's gonna work... Wait.  It works."  Their entity spawns one civ with a starting population of 100, and I don't think I've ever seen a male gerudo in-game, but they expand no problem.

Mono-gender and genderless races are still limited to their starting pop size.

I haven't tested the phenomena extensively, possibly things get thrown off if you have a high fraction of genderless creatures, but I'd be kinda surprised.
Yet I've only been modding in my antmen for the last month; I'll have to look into this further. I wonder if male:0, female:1 races work.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 23, 2010, 04:36:34 am »

What's the template the game use to determine equipment for armed creatures such as caravan guards or invaders?
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 23, 2010, 06:15:27 am »

What's the template the game use to determine equipment for armed creatures such as caravan guards or invaders?
Any creature that belongs to a civ has it's equipment determined mainly by the tokens found under the relevant entity in raw/object/entity_default.txt. So you have things like [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT], [ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC:COMMON], and [HELM:ITEM_HELM_HOOD:COMMON]; I suggest you read this article on the wiki for more information on these tokens. The types of leather used is determined by the kinds of animals in the civs territory or from underground if they have [SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING]. Starting of as a member of a sea side civ will have you wearing lots of fish leather clothes. Kobolds get their equipment through theft. The detailed allocation of equipment is otherwise hardcoded.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 23, 2010, 06:21:37 am »

The detailed allocation of equipment is otherwise hardcoded.
I actually was asking for these hardcoded stuff  :) The rest I've already known.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 23, 2010, 07:50:28 am »

A while back we had an interesting talk on gender roles in entitys.

Did you know there was a [NO_GENDER] tag? I mean it's not in the wiki, and I havn't seen it on any monsters in the raws, it only shows up on randomly genned monsters, like forgotten beasts. Why would toady put in a [NO_GENDER] tag, unless it allowed for them to do something that a creature without a gender tag at all couldn't do?

I have yet to try, but think we could make a genderless race?

Humdilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Go Action Bastard Anti-Enema Beam!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 23, 2010, 10:59:08 am »

Is there any way to find out the possible modifiers for custom reactions?

Also is there a way to get values other than material from a reagent to affect the product in a reaction?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 23, 2010, 11:17:12 am »

Yet I've only been modding in my antmen for the last month; I'll have to look into this further. I wonder if male:0, female:1 races work.
Last time I tried it, it worked, indeed. The entity populations do certainly seem to flourish as long as there are a female and a male caste defined, regardless of whether the proportions are realistic (or even possible).

Did you know there was a [NO_GENDER] tag?
I suspect that in the 31.x code, NO_GENDER simply exists to provide the ability to overwrite the other gender tags in USE_CASTE castes. Its use in the random creatures does seem to be the way it was used in 40d, however.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 23, 2010, 03:41:59 pm »

i have no clue how to do this so i came here. normally one must find a magma ground in order to build magma forges yes? well is there a way to bypass this so i can build them from the start. i have the hellhole mod but i still cant build magma forges. please help. i really want to try out magma forges for first time.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1543 on: December 23, 2010, 05:24:37 pm »

Just embark on a volcano. Easiest solution, man.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 23, 2010, 05:42:02 pm »

Easiest solution? Hardly.
dfliquids, part of DFHack, allows you to make magma appear out of thin air.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58809.0
No need to start a new fort for this, either, which is a major plus.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 357