Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All hail the new Fortress Mode combat reports!  (Read 1555 times)

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All hail the new Fortress Mode combat reports!
« on: April 09, 2010, 02:15:30 pm »

I've seen some amazing ones, really, such as a Crocodile Bite to the nose being blocked by a coat, or a FB closing its mandables on a Dwarven Child's head; but I especially like this one from an Elven caravan that went insane.  (Since when did Elves use Warthogs for pack animals, anyway?)

The Warthog bites the Elfs head tightly, denting the skin!
The Warthog is firmly attached!
The Elf punches the Warthog in the leg, bruising the skin!
The Warthogs shakes the Elf by the head, and the rest of the body flies off!

(Apologies if I got the colours wrong.)

Sometimes in Fortress mode, I'd get some mangled creatures and wondered what happened.  Well, now I can find out.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: All hail the new Fortress Mode combat reports!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 02:49:46 pm »

Elk Birds are brutal, I got the imagery of one ripping of a dwarfs face 
Thank you based dwarf.

atomicthumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:55:35 pm »

Now I know that my stray dog grabbed the kobold by its head and shook until it came off. And that the goblin's great axe got stuck in my axedwarf's mouth, and that the goblin twisted it in the wound. Same for another axedwarf, another goblin, and the dwarf's right eye.

:-X

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 03:09:00 pm »

Indeed, thanks to the new reports I can see just how one of my axedwarves killed one of my first forgotten beasts: It took 3 strikes, the first two were not very effective, the third decapitated it.

On another, interesting note: One of my dwarves created a finely crafted marble statue depicting an elf and himself, and the elf is shooting him, during what appears to be a worldgen battle. Apparently he participated in some of the worldgen wars, and my civ is at war with elves. This sorta proves that migrants are taken from actual populations now, instead of just spawning from thin air.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »

My only fort(short-lived) on a sinister area was quickly put to death by a Skeletal Giant eagle - that while my one military dwarf fought with 2 skeleltal goats - took please in biting, then grappling and tearing the head off my dwarves.

JackAcid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »

Indeed, thanks to the new reports I can see just how one of my axedwarves killed one of my first forgotten beasts: It took 3 strikes, the first two were not very effective, the third decapitated it.

On another, interesting note: One of my dwarves created a finely crafted marble statue depicting an elf and himself, and the elf is shooting him, during what appears to be a worldgen battle. Apparently he participated in some of the worldgen wars, and my civ is at war with elves. This sorta proves that migrants are taken from actual populations now, instead of just spawning from thin air.

This is super awesome! Does that mean dwarves that survive a seige or abandoning rejoin the 'pool' of dwarven immigrants?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 07:14:39 pm »

They are indeed awesome. The only thing that detracts from them for me is the flukes of the new materials system right now. A few hundred identical entries kind of kills the mood. :P

Some of the other flukes though, make me want to get a pen out and draw it. Quick, someone get an elephant corpse stuck in a goblin's arm.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:08:12 pm »

This is super awesome! Does that mean dwarves that survive a seige or abandoning rejoin the 'pool' of dwarven immigrants?

Pherhaps. I also frequently get migrants that, apart from having their normals skills, also have decent combat skills. This could hint they've participated in the conflict. It seems my civ has been at war with the elves for a pretty long time, a big chunk of all my engravings and statues hint a big conflict against elves.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 09:23:03 pm »

A farmer of mine had 56 pages after I sent my army at him. Said army consisted of a ragtag band of other peasants.