Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.02 Released  (Read 99644 times)

Gorm

• Bay Watcher
  • not related to Gorm of Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.02 Released
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 05:34:27 pm »

Is it save compatible?
I would think that it would be theoretically compatible. However, now that the raws are also copied into your saves, all raw updates would be ignored if you transferred a save. Besides, given that this is still a relatively unstable version, there might be unexpected issues after such a transferal. Thus, I would not recommend this.

However, I am not on the team, so this is only an outsider's estimate.
I'm not "on the team" either, but I've just copied over my save file from 31.01 to 31.02, overwriting the save's raws with the changed ones, and for now no new problems have come up. Meat and seeds are now listed in the z-kitchen menu, so I guess it adapted to the changes quite well. Still needs further testing though.

Edit: My *prepared giant cave spider intestines biscuits* say that meat cooking works well now.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 06:48:12 pm by Gorm »
As dwarves slowly lose their stats over time it's natural for them to get fatter as they age because there's no activities to train healing rate.
so dwarves that die of old age in DF dont get shriveled and weak, but huge round masses of meat and fat that explode spectacularly upon their final birthday?

meeneque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 06:28:05 pm »

Hail Toady!
Much appreciate it man. Especially now when I'm home, gounded in bed for a week!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 07:04:50 pm »

That a bronze colossus is nearly invulnerable is because the sever on break tag isn't working right due to the materiel and body rewrites.

Does this tag even exist anymore? I don't see it anywhere in the raws.

Also, with the new detail in materials and tissues, I'm not really sure it should be necessary. The game right now should be easily made to be smart enough to recognize when all the tissues in a part have been busted through in a manner that should result in a sever. It's not, but there's no real good reason for it not to be except that it hasn't been very much implemented yet.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 07:08:26 pm »

Has this release cleared up the disappearing noble positions? ... Ah, I'll know soon! Thanks for the release, Toady.

I have plans.
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 07:20:53 pm »

Has this release cleared up the disappearing noble positions?

It hasn't.  If you want to watch for that one getting fixed, hit the "Monitor" button on that problem's entry in the tracker.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 07:32:59 pm »

YOU GUYS, My DF is still getting a crash bug  :'(
it keeps saying

Quote from: FATAL ERROR
Nemesis Unit Load Failed

HOW DO I FIX THIS
note: it always happens on a specific day of the month, I can't seem to get past it.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:59 pm »

IIRC, there is a formula that determined the version #. I want to know what was added that changed us to 0.31.02, because otherwise wouldn't it be 0.31.01b?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »

IIRC, there is a formula that determined the version #. I want to know what was added that changed us to 0.31.02, because otherwise wouldn't it be 0.31.01b?
Its changed. Its now: 0
Code: [Select]
.# of cores. release #. So this is the second release of a version that has 31 cores completed.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Rattyboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rattyboy.wordpress.com
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 07:50:14 pm »

Toady, listen mate.  You really need to check yourself into a mental institution.  Not one of those sissy nancy-boy ones like the Little Lord Fontleroy School for Hemophiliacs either.  I am talking about a good 3rd world nut house.  Something with a nurse named !Xümfrücéctu.  You know the type of place.  Lots of old school restraints, not afraid to use them, and you keep your mouth shut while there.

Really, I think it would help you out.

Brilliant work with this release.  Keep trudging through the bugs.  Wonderful, wonderful work. 

You can try these hospitals if you dont want to go overseas for real treatment:
http://www.theagapecenter.com/Hospitals/Psychiatric.htm

(You are crazy.  Certifiably so, but we still love you.)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2010, 07:54:53 pm »

Toady, if I wasnt too lazy I would make a statuette of you. If only...
Hello Hunam

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2010, 08:18:57 pm »

Toady, listen mate.  You really need to check yourself into a mental institution.  Not one of those sissy nancy-boy ones like the Little Lord Fontleroy School for Hemophiliacs either.  I am talking about a good 3rd world nut house.  Something with a nurse named !Xümfrücéctu.  You know the type of place.  Lots of old school restraints, not afraid to use them, and you keep your mouth shut while there.

Haha.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2010, 08:48:19 pm »

YOU GUYS, My DF is still getting a crash bug  :'(
it keeps saying

Quote from: FATAL ERROR
Nemesis Unit Load Failed

HOW DO I FIX THIS
note: it always happens on a specific day of the month, I can't seem to get past it.

Oh damn, you might be the first person to get the Nemesis Unit Load Error in this version.  It's been around forever.  As that thread describes, your only hope of getting past it is "repairing" the corrupted save with files from an autobackup.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2010, 09:01:38 pm »

Oh damn, you might be the first person to get the Nemesis Unit Load Error in this version. 
YAY, I'm significant.

your only hope of getting past it is "repairing" the corrupted save with files from an autobackup.
I did that.. it's working now (as far as I can tell), and I got more migrants this time than I had the in the last save file.  :D

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2010, 09:02:33 pm »

Oh wow, I'm surprised it actually worked.  Awesome!

Dai-rasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »

I just noticed my butcher attempting to butcher a part of a Titan in his shop.

The titan in question was a giant sea turtle, which got chopped up by my axe squads.
The part in question is the left antenna.

Is this expected behaviour?

On a side note, that antenna is large enough to give the butcher shop a red 'CLT' tag.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11