Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Synthesis Alpha  (Read 1705 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Synthesis Alpha
« on: April 07, 2010, 12:45:25 pm »

printing file Synthesis_rules.txt, :

# Import Concepts, Possibilities, Game, Defaults;

For each player, For each 3 hours:
    If integer player.actions less than or equal to 4, increment player.actions

If player.actions equal or exceed 4, player can do 1 of Actions, then player.action decrement

If entity if member of bay12 forums, then entity is member of player%s

The Set contains information, and once something is in The Set, it can never be removed or changed, all changes results in both the new and old version being in the set.

Actions:
    - player produces image, name; object is added to The Set. Name must describe object on image, name must be unique, image must be photo of physical object possessed by player, object must be reasonably mundane, object must be reasonably small.
     examples: brick, gun, cat, laptop, spoon.
    - player produces name, definition of transform, which is added to The Set. A transform must take a number of Concepts as parameters, which must be either infinity or an integer larger than 0.
     examples: add, XOR, to the power of, Interpret-as-volume, print, stir fry, bevel edges.
    - player indicates a transform from The Set, and Concepts for it's parameters. The output is added to The Set. This is the main means of producing awesome stuff!
    - Run an executable Concept. This can be either a place/universe, in which case time is started and events unfold, or it could be a program/expression, in which case the output is revealed/added to The Set There is also the possibility of other executable Concepts.
    - Broadcast a string over a channel, entities in running universes or other things may receive the information, and possibly act on it, depending on the agent.

The Set:
 - Addition, "+", takes any amount of concepts and returns a Concept that is the sum of them, for example rifle+sword=rifle with the sword as a bayonet. [concept][transform][mathematical function]
 - Subtraction, "-", takes two arguments and returns the difference between them, for example a glass of water-an empty glass is water material.[concept][transform][mathematical function]
 - multiplication, "*", takes any amount of concepts and returns a Concept that is the product of them, for example rifle*sword=rifle that shots swords. [concept][transform][mathematical function]
 - And, "&", takes any amount of concepts and returns that which ALL the input concepts have in common. [concept][transform][boolean operator]
 - Or, "|", takes any amount of concepts and returns something that has all properties that any of the inputs had. [concept][transform][boolean operator]
 - VoidSpace; An infinite featureless void, it has space and time, but no matter. The base for executable universe. [concept][place][executable]
 - Essence of Metareviver; The essence of being able to receive player broadcast strings, it needs to be combined with something that can represent communication (a living creature, a computer, a radio, etc.) which is put in a universe which is run to do this. [concept][essence]
 - All finite integers, this is actually infinitely many concepts merely represented as a singe list item here. [multiple concepts][number]
 - All possible ASCII strings, this is actually infinitely many concepts merely represented as a singe list item here, any finite string you an type on your keyboard is part of The Set, just put it in "". [multiple concepts][text]

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:40:49 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Synthesis Alpha
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:04:07 pm »

Gun kills cat, cat sits on laptop, laptop zaps spoon, spoon plugs up gun.

Right?

But what happens if one chooses gun and the other chooses laptop?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:36:04 pm »

((PLEASE only post serious actions, OK?))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 01:47:33 pm »

I'll play if you put everything into common English.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 05:04:50 pm »

So, its like a text based adventure/RPG?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:20:14 pm »

((No! GAH! Read the OP, CAREFULLY! And if you dont understand or want to join, then DON'T POST. >:( ))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:50:32 pm »

- And, "&&", takes any amount of concepts and returns that which ALL the input concepts have in common. [concept][transform][boolean operator]
 - Or, "||", takes any amount of concepts and returns something that has all properties that any of the inputs had. [concept][transform][boolean operator]

&& and || are the logical versions, that evaluate to true or false besed on the states of all included objects. Ususally, only evaluating them until a definitive result is known(|| until first true, && until first false)

& and | are the binary versions that combine the objects themselves.

Might also want to include ! and ~, ! is the logical not, and ~ the binary not?
^ for xor, % for mod.... What about type casting? Cast iron (to) cat?
Eh?
Eh!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 06:10:08 pm »

((No! GAH! Read the OP, CAREFULLY! And if you dont understand or want to join, then DON'T POST. >:( ))

((Chill would you, I was just asking as I was curious. Anyways, I kind of get the pseudocode comment in the OP, but yea, in general I don't get the directions and stuff.))

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:18:32 pm »

(
I really don't think that this will work.
Also, I wrote an interactive fiction in response to this whole general thing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In general, I feel that this game won't go anywhere, since you gave us a bunch of tools, with no example or clarification, and no goal to work towards.

Until someone takes a step and suggests something, this will remain stalled. The format discourages experimental suggestions, especially since few people have an easily accessable camera and want to use it to contribute. I predict googled images and a week at most before it dies in a neglected jumble of obscurity.
)
Eh?
Eh!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:20:12 pm »

Man harsh, the other thread seemed funner.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 07:35:12 pm »

ok guys it make perfect sense to me but i use dialup so no go for me :( gotta have pics
Back to Mafia with me!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:15 pm »

I think i get it... watching...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 05:23:30 am »

Great, the only proper post so far is one pointing out flaw...
 - And, "&&", takes any amount of concepts and returns that which ALL the input concepts have in common. [concept][transform][boolean operator]
 - Or, "||", takes any amount of concepts and returns something that has all properties that any of the inputs had. [concept][transform][boolean operator]

&& and || are the logical versions, that evaluate to true or false besed on the states of all included objects. Ususally, only evaluating them until a definitive result is known(|| until first true, && until first false)

& and | are the binary versions that combine the objects themselves.
*facepalm* I'll edit the OP.
Quote from: qwertyuiopas link=topic=53379.msg1145395#msg1145395  date=1270680632
Might also want to include ! and ~, ! is the logical not, and ~ the binary not?
^ for xor, % for mod.... What about type casting? Cast iron (to) cat?
The ones I provided were just a few examples to get started. You can suggest new ones as an action! You curenltly have 4 actions to use, as does everyone else.

Also, even with no physical objects submited yet, you can work with integers, strings, and the other concepts in The Set.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:41 am »

I'll kick off:

Introducing to The Set:
1. Property: an aspect of an object. Has description and value. [concept][text][text|number]
2. Property - Material type. Material of the object, if homogenous or prevalent. ((An iPod has no prevalent material type and therefore has no material type)) [property][material type][text]

3. Name: Obsidian rock
Image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Properties:
  Material Type - Obsidian

4. Transform-function: Make Of.
   Usage: Object #1 make of Object #2.
Transfers material type of Object #2 to Object #1. Both objects need to have a defined Material Type property. [concept][transform]

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 08:30:15 am »

Error. "Introduce property" is not yet a valid player action. Error, There is already a property named material.

New concepts(s) added to The set:
 - Make-of-Material: <(Mat)-, takes two input concepts, the first must be a physical object of a volume defenition, the second must have atleast one matterial property or be a material essence. Outputs an objet with the shape and intent as input 1, but made form the same materail(s) as input 2.

((Yay! Finally a real game post! :D ))
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: [1] 2