Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: minor cave-in has a gigantic cloud  (Read 1219 times)

abatishko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
minor cave-in has a gigantic cloud
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:23:59 am »

I was using channeling to remove the outside ground layer one level up from the entrance to my fort. I made the mistake (I think) of channeling a square that contained a boulder. This caused a cave-in (if that wasn't it, then at worst, a single square was cut off and collapsed).

This single square/boulder cave-in caused a dust cloud that was 6 levels tall, and probably about that in radius at the ground level.

From what I understand, anyone in the cloud has a chance of taking damage (and indeed, the miner was caught and badly wounded).

If this is the way things work, then the size of the cloud should probably be a little dependent on the amount of material involved in the cave-in. After all, a radius of 6 seems excessive for such a small collapse.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: minor cave-in has a gigantic cloud
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:33:59 am »

Yeah.
I just had a one-tile cavein in the middle of my dining room. The dust cloud filled whole 11x11 room. From 7 dwarves who were there, 2 got bad injuries, multiple red wounds, and one of them bled to death shortly afterward. Seems to be a little overpowered effect of one falling stone floor.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:22 am »

I don't remember dust flying so far before. Sure this isn't one for the bug report forum?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 10:56:03 am »

I don't remember dust flying so far before. Sure this isn't one for the bug report forum?
It's always been like this. Go on, go and drop a 1-tile floor. Watch it horrendously explode.

I really think it should be toned down a little, at least.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

atomicthumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:50:10 pm »

I really think it should be toned down a little, at least.

Or used in bedrooms.