Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229496 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

So, I have a fort with 3.26, and I noticed two strange things: after years of sieges and ambushes, I had a decade of absolutely no surface enemies! After a death squad of scavangers managed to sneak in through my demon-squishing drawbridge trap tunnels and killed a dozen civilians, the population fell below 80. I checked the settings, invaders aren't turned off- I get FBs all right. With a food industry in serious overdrive, created wealth isn't a problem either... and I have some invading subterrean people (I tinkered with the cavern animalmen raws) on the map too. So, any idea when they'll come back, if ever?

Second question, I run a halberd-equipped military, and some of my Shield and Steel clan dwarf professional soldiers use them as Multigrasp... but my 50-odd civilians also took those when given Individual Choice- Melee (meteoric halberds are insanely expensive) and they have them single-handed, with a shield equipped in the other hand... how is that?

Also, question to veteran Genesis players: have you ever seen any ratmen or dark dwarves showing up?
I don't know if I've seen any ratmen but I've seen plenty of dark dwarves, they live in the caverns like animal people tribes.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I know is it's a titan. I can't remember much else because I have lost the file. It's somewhere in the deep of hidden files.

Well, killing half of the world population isn't that much of a challenge when you're a towering blob of steel with brain-rotting vapors. Especially that neither caveins nor candy weapons are used in legends mode combat.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play

Before I set myself up for pain an misery while mass dumping, which ones of the new critters are unable to be pitted? (Like snatchers and trolls in vanilla, where they get loose and rampage around?). Is there a place I can find that info so I don't need to continually pester you fine people?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

After seeing lots of mass murder in other people's raws, I wanted to search for my own mass murderers. Look what I found.

I view those super-individuals as a bug, humanoids being more damage-resistant than dragons because of too-thick fat and muscle layers.

Hey Deon: I just DL'd that latest Genesis, and I see my mineral additions are in there. Nice. Migmatite, lime hornfels, Pumice, Scoria, Rapagranite, fossil siltstone etc...
maybe could mention the list of new minerals on the front page?
"fluorspar, biotite, migmatite, hornfels, greenstone, elvan, zeolite, syenite, scoria, pumice, augite, azurite, corundum, sphene, barite, pegmatite. Pink Marble, Pure Marble, Black Marble."

Did the three "better marbles" make it in? Yup,
[INORGANIC:MARBLE_ELITE]  --by TomiTapio. "The Yule Marble deposit is among the largest in the world and, at 99.5% pure calcite, it is one of the purest marbles ever quarried."
No longer are "halls of marble" good enough for dwarven kings! Need finer marbles, and the blackest Biotites, and the swirliest migmatites!
(See http://www.graniteland.com/stone/type/migmatite to view pretty migmatites for sale)

Edit2: Currently playing: MW3 campaign, Arkham City, YourShape 2012. Residing in the Twittersphere.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:42:13 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep, all of your geology changes were great, so I took them for granted. Also I plan to add lodestone to hematite as a rare gem (dwarves should like little magnets as decorations) and I've changed tetrahedrite to have some iron and added freibergite as you suggested (with silver). It will be in the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jaredus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is the metal info in the wiki still up to date, or have things been shuffled around a bit since then? Trying to figure out how to equip my dwarves right now.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any updates you still have planned or is this a fairly final release? i hate creating a game and getting into it then watching as you release another update with something awesome.

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering there is a whole new release of DF coming soon, I wouldn't get toooo attached to a new world atm :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Is there any updates you still have planned or is this a fairly final release? i hate creating a game and getting into it then watching as you release another update with something awesome.
Would you like more if there was no release at all? :P

I will stop for now because the new release is around the corner. I will make a short release soon, but that's it.

Is the metal info in the wiki still up to date, or have things been shuffled around a bit since then? Trying to figure out how to equip my dwarves right now.
Yep, the relative properties of metals are the same.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd actually rather big infrequent updates so i dont need to constantly recreate my fortress but i usually just wait for a pause or pick an update to pause at which i'm going to do soon hence asking when the next update is going to be hehe.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd actually rather big infrequent updates so i dont need to constantly recreate my fortress but i usually just wait for a pause or pick an update to pause at which i'm going to do soon hence asking when the next update is going to be hehe.

you know your lying to yourself, you'll abandon and download the latest version the instant it comes out, everyone does it, its ok.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile

no they dont, i havent downloaded genesis for over a year :o or 5 months.

great mod, very fun to play and i love adding other mods to it that make the world a sluaghter house....hehehe
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

keep up the good work, since this makes DF !!FUN!! :D

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Aiki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great Mod. I am really enjoying the Adventure mode. I'll try the Fortress soon just need to do some more killin with my dwarf :)
"A dwarf loves his beard more than his near."

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a minor suggestion:  Since this mod seems to add lots of stuff buildable from many different materials.. how about bone spears?  I have archers using "!Tough Balor bone bolts!" but spears would be so much more fun...

I just want to kill new enemies with the remains of old enemies!  ^ ^

Also, modloader options to turn on/off Truetype and disable warm stone pause spam would be nice
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:51:07 pm by nukularpower »

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mother of god no damp/warm stone spam would be fucking godly.

I'm revisting my bottom of the lake fortress and i was wondering--if i opened an aquifer would it fill up the entire pit i would dig around my inner fortress or would i need pumps to raise the water level?

Surface =
Water ~
Aquifer *
               ____
=~~~~~~l     l ~~~~~~=
 l            l        l             l
 l         __l        l__         l
 l        l                l         l*
 l_____l                l____ _l
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 642