Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231081 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

EDIT: Deon! It worked, I made a pine crutch, walked a bit, then I dropped it and my speed went from 750 to 1689 almost instantly.
Yeah, careful with crutches in adv. mode :). I hope it's fixed in the next release.

2) Right now it's crazy so you can have like 10 shields out, but I don't like to abuse it so I rarely use it for my advantage.

3) Are you sure it wasn't YOU stopping (because of jackals)? Did you get a "you feel uneasy" message?

4) Hunger and thirst are currently disabled in adv. mode, but they should be back eventually. Right now you can use butchered components for crafting and "roleplaying".

5) I should check it however quivers should have more space than for just 15 arrows. An easy way to work around space limit: have the quiver on you (and no other containers) and pick something up with your hands busy. It's a bit related to the (2) bug, namely amount of items handling.

6) As I said since the hunger is not in yet, I didn't work on adv. mode cooking, although it would be fun to do. Also yes, you can sell them, but raw reagents are barely interesting for traders. You can make crafts from bones/leather though.

7) The reaction-made gauntlents cannot be left/right, it's a game bug which we cannot fix yet, so you can craft any usable clothing but gauntlets/gloves (which is a shame).

As Putnam said, you are only interested in the quality of the products, and it's usually a price and a raw bludgeoning/cutting damage increase.

The problem with a stack of bones turning into one object is another vanilla problem. Stacks of bones etc. are considered a one item and there's no way to split or combine them for now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

so deon any close to finishing that bogeyman rewrite?
because I'm close to finish with working on that item ability.
though now I think I can set up bogeys to survive the sun by having the ones that spawn turn into similar creature that doesn't have the bogie tags.

so the level of fun gets bump up to 5 when you have an adventurer rush into a house only to find out the creatures haven't despawn.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are Blood Spiders any good for silk farming like vanilla GCSs are? Mine somehow doesn't spit webs on the goblin...

Also, what about the web-spitting ability of Gloomers?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are Blood Spiders any good for silk farming like vanilla GCSs are? Mine somehow doesn't spit webs on the goblin...
Edit: damn, looked it up in the raws and creature description... wrong spider :(

Also, what about the web-spitting ability of Gloomers?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SWEET good news genesis fans I got items to be track in Dfusion now.
so all there left is Deon adding Dfhack to his mod and me personally figuring out how to track items by name...
though race changing and effects based on Race can still happen.
than and loads of other non race stuff can work too like if any one dies(with a item out) they turn into a ghost.

I'm so giddy about this discovery that really wish for that new night creature update Deon has in store so I can attach crazy stuff you can do with them.

Once you have a night maiden harem you never go back to puny companions.

Also you never seen hilarity until you had to deal with zombie bogeymen in the day time.
"body swapping and YOU!"

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem with a stack of bones turning into one object is another vanilla problem. Stacks of bones etc. are considered a one item and there's no way to split or combine them for now.

Can't you split stacks by throwing them?  Just at your feet is fine.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No, you throw the whole stack.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a thriving fortress of 93 dorfs, in it's teen years, and I've arrived to the point where I have almost everything up and running, and just have to subtly improve what I have. Current project is, cloth part of uniforms... only that even in vanilla it's not quite clear to me which of leather/silk/yarn/plant fiber is the best, and Genesis made the leather question more complicated with both tough and IIRC inferior (small animal, weaker hide, or was that elsewhere? Can't find it in the raws...) leather types added.

So, my question is: which of the following makes best hoods, hooded capes, mittens and trousers?
-pig tail fiber
-mastiff/dire wolf leather
-blood spider treated chitin
-forest spider silk
-dire bear leather (gotta keep an Elven caravan alive till they bring me a male... or will they bring it as war beasts when they run out of patience and declare war, so those can impregnate my bears?)

Any help is appreciated.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The cloth is pretty much the same, the leather is better (although the cloth is a bit better than the weak leather), and you can judge the leather strength by its name (suave->leaher->hide etc.).

I've been a bit busy tonight with my werewolf-spellsword-orc in Skyrim, so I will work on the sprites this evening.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile

Skyrim is evil, its taking up deon's Freetime. everyone get it!! grab your torch and pitch fork !!

just one more corner.. one more horizon.. one more quest.... damn you skyrim....

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's also extremely laggy on the lowest settings on my new PC, so it takes a while to play a quest or two.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

I wan't skyrim, NOW!
Deon what are your computer specs?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cloth is pretty much the same, the leather is better (although the cloth is a bit better than the weak leather), and you can judge the leather strength by its name (suave->leaher->hide etc.).

I've been a bit busy tonight with my werewolf-spellsword-orc in DF, so I will work on the sprites this evening.
darn oh well hopefully once I unpack the new DFhack into genesis I can start back up on building magical Trait system for this game
though I wonder what do you want Dwarves to be able to do?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Engraved is an exceptional Inod 'Jade' Idithushrir Kenglimur Lotol rendition of a image of a boat-murdering horror. The image is the symbol of The Sword of Celebrations, a local dwarven government."

Is that purely coincidential, or the art files are tweaked? I play Mecha's version, mostly.

EDIT: Request/suggestion: is there any way to enable toggle-able economic status for leather, wood, bone, and the various other materials such as silk? If, as I sadly suspect, there is no way to do that, could someone provide some help with reactions with more specific material requirements than vanilla Genesis please...

I'm asking because it gets really annoying when I command Urist to decorate with bone, in a room full of bone and statues, and he runs off to fetch the nearest soft goblinite (xLarge Silk Hooded Cloakx) and decorates that instead, simultanously making it unsuitable for Unraveling. Jeweler style reactions, such as Encrust (specific item class, though more specific -Encrust Statue with war Mastiff bone- would be even better) with specific decoration material would be the best. Also, tough leather and tough bone really should get their own separate reactions if there is any way to do that, there's quite a difference between cave tortoise bone bolts and dragon raptor bone bolts.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:18:22 am by Tirion »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I wan't skyrim, NOW!
Deon what are your computer specs?
Single core AthlonXP, 2 Gb Ram, Geforce 9800 GT. My PC struggles to run it on low specs. Also I did not like how they removed the stats and replaced them with stamina/strength/mana, but I like perks and combat system (although I can only play melee characters effectively due to the said lag).

Today at work I've finished drawing all new mundane critters, so it's only night guys and mythical creatures left.

Is that purely coincidential, or the art files are tweaked? I play Mecha's version, mostly.

The answer is
Code: [Select]
[SHAPE:OHNOESHORROR]
[NAME:horror:horrors]
[ADJ:tusked]
[ADJ:boat-murdering]
[TILE:69]

Yeah, we have a lot of changed art descriptions :).

vanilla Genesis
Ha... Haha....Hahahahaha! Good joke!

To answer your question about "economic stuff", you can do it with stones only (yet), but you can safely decorate with expensive stuff if you use burrows.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 642