Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1232393 times)

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Naw, I don't need the plant biomes or creature speeds.  :D There are a few pages that are still empty however. "cavern races", "expanded bestiary" and "new items" are empty pages. There was also at least one page (I don't remember which one right now) that was based on a few forum quotes rather than concrete information, and was pretty vague. Overall, the wiki seems unfinished in parts and is sometimes confusing. BUT! Thanks for taking the effort with the wiki. An unfinished one is much better than none.  :)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is the manual file in the Genesis folder that is a bit more up to date if that's any help.

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the thing, I can't open the included manual  ::) Keep getting error messages.

Do I need a manager to make military dwarves (rather than random dwarves) train with the training dummy?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Do I need a manager to make military dwarves (rather than random dwarves) train with the training dummy?

Yes, managers help in making which dwarf use which workshop. The dummy is technically a workshop  :)

Thanks a lot for the info Tomi!

Question: I've heard of dark dwarves, even got them once but somehow they appear in very small groups (1?) and are pretty underpowered when I get to breaching the caverns (Black Bronze?). Is there anyway to edit it so that there will be more of them (with better armor/weapons [iron+]) and that they will not leave the map in any way?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:13:53 am by Tiruin »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Question: I've heard of dark dwarves, even got them once but somehow they appear in very small groups (1?) and are pretty underpowered when I get to breaching the caverns (Black Bronze?). Is there anyway to edit it so that there will be more of them (with better armor/weapons [iron+]) and that they will not leave the map in any way?
Well, certainly can increase their clusternumbers, skills, and speed, but probably not their equipment. But as a group of 15 they might donate too much gear.
Can't stop them from leaving the map, but Don't recall any times that cavern humanoid camps (who have food laying around) have fled.

Many times I like to dig four early exploration tunnels down from the surface to -30ish, see what resources we have available. Then build floor or wall on the surface to cap off the un-used stairwell.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

QUACK, DAMN YOU.
MYTHBUSTER REFERANCE FOR THE WIN!!!
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a problem with mineral generation in worlds. I've genned a few large regions with scarcity set to 750.

When I look for an embark I find quite a few places that don't have any metals at all - only soil, and sometimes not even that. And when I do find an embark that promises shallow and deep metals, I only find an iron ore, tetrahedrite and thousands of units of blue crystal and rock crystal, which aparrently form magnetite clusters. This has been repeated across four embarks. Is this supposed to happen?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

metals - ore. Ore that can be made into bars, it doesn't mean metal as in weapons/armor forgeable metal. And there is a bug (?) or typo in the Blue_Crystal thing that set it to CLUSTER not CLUSTER_SMALL. Thats why you have giant clusters of blue crystal.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

metals - ore. Ore that can be made into bars, it doesn't mean metal as in weapons/armor forgeable metal. And there is a bug (?) or typo in the Blue_Crystal thing that set it to CLUSTER not CLUSTER_SMALL. Thats why you have giant clusters of blue crystal.

I know what it means when it says metal. But the only metal I find is tetrahedrite and iron ores. No gold, platinum, zinc, nickel etc.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

I know what it means when it says metal. But the only metal I find is tetrahedrite and iron ores. No gold, platinum, zinc, nickel etc.

Yeah, the minerals placement seems off at times. I have tried to balance the frequencies, but maybe the frequencies are too low then and the DF worldgen expects every mineral to be max freq. I run my tests at medium region 650-scarcity. Ores seem to appear in three z-levels at once, so soil -> chance of 3 levels of something -> chance of 3 levels of something etc.

For example, I've got gold at [ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_ALL:VEIN:16]
and aluminum(for mithril) at [ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:CLUSTER_SMALL:100] [ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:VEIN:10]
and cobaltite [ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_ALL:VEIN:13] [ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:VEIN:13]
The idea is to have the good stuff rare, so you can be happy if you find it. "Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold."

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:10:47 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's not a bug, I wanted to have more crystal glass... But it could be a bad design decision :P.

Found errors in the errorlog, can anyone tell me how I get fix these slight errors. Here are some examples (errors are similiar and linked to same problem) WOLF_ICE:FEMALE:crotch: No tissue thickness
WOLF_ICE:FEMALE:womb: No tissue thickness
WOLF_ICE:FEMALE:right ovary: No tissue thickness
HIPPO:Unrecognized Creature Token: MULTIPLY_VALUE
I'm using deons genesis 3.25d Ironhand with Ironhand installed beforehand.

That's weird. At first, you shouldn't install ironhand beforehand. And I will check it, but I had no errors. It could be because you installed it wrong.

Quote from: TomiTapio
Since Adamantine is pretty much a guaranteed find on a map that has a clown layer, I would drop Adamantine value to 100 and have mithril(enchanted aluminum) at 70. Deon?
And I'd make "silver thread" clothing for armor. Saw silver thread as a textile component on tv one day.
Noted :). Good ideas.

I've recently thought of an idea about tweaking the Altar of War: Instead of sacrificing weapons, why not sacrifice skulls? This both prevents dwarves from wasting the weapons you get out of the altar by sacrificing them right back into it, and prevents bone crossbow spamming the altar for the better weapons. The amount of reactions you'd be able to perform will be closely tied to how much death occurs in your fort, which I personally think fits pretty thematically as well. If I were a god a war I'd probably be more pleased with 50 kitten skulls than 50 kitten bone crossbows anyway. :p The yields chances of the reaction would probably need to be tweaked a bit though. What do you think?
Yeaaah. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE. I seriously modded in altars just for fun and didn't bother with them at all since then... Mostly because I didin't come up with an idea how to use them better. Skulls sound great.

Toady needs to hurry up on the new release, all the mod threads are dying...

Why should he,so what if mod threads are dying it means they have reached their potential for the current version

And Good work cant be rushed ;)
In my case it's mostly me trying to please my wife's needs and look like a grown up man. So lots of work, sex and lack of sleep. Dayuuummm. And almost no time to play games :(.

It's mostly because I became concerned about my wife spending a lot of time in chats/social networks and communicating with other male species while ignoring me (because I was ignoring her with my gaming/modding habits). So I guess I have to do it, otherwise it can be a bad end of the family :P.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:30:21 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could hold on the modding for a while then, family first before anything  :D

We don't want that to control your life and then ruin it...That would be worse than...well, it would be really bad.

~~~

Anyway back on topic, I found a tiny bug (?) in dust breathing deep beasts. They go off and also give freezing vapors AND boiling mist too so more fun for your unlucky dwarves / adventurers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Example above. The frozen extract is actually a dust cloud, it boosted itself straight on me while I was running away.

Ended well for a talented swordsman though.  :D

Also, I noticed that Sylvan elves die out easily to werewolves, do not edit that. Not that I hate elves, its just a great fact in Genesis on mortality (although it might be due to the low population in the entity_raws)

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you possibly give Dagger Dwarfs a graphic?

Like the one already available:

Because I made a squad of dagger dwarfs to act as kinda assassins but they use their second highest skill as their graphic instead and it looks kinda lame.

Alhash

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFFORTRESS_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile

Since there are werewolves, perhaps you should add aconite? Get dwarves harvest them, and maybe make a sort of draught that you put on your weapons/throw? And using it will drastically increase the damage dealt to the werewolves.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Guess I should do some modding this weekend. Trying Age of Conan f2p MMO today, seems much duller than DDO STO DCUO. On Thursday I introduced my friends to The Beatles: Rockband Xbox singing.
Should implement four classes of leather: cat,elf,dwarf,human,turkey suede (20% the numbers of vanilla leather, thin leather makes clothes), vanilla leather (pig, cow, bear, what we use IRL), my toughleather/hide 200% (troll, lesser giant, were, supernatural), scalehide? (better than iron) need better name
Also I'll put weres and flayers back into that subrelease.

Edit: ok started the task, put w & f in, gave longbows to sylvans, boosted dark dwarves. So much stuff to do, later.

You could hold on the modding for a while then, family first before anything  :D
Anyway back on topic, I found a tiny bug (?) in dust breathing deep beasts. They go off and also give freezing vapors AND boiling mist too so more fun for your unlucky dwarves / adventurers.
My wife too is totally addicted to LiveMessenger and irc chat... luckily she isn't MMO-addicted this year.

That demon is not in the raws, it is procedurally generated. Only Toady can fix such oddities, if He ever finds the time.

Since there are werewolves, perhaps you should add aconite? Get dwarves harvest them, and maybe make a sort of draught that you put on your weapons/throw? And using it will drastically increase the damage dealt to the werewolves.
Never heard of Aconite. And no, weapons cannot be coated in poison, or it would be done in the major mods already.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:29:04 am by TomiTapio »
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 642