Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230194 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.25c ϟ] - animal sounds plus a fix
« Reply #6555 on: April 17, 2011, 08:29:40 am »

i wish there was internal bleeding, thats how blunt force kills irl , ruptured organs and such.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: April 17, 2011, 08:34:55 am »

Quick question - can you play as dusk elves if you modify the files? Will it actually work? I remember playing as elves in an older version of df but haven't tried it in 2010.
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6557 on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:11 am »

Quick question - can you play as dusk elves if you modify the files? Will it actually work? I remember playing as elves in an older version of df but haven't tried it in 2010.
Yes, you can. It's mostly a question of what buildings and reactions and noble positions are allowed to them. Just copy most of those from dwarf to duskie then.
Put CIV_CONTROLLABLE to only one entity (you get random civ if have multiple).
The most popular seems to be "kobold camp" civ.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:43:03 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: April 17, 2011, 10:07:38 am »

One problem with blunt is that the AI doesn't stop bashing an incapacitated enemy, wasting precious combat time on "beating a dead horse". Should move to next target once Pain-Fainted or Two Broken Limbs on target.

I had a gigantic giant moose cow. 130 pages of report, crossbow and shield bashing... And at last halberd to the brain. (Right! I'll set crossbow bashing up a little.)

Also, there should be internal blood loss from bruises and fractures and bone-shards-in-veins.

Yes I've toned down the DAMN SPHALERITE and galena so can get better metals appearing.

Bah viper spear bash: [ATTACK:BLUNT:3000:6000:bash:bashes:shaft:1850]
normal spear: [ATTACK:BLUNT:400:160:bash:bashes:shaft:1250]
Oops, it's an old setting for the viper spear, I forgot to change it to a small area.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: April 17, 2011, 10:56:27 am »

Caught up on thread.
Was at work for 19 hours two days in a row (Actually paid for 14 hours, but too inefficient to go home for those four extra hours).  Spent a lot of time attempting to build fortresses and trap designs in my head.  Imagined customers as sieging illithids.

Going to sleep now.  Will see if I can actually build something tomorrow.

Gokajern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: April 17, 2011, 12:49:51 pm »

K, I'm new to this mod. I tried to build a magma blast furnace but I don't understand where do I need to have the magma squares below it. I've had to build and deconstruct 3 times now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: April 17, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »

Any square should work. Make sure not to channel the work position (near the furnace burner).

OOOOO
OOOOO
XOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

The "X" should be built on a solid floor and you should give dwarves access to it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vehine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: April 17, 2011, 09:37:26 pm »

Checking in to see if anyone else is having similar experiences in their forts.

1. Savage biomes, be they Untamed Wilderness or Sinister, aren't dangerous at all. 80% of the time the animals on my map are Geese, Ganders and Drakes (the bird, unfortunately, not the dragon). If I'm lucky I'll get a Gargoyle, or a Harpy or - even better! - a Beak Dog, which is considerably more lethal.

2. Very few creatures in Caverns. I keep an open path down into my caves for the sole purpose of generating activity for my hospital, and it stills rots away nearly unused.

3. Ocean (Sinister, for what it's worth) embarks don't spawn any animals in the water. Even just a whale to sightsee, or a sea monster to shoot arrows at, would make my day, but I get nothing. :<

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #6563 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

1. Savage biomes, be they Untamed Wilderness or Sinister, aren't dangerous at all. 80% of the time the animals on my map are Geese, Ganders and Drakes (the bird, unfortunately, not the dragon). If I'm lucky I'll get a Gargoyle, or a Harpy or - even better! - a Beak Dog, which is considerably more lethal.
2. Very few creatures in Caverns. I keep an open path down into my caves for the sole purpose of generating activity for my hospital, and it stills rots away nearly unused.
3. Ocean (Sinister, for what it's worth) embarks don't spawn any animals in the water. Even just a whale to sightsee, or a sea monster to shoot arrows at, would make my day, but I get nothing. :<

1. thanks for telling! Goose has [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_LAKE] [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_MARSH] and Silly default frequency of 50! (very common) I'll fix to freq 16. Duck was also default 50, fixed.
This is the kind of tuning Toady has no time for.

2. my caverns have totally enough large rats, troglodytes, ghouls, leapers, cave crocs, and the occasional elk bird, gorlak and g-swallow and bugbats. I think savage and evil biome also might restrict what appears in the caves, not sure. Maybe I should make more of the cave creatures "homing" with buildingdestroyer, curiousbeast (what's this barrel have?), rage. Yep largerats already have curious.
(giant ants up from 9 to 18 freq, tuned giant sandworm "[TRAPAVOID] -- it "tunnels" past traps, and is huge 10 tons too big for cages.",
dammit cave croc freq50default, let's up drunian freq, and elk birds were def50...)

3. Probably a vanilla bug, I don't recall sea creatures either. Anyone fancy doing ten oceanside test embarks?

Edit: A one-session fort... fell in combat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:28:23 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: April 18, 2011, 12:39:48 am »

Aren't Sinister biomes Calm + Evil?  If so, that's why theres no sea life.  When it comes, which will be rarely, expect it to be undead.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: April 18, 2011, 01:33:48 am »

I usually embark in high-savage areas, but yeah, most of the time I get herds of Reindeer or Cavy sows+boars.  Sometimes I get dragon raptors or something, which devastate my fortress.  But usually pretty harmless.

I tend to avoid evil biomes, because I'm not sure I'm up for THAT much Fun.  Joyous wilds are fun, though.

"Your entire fortress has been slain by unicorns."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: April 18, 2011, 01:35:52 am »

1. thanks for telling! Goose has [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_LAKE] [BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_MARSH] and Silly default frequency of 50! (very common) I'll fix to freq 16. Duck was also default 50, fixed.
This is the kind of tuning Toady has no time for.

2. my caverns have totally enough large rats, troglodytes, ghouls, leapers, cave crocs, and the occasional elk bird, gorlak and g-swallow and bugbats. I think savage and evil biome also might restrict what appears in the caves, not sure. Maybe I should make more of the cave creatures "homing" with buildingdestroyer, curiousbeast (what's this barrel have?), rage. Yep largerats already have curious.
(giant ants up from 9 to 18 freq, tuned giant sandworm "[TRAPAVOID] -- it "tunnels" past traps, and is huge 10 tons too big for cages.",
dammit cave croc freq50default, let's up drunian freq, and elk birds were def50...)

3. Probably a vanilla bug, I don't recall sea creatures either. Anyone fancy doing ten oceanside test embarks?

Edit: A one-session fort... fell in combat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"More building destroyers" is a VERY bad idea. They eat FPS like butter.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vehine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: April 18, 2011, 02:10:58 am »

Aren't Sinister biomes Calm + Evil?  If so, that's why theres no sea life.  When it comes, which will be rarely, expect it to be undead.

Ahah, you're right. So I guess I can't have an embark that's evil monsters sans undead. I'm sad. :(

While testing out this sea-life thing, I fell in love with my first embark. Because every winter, the ocean freezes over entirely. It's beautiful and I might tunnel out and underwater city. But, no sea life. Occasionally packs of badgermen crossing the ice in winter (migrating?), sometimes pigeons or dragon raptors, but no sea life. Probably because the oceans are freezing. I'm fairly sure this isn't a glacial/freezing embark, too.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: April 18, 2011, 02:19:50 am »

Haven't read through the rest of the thread yet (and am too tired to do so or reply until tomorrow, probably), but I embarked on an oceanside site and have thusfar gotten whales and sea monsters (the latter of which crawl across land, picking fights with my woodcutters and their pet raptors, getting hurt and 'running' away).

But then, I'm still playing... .24b? Goldplated, cha'know. ;D

For what it's worth, that embark is also Terrifying, aka Savage+Evil. I haven't been getting anything exciting, either. :'(
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: April 18, 2011, 05:22:49 am »

Dwarf Fortress - It will warp your mind until your definition of exciting means unspeakable abominations on your map upon embark, ready to horrible maul your hapless dwarves before your computer has even registered that the game is fully loaded.

Like that time way, way back when I embarked on top of alligators.  Half the party dead before I even had control of my dwarves!

That was really Fun.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 642