Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228958 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.19a4 ϟ]
« Reply #5340 on: February 23, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »

Just kidding around. A new tile for the unicorn:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

recluser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: February 23, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »

Just kidding around. A new tile for the unicorn:

Reminds me of a nightmare from HoMM.  :P

Anyway have been experimenting with an alchemy based workaround to recent metal deficits,
and for the most part works well..
TOO WELL! (for df atleast  :) )

So how would I go about adding a small chance of explosion, miasma, small liquid pool etc.. (or even creature spawn) to a reaction?
(centered at the workshop and the unfortunate  Urist Would-be-alchemist)
ps: If possible ofcourse..  :-X

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: February 23, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »

You reminded me! I wanted to add nightmares long time ago, as an opposite creature for the unicorns... How could I forget.

As for the reaction, just make it to have a small chance to drop a "stone" from a material which boils at room temperature and/or has some cool syndrome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: February 23, 2011, 07:20:16 pm »

When you run out of all things high fantasy, will you start adding steam punk/magitek stuff? :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: February 23, 2011, 07:29:05 pm »

When you run out of all things high fantasy, will you start adding steam punk/magitek stuff?

i just had an idea have 2 waypoints on a map and have it so there is a Flying ship go between them ferrying dwarfs

Will allow for multiple entrances or quicker ways for dwarfs to get to top of Giant towers

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: February 23, 2011, 07:30:15 pm »

When you run out of all things high fantasy, will you start adding steam punk/magitek stuff?

i just had an idea have 2 waypoints on a map and have it so there is a Flying ship go between them ferrying dwarfs

Will allow for multiple entrances or quicker ways for dwarfs to get to top of Giant towers

Floating/mobile platforms would make me so happy... :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: February 23, 2011, 07:34:28 pm »

Floating/mobile platforms would make me so happy... :P

only problem is i dont think you can make things float until Toady puts in vehicles

Edit: planes would be awsome urist mcpilot Has been shot down

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: February 23, 2011, 07:59:15 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks that Final Fantasy 6 Magiwalkers would be cool? You know- build a giant bipedal steel frame, capture a unicorn, and install it to power the machine and its dual frost cannons. As a cheap alternative, you could use elves.

Heck, you should be able to use elves, fairies, and everything wonderful and cute as a fuel source.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: February 23, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »

Finally a use for all those caged creatures! i want to infuse my weapons/armor with souls haha turn entire sieges into enchantments--a full suit of gobbo/elf soul infused clown armor with an axe that uses the souls of 40 immigrant dwarves.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #5349 on: February 23, 2011, 08:25:43 pm »

Hey Deon, do you have v31.18 archived? Cause v31.19 is quite FREAKING buggy. If nawt, then if you got it in your comp, feel free to upload zat.
I'll wait for 3.20 for sure, I read what Toady already has fixed in a few days.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

recluser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:59 pm »

You reminded me! I wanted to add nightmares long time ago, as an opposite creature for the unicorns... How could I forget.

Awesome, it was one of the first things I modded for myself..
I figure if a unicorn is a poster-boy for good forest then nightmare should be the obvious choice for evil > especially so now that in genesis ww's are a full civ.
(plus nightmares are loads of fun, I made em spit fire a'lla obsidian dorfs..
you should see my embark once those two meet  :P)

As for the reaction, just make it to have a small chance to drop a "stone" from a material which boils at room temperature and/or has some cool syndrome.

Heh nice idea, but honestly I was poking around to see whether you came up with some way to spawn ''creatures'' (vermin atleast) from a reaction.
(can't blame me for dreaming huh?  ;) )

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: February 24, 2011, 09:02:42 am »

It's actually pretty easy to make vermin for reaction. Just go with VERMIN or PET for an item type, CREATURE for material type and creature ID for the material.

Also, I want all you pseudo-graphics likers to go and vote on the water tiles if you have free time:
http://www.goblincamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=341

I have a LOT of trouble deciding which way should I make this or another tile, so I will definitely need some community guidance :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12:10 am »

Deon, I think I've found another spelling error :) (grammar actually)

''(Steel Dwarf) Steel dwarves are rarely born to a family which was blessed by a god.''

That kinda means that while Steel Dwarves are normally not uncommon, the chances of your child becoming a Steel Dwarf is lower when you are blessed by a god.
Which is probably not what you meant. :)

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: February 24, 2011, 10:23:35 am »

Deon, I think I've found another spelling error :) (grammar actually)

''(Steel Dwarf) Steel dwarves are rarely born to a family which was blessed by a god.''

That kinda means that while Steel Dwarves are normally not uncommon, the chances of your child becoming a Steel Dwarf is lower when you are blessed by a god.
Which is probably not what you meant. :)

"(Steel Dwarf) Rarely, a family is blessed by a god, and a Steel Dwarf is born"

Also, I would like to note that my steel dwarf adventurer (whom I named Armok the Destroyer of Universes) has slaughtered several waves of bogeymen. And he's only Hero Level.
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: February 24, 2011, 10:25:47 am »

"Steel Dwarves are very rarely born, and always indicate the blessing of some god."

Least awkward phrasing I can think of.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 642