Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229652 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18e ϟ] - mosquitos and centaurs
« Reply #4620 on: January 16, 2011, 10:44:26 pm »

Definitely a long shot but is there any way to make some sort of potion or workshop or something that can make a person not die of age? I play as the keepers and they are supposedly humans that keep knowledge and all that stuff from long ago...would make sense is they had a balanced (rare, hard, and/or resource heavy) way to make someone not die of age...would like to have a champion or a leader of the fort live forever (age wise...could still die from wounds and stuff...like elves)...

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: January 17, 2011, 07:18:15 am »

Remember: Losing is fun!
Desu

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: January 17, 2011, 08:14:08 pm »

Will it be possible to find and use the axebow in adventurer mode?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: January 17, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »

Definitely a long shot but is there any way to make some sort of potion or workshop or something that can make a person not die of age? I play as the keepers and they are supposedly humans that keep knowledge and all that stuff from long ago...would make sense is they had a balanced (rare, hard, and/or resource heavy) way to make someone not die of age...would like to have a champion or a leader of the fort live forever (age wise...could still die from wounds and stuff...like elves)...
Sadly this would require some memory hacking tool, at least for now.

Will it be possible to find and use the axebow in adventurer mode?
Heh, thanks for reminding me. I'll make it in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: January 17, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »

Woot you're the best deon thanks a lot :) lol i feel cheap i only play adventurer mode

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: January 17, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »

I'm thinking about setting the werewolf trigger back to 0, they always manage to attack my fortress right before my bridge/dry moat works properly and rip apart my dwarves to the point where the survivors go insane.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: January 17, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »

I'm thinking about setting the werewolf trigger back to 0, they always manage to attack my fortress right before my bridge/dry moat works properly and rip apart my dwarves to the point where the survivors go insane.

My problem as well.  Sometimes.  Not this game; I've got a legendary mason only 3/4 of a year in.  (lol, migrant was grand master :P)
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: January 17, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »

compatability with DFusion?
it would be awesome to start with a demon fort...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: January 17, 2011, 11:29:28 pm »

How hard would it be to make it so the mod had the ability to let you choose fortress race? I play a lot of above ground forts as humans or whatever...I do not always like messing with the raws...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: January 17, 2011, 11:32:51 pm »

You could set it to 3 then. 0 would make them not appear at all.

How hard would it be to make it so the mod had the ability to let you choose fortress race? I play a lot of above ground forts as humans or whatever...I do not always like messing with the raws...
Not hard at all. But you will lack many dwarven buildings and reactions unless you copy the PERMITTED_* from them to the race of your liking.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: January 17, 2011, 11:52:50 pm »

Not hard at all. But you will lack many dwarven buildings and reactions unless you copy the PERMITTED_* from them to the race of your liking.
it's fine, you've diversified it enough with castes.

on that subject, do aspids/gloomers/obsidian dorfs actually use their natural ability?
I had a gloomer militia commander, who never once used webbing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: January 18, 2011, 12:46:01 am »

Yeah, I disabled their web for now, it cause too much trouble for your own dwarves. Obsidian dwarves shoot fireballs at will, so careful with booze/forest fires. Aspid dwarves no longer have a paralyzing breath, but they have a poisonous bite.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: January 18, 2011, 02:19:15 am »

My problem as well.  Sometimes.  Not this game; I've got a legendary mason only 3/4 of a year in.  (lol, migrant was grand master :P)

The trick is to quickly trigger even more ambushes/sieges from civs they are at war with. They all you have to do is control the flow of the three sided battle well enough that they wipe each other out before they get to you.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: January 18, 2011, 04:41:46 am »

Locked doors seem to keep them out for me, I don't know if that's just because only some types of werewolves can ignore doors and aren't in that siege or if the AI is being a bit buggy.  Sometimes I have building destroyers like dread trolls head to my doors but just stop there without knocking them down.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: January 18, 2011, 06:55:03 am »

Werewolves are not building destroyers, and they can't lockpick, so you can just lock the doors. I wonder why do people have so many problems with them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 642