Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230308 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.51 ϟ] - Music is back!
« Reply #1575 on: June 13, 2010, 03:43:18 am »

Deon could you make it so that all races will bite and kick as much as they punch?Also how about making a playable race thats main melee attacks are biting and kicking,How does the name raptor men sound?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 05:27:07 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 13, 2010, 04:11:16 am »

I, too, would love to see the ability to play a Goblin or Human tower/town (Elves aren't popular enough to warrant it and would probably have to wait until the magic system allowing them to create/shape wood for their dwellings is worked out, while Kobolds would need to have the game allow for their inability to dig into hard rock, which, in Kobold Camp, is currently achieved via making them the only playable race and setting most rocks to the hardcoded value of [IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000]), but I suspect it will have to wait until later versions, as doing so would likely require many adjustments to simultaneously suit play with these three civilizations.

In any case, I'd like to see expansions of the Humans first, in a Black-and-White sort of direction (a god game where numerous tribes existed on the same lands, from Japanese to Aztec to Celtic to Norse to Greek and so forth). Things like analogues to Mesoamerican cultures (Obsidian swords, complex systems of agriculture, caste systems, blood, massive constructions, the capacity for exotic animals and bizarre religions are already in game, so why not?), North African tribes (would add a rival for control of the savannah lands with the desert peoples, not to mention a fearsome stock of war elephants), Middle Eastern kingdoms (to sit on the opposite biome as the Nords), Indian sultanates (to fill out those rainforests and jungles, and provide a potent agricultural superpower to rival the Wesmans), Polynesian island peoples (though that may have to wait until trade boats are implemented) and Slavic steppe-peoples (a mountainous civilization would provide a human competitor to dwarves in that biome, and a Tibet analogue would be too similar to the Osmans for my tastes, and a faction of hard-living, nomadic horse archers would be a thing to contend with.)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 13, 2010, 07:04:49 am »

Why do I continuously die from blood lose instantly?
Somehow I lose my upper body then die. Or atleast that's what my status says after I'm dead.
It's happened twice now. Nothing kills me, I just die in 3 seconds from blood lose after killing a few things.
Probably it's a hot water from rain or boiling blood from your enemies because it's too hot outside.

Playable races are possible. Even now they have all required items most of the time, but not workshops/reactions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 13, 2010, 07:05:51 am »

Hey Deon, would there be a way to mod in more dwarven armor/weapons? Like, a shortsword is nice and all. But what if I wanted to have my dwarves two-handing a dwarven broadsword or maul? Or ridiculously thick spikey platemail. Cause we all know the thicker something is, and the spikier something else, the more dwarvenly it is!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1579 on: June 13, 2010, 07:14:59 am »

I like most of your creature tweaks but I don't get why you dislike giraffes as pets, while dragons and giants which are 10 times bigger fit finely in the same corridors. Must be a personal change.

Monitor lizards are bigger than in real world, I've made them thinking of lizards which serve drow as mounts.

In that case, I'd call monitor lizards "swift drakes" or "riding lizards" and cap their size at horse +40%. I think some meat-and-bones source lizard for swamp farming might be nice, some lesser alligator or greater iguana, size 20-50 kilos.

My dwarves started with a pet giraffe :) they don't start with dragon pets. One cool pet would be a dog-sized "yellow drake" with firebreath, makes a fun guard animal on rope.
Might add sheep (get wool thread at farmer shop somehow) and pheasants and slim forest hens and fat domestic chickens/geese.

Yesterday noticed that rabbits cost 21 at embark and dogs 16 and cats 8. That's messed up, because a low-quality stone mug is 10. Embark dogs should be around... 50.
I'd love to change the leather system, so that I'd have to pay 20 instead or 5 for a bad mule hide. Cheapest cloth is like 17, and leather is extremely versatile (armor, clothers, quivers, backpacks).

Keep up the good work Deon!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 13, 2010, 07:52:48 am »

I guess all the non-vanilla trees should be adjective-corrected with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So you don't get "portia tree wooden logs" and "portia tree wooden barrels" but "portia logs".
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 13, 2010, 07:56:52 am »

Huh, how didn't I think about that myself. Awesome ideas. Keep them coming!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 13, 2010, 08:11:18 am »

Huh, how didn't I think about that myself. Awesome ideas. Keep them coming!

Thanks Deon!*throws Deon a masterwork admantine happy thought**The  masterwork happy thought is deflected by Deons awesomeness**Deon has picked up masterwork happy thought*
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:16:12 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 13, 2010, 09:12:32 am »

I forgot to answer you: serpentfolk have nagas, lizardmen and other species within their civilization which bite and claw :).

Also I consider adding TomiTapio's suggestions on speed. Right now in fortress mode most of the time your hunters cannot catch a prey :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 13, 2010, 09:55:19 am »

Also I consider adding TomiTapio's suggestions on speed. Right now in fortress mode most of the time your hunters cannot catch a prey :).
Average dwarves (speed 900) should not be able to catch a fleeing horse/rabbit/deer/leopard/wolf/coyote/crow/harpy, and hunters should use stealth and crossbow.
Sometimes you are lucky and get a very agile dwarf who always reaches the animals first when the squad rushes out.
The wild cows, sheep and raccoons should be caught by running. Try to use walls and cage traps for catching rabbits and raccoons.
Wish there was a parameter "cage_trap_evasion_chance", high chance for birds and smart humanoids and giant humanoids.

I just put the crows and ferrets to have small_remains (or should that be not_butcherable?) and renamed the deep crow to "crowbeast" to sound less of a bird and more a scary beast.
Damn crows are everywhere, super common (set to appear in any_land). I could use some geese, seagulls, doves/pigeons and ducks. Ducks and swans should give nice 3x-value meat.

How about a giant hedgehog? I had a Shellbear in 40d16, a tough forest creature that gave shell. They're pretty normal compared to magma men and fire snakes. I think I had tropical forest tortoises too. Hmm... come to think of it, I think there's very few outdoor snakes in DF Genesis. Boa, viper, adder, stealthy forest hazards (ambushpredator); but then the stupid elves would bring barrels of snake venom, only takes 9000 snakes milked to fill a barrel. Maybe could have a reaction: many stacks of bolts plus barrel of venom makes poisoned bolts. Maybe not.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 13, 2010, 10:02:08 am »

I forgot to answer you: serpentfolk have nagas, lizardmen and other species within their civilization which bite and claw :).

Oh f*** I forgot about serpantkind!i thought you took them out when my worlds didn't generate any camps.Also is it possible to make medusas have petrifing blood?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:04:50 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 13, 2010, 11:00:57 am »

They have petrifying breath.

and renamed the deep crow to "crowbeast" to sound less of a bird and more a scary beast.
Oh man, you don't know the lore behind it then. Deep Crows are the scariest things of the underworld :).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More bird types is a good idea, I am tired of crows too :).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:03:47 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 13, 2010, 12:03:41 pm »

So, I've been dying because I burn to death from the blood that comes from my enemies when I burn them with my fireballs.

You should try to fix that please. I don't wanna die!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 13, 2010, 01:04:08 pm »

Deep crows are terrifying. Truly honestly. Deon is quite literally legend for adding them.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 642