Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227846 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: ۩۩۩ 웃 Genesis Mod 웃 ۩۩۩ [v.06]
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:17 pm »

How do you add poisonous vapours to rock? I was looking into doing this a while ago so that rocks that are poisonous IRL emit poison, and can be used in gas traps and the like.

You can't have them emit vapour, but you can give them a syndrome and have them explosively boil.  It's detailed under inorganic syndromes on the Wiki: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Syndrome#Inorganic_syndromes_and_you.21
Also known as Zuhayr.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2010, 03:20:42 pm »

I've found something interesting.

I was testing the Beholder against weak creatures like slugmen and macaques and the Beholders AI was kinda strange.The slugman charged the beholder,but it just stood around there.When the slugman got in 3 tiles of the Beholder it shot some magic at the slugman and proceeded to beat it into a pulp.It then walked around a bit and stopped.It seems the Beholder has really poor sight,but I'm quite sure it doesn't happen in DnD lore.It had poorer sight than a cube.

AAGH! [VIEWRANGE:2]. I forgot to add zero (should be 20) :P. It comes from my tests of viewrange, sorry for that. I will fix it in the new release (thank you for pointing that out)! *Runs for the hills*

One question though: If the the dusk elves are meant to be in peace with animals, how come they still make leather armor out of them?
Dusk elves happily hunt creatures. They respect them so they do not abuse them for crafts and no tokens, but they make leather items out of their hides. Try to shoot a bear, it's hostile. Sylvan elves are the only ones which do not use metals, live in peace with all animals, bla bla bla...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2010, 03:27:50 pm »

It looks like DFFD is down so I cannot update it. There's a [ Mirror ] to download the mod in the first post, with the beholder fix included (ver .06b).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2010, 03:40:14 pm »

Umm, Deon, Throwing a spear is horrid for some reason, so I made it more 'armor penetrable' all it did was tear a muscle, for me anyway.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 03:41:40 pm »

Yeah, as I said spears are better than in vanilla but still I feel that they are underpowered.

I assume you hit an armored opponent? Which value of penetration did you use in the end? This is the kind of "balancing" info which can never be wrong/extra.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Asatruer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »

If you are accepting critter suggestions, how about a Gas Spore
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
they are mostly indistinguishable from beholders, but are passive with no magic rays, and explode releasing their poison spores when attacked as their reproductive cycle.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2010, 04:00:32 pm »

Yeah, as I said spears are better than in vanilla but still I feel that they are underpowered.

I assume you hit an armored opponent? Which value of penetration did you use in the end? This is the kind of "balancing" info which can never be wrong/extra.
1.elven craftsman, all ropereed, threw 4 bronze spears at him and all they did was cut them, no epic ' you throw the *<*bronze spear*>* and hit the elven craftsman in the arm! mangling his arm, and destroying the tendon! It is stuck there!' its all ' You throw the *<* bronze spear *>* and hit the elven craftsman in the arm, cutting it!'

2. I made it have a slight chance of armor peircing, I think.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »

Could you make hamster people? *clasps hands and makes adorable eyes*
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2010, 05:27:26 pm »

If you are accepting critter suggestions, how about a Gas Spore
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
they are mostly indistinguishable from beholders, but are passive with no magic rays, and explode releasing their poison spores when attacked as their reproductive cycle.

Good idea. Deon: In case you didnt know, you can make a creature drop a stone on death, and have said stone immediately vaporise into deadly gas by having it's boiling point lower than it's temperature.
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »

Just downloaded it. Is it too late to have a magic item with my name on it?
Pretty Please?
withacherryonthetop?
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:47 am »

Hi, ProZock. I'd say it's too early :P. I mean, at first I will flesh out main races and then move on to dungeon stuff.

Quote from: Asatruer
Gas Spore
Nice idea for a caste. Beholders already fly around because they have a poisonous gas in their air sack. It's not very "canon", but I've found it to be interesting. Now I can make a caste with rare chance to appear which does not only have gas in it, but also explodes on death.

Also I've just found this thread so I will release 0.7 shortly, with all the fixes and new kobold tribes. Also probably I will patch up a Balor into a better shape too for this release.

varkarrus
Hamster people? Living underground and running around in red cloaks? :P Taped-to-a-car-hamster-men. Furrier than a car, faster than a hamster.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:26:44 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2010, 12:25:30 am »

Have you considered some out-there elementals or golems?  Lead elementals whose touch is poison, coal elementals who breathe coal dust, rot elementals who are wreathed in miasma and decay organic material, etc etc.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2010, 02:05:28 am »

Yeah, those aren't so hard to add in. I guess for water elementals, you can make a custom material called... soulwater or something, if you're even adding them.

Can you put ghouls? weak subterranean humanoids that have a poisonous bite
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2010, 02:13:04 am »

There's a HUGE problem with "water" elementals. In fact, if you check raws, the gelatinous cubes are NOT made of gelatinous ooze. They are made of "skin". Because if a creature is made of liquid, ANY damage kills it. You can check it in arena by enabling cave blobs which are liquid-in-a-skin. As soon as anything damages the liquid through skin, they are dead.

Can you put ghouls? weak subterranean humanoids that have a poisonous bite
Ghouls come at the same time as undead.

Right now I redesign all weapon damage vs. penetration/size, also I fix stabbing attacks going less deeper than slashing (Toady's typos).

I mean, I've already fixed it and now I playtest values.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fox the Undead

• Bay Watcher
  • Frozen Dwarf Gas
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2010, 02:34:27 am »

You can check it in arena by enabling cave blobs which are liquid-in-a-skin. As soon as anything damages the liquid through skin, they are dead.
Btw, what does tag [ARENA_RESTRICTED]? Removes creature from arena spawn list or disables fortress mode spawning?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 642