Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230849 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1275 on: June 04, 2010, 04:04:30 pm »

Are you sure you've downloaded the deons_genesismod_1.8_ascii.zip?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 04, 2010, 04:08:45 pm »

Are you sure you've downloaded the deons_genesismod_1.8_ascii.zip?
Yep. The init.txt points to ironhand.png which is the same one as in the other file.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 04, 2010, 04:27:47 pm »

Ahha, I just forgot to change it for the other two parameters. You can change it to graphics_square_16x16 or curses and it should work fine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 04, 2010, 04:39:54 pm »

I did. It uses weird symbols for walls, like ú for example.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 04, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »

Hm, it's for some stones. I think I just didn't change all inorganic files. I will give you a fix in a moment.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 04, 2010, 05:02:47 pm »

Here it is.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 04, 2010, 05:44:41 pm »

Thanks. :D

I've been enjoying your mod so far. I love the diversity.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 04, 2010, 05:52:42 pm »

Now the the newest version(0.31.05) is up, I have to say, I cant see myself playing without the genesis mod. How can use the mod on the new version, I usually only download pre-packaged mods, but I just cant wait right now.

Thanks for this mod deon, you are the man.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 04, 2010, 05:54:55 pm »

Yep. I starter earlier and thought it would be funny to test a sinister location. My dorfs ended up being chased by a gargoyle which killed everyone and every single wardog.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 04, 2010, 06:00:39 pm »

Get your save and copy it in your /data/save of the new version. Oh, and don't forget to grab /data/init/init.txt and /data/art/ folders.

After that go into your data/init/init.txt and change [GRAPHICS:NO] to [GRAPHICS:YES].

Yep. I starter earlier and thought it would be funny to test a sinister location. My dorfs ended up being chased by a gargoyle which killed everyone and every single wardog.
Bone teeth are bad vs. stone flesh :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 04, 2010, 06:09:02 pm »

(dumb question, just to be sure) If I actually dont care about my old save, do I still need to copy the save folder?
If I understand correctly, I should only move the /data/init/init.txt and /data/art/ folders, but what about all the new stuff you added like, for example the cave tortoises, isnt their information saved elsewhere?
And by following the rest of your instructions would i still have the new music you added? I really love it

Sorry for asking such noobish question, Im new on messing with stuff like this.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 04, 2010, 06:21:16 pm »

Moonberries grow in the same locations the sun berry can be grown. Your biome just doesn't have required parameters (I think it's GOOD).
I meant that I am unable to plant moonberries, not gather them. Or do I need to be in a good biome to plant them?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 04, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

(dumb question, just to be sure) If I actually dont care about my old save, do I still need to copy the save folder?
If I understand correctly, I should only move the /data/init/init.txt and /data/art/ folders, but what about all the new stuff you added like, for example the cave tortoises, isnt their information saved elsewhere?
And by following the rest of your instructions would i still have the new music you added? I really love it

All the mod stuff is in /raw/objects folder, copy and overwrite. /data/art and init settings are for tileset graphics only.

Do you play with graphics or ascii?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 04, 2010, 07:18:42 pm »

All the mod stuff is in /raw/objects folder, copy and overwrite. /data/art and init settings are for tileset graphics only.

Do you play with graphics or ascii?

I usually play with ascii, but since I have started playing this in college, I find it easier to explain DF to people and try to get into it by playing with graphics, so right now I am using them.
Do I have to do anything different to make them work?

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 04, 2010, 08:05:19 pm »

Sorry for the double post, Ill just keep bothering you until you tell me to go away
Soooo
I did everything you asked, Copied and replaced the objects folder in the raw folder and the art folder in the data folder and changed the graphics option on the init file to yes.
I go to the testing arena, and even though i do get all the new stuff like balors and beholders, the game is in ascii, not the tileset.
Any idea what i did wrong?
Thanks for you patience
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 642