Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 31.01-Legs are not needed.  (Read 10734 times)

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
31.01-Legs are not needed.
« on: April 03, 2010, 03:58:52 pm »

Miner dwarf decides to drop the tile he is standing on, and mangles all bones in his legs.  Doctor dwarf is trying to surgery him, but no one can bring him water because we are on the ocean and the pump is not ready yet, so eventually the injured dwarf runs off to get booze.  Then he runs off to mine again, legs still mangled.

So, the issue is that a dwarf with all leg bones red is in fact walking around.  He is not prone, either.  He is standing.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Intelligent Shade of Blue

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity Loss: 0/1d4 points
    • View Profile
Re: 31.01-Legs are not needed.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »

Yep, this happened to me in adventurer mode. A bronze colossus opened a can of woopass on me, smashing apart both legs & knees (one leg had a compound fracture), so I fled. After the stunning & pain faded, I was able to run away at my full regular speed.
[COLOR:PRUSSIAN_BLUE]
[NAME:ISoB]
[RGB:0:49:83]

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:04 pm »

Hrm, now there is a red C on the left screen border, in the frame.  I wonder what that means...
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:02:40 pm »

Hrm, now there is a red C on the left screen border, in the frame.  I wonder what that means...
That's the combat log :)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

microMOOSE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:15:51 pm »

I tried dropping a yeti from the top of the testing arena to the ground, but he survived with two broken legs.  He then charged after and killed all wolves I spawned around him.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:44:22 am »

I got one of my miners to keep on mining missing both arms and having 2 broken legs I wonder how he did that.
This happend after I discovered that when I turn of heal wounds they seem to drag a dwarf towards the hospital (he can't resist because he is knocked out) and then a docter takes a look at him after which he get's up and hops away.... it's kinda funny
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 02:32:05 pm »

I got one of my miners to keep on mining missing both arms and having 2 broken legs I wonder how he did that.
This happend after I discovered that when I turn of heal wounds they seem to drag a dwarf towards the hospital (he can't resist because he is knocked out) and then a docter takes a look at him after which he get's up and hops away.... it's kinda funny

If that miner is still alive check his inv, it should say where hes holding the pick.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 03:56:42 pm »

Often, you'll find that they hold the weapon in their mouths. In fact, I had an Axe Lord in an older version who lived for 4 whole years with his axe in his mouth, fighting off invasions of goblins.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 02:21:55 am »

Ok my armless dwarfs is holding his pick in his hands..... that somehow doesn't seem right.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 08:46:51 am »

Maybe his wife is a legendary mechanic and made him a masterwork arm out of her mechanics shop?

Hey, those generic mechanisms can do anything!
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 02:22:50 pm »

Maybe his wife is a legendary mechanic and made him a masterwork arm out of her mechanics shop?

Full Miner alchemist?

Sorry.

In a similar vein, I have a dwarf that just won't die. I mean Just refuses to die. NOTE: Images in spoiler are about 2 megabytes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 10:43:36 am »

Actually this once happened to me, a troll did a lock and snapepd my knee like a twig, luckly I was able to kill him before I passed out (anyone else notice that somthing as simple as a broken bone causes passing out severl times) Once I woke up and went back out a few times I realized I was still able to stand dispite the fact my adventurer's knee was completely destroyed

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:54:14 pm »

Does that combat log remind anyone else of a more violent version of the matrix?

Oops, necro.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:39 pm »

Full Miner alchemist?

Sorry.
His brother had better be made out of mechanics and armor.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 02:40:32 pm »

Actually this once happened to me, a troll did a lock and snapepd my knee like a twig, luckly I was able to kill him before I passed out (anyone else notice that somthing as simple as a broken bone causes passing out severl times) Once I woke up and went back out a few times I realized I was still able to stand dispite the fact my adventurer's knee was completely destroyed
I've noticed it; either limb breaks don't cause quite the amount of damage they should inflict, or the descriptions aren't as clear as to how bad the break is.  I've noticed that lock-breaking limbs don't seem to disable the limb, only breaks from weapon impacts.
Pages: [1] 2