Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] PAth error  (Read 589 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] PAth error
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:43 pm »

I keep getting tonnes of anouncement spam saying [blank] ahs canceled task, cannot find path. This includes my monier, who was hapily carving a tunnel until he could no onger path to the square he was stadning right next too! If I re-designate that square again, he mines it no problem. I'm restarting and seeing if that fixes the issue.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] PAth error
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:23:23 pm »

Yes, a restart, knock on wood, seems to have resolved the issue.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:58 pm »

Pathfinding seems even more broken than in previous versions now. Imagine the top of the screen is north and the bottom is south. If you have a wall, dwarves will only remove it if they are stood north of it. If the only path they have is to the south of the wall, they will cancel the task saying they are unable to reach it, even if they are stood literally next to the wall.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:01:29 pm »

Pathfinding seems even more broken than in previous versions now. Imagine the top of the screen is north and the bottom is south. If you have a wall, dwarves will only remove it if they are stood north of it. If the only path they have is to the south of the wall, they will cancel the task saying they are unable to reach it, even if they are stood literally next to the wall.

Pathing is totally and utterly ruined right now. There's some kind of pathing cache that gets overloaded or broken somehow, but if you save and come back it fixes it.

Unfortunately I'm not willing to do that every 15 minutes or whatever, so I'm not playing until this is fixed. It's incredibly annoying to have dwarves standing around spamming "urist cancelled drink: could not path to liquor" or whatever.