Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Vulcan's Automatons (Day 2, World 2, Cycle 1)  (Read 10250 times)

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vulcan's Automatons (Day 2, World 2, Cycle 1)
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:42:26 am »

Shamelessly Copy Pasted from This thread. I'm running a second game because there are so many on the waiting list on the first.

~

Like his counterpart, Hephaestus (his greek twin-brother), Vulcan was a god of smiths and craftsmen. As an ugly child, he was cast from Mount Olympus and fell into the ocean, where he fell the ocean floor like a pebble. He was found and raised by a nymph, from whom he learned of the beauty of pearls and the joy of living creatures.

In his adolescence, he discovered the art of smithing and through this created many wonderful objects, such as a silver chariot and slave-girls of gold. This art made him famous in Mount Olympus and when it was discovered that he was the son of Jupiter, it was demanded that he return home. He refused, instead trapping his mother in the same manner as Haphaestus.

Jupiter secured Juno's release by promising Vulcan that he would be married to Venus. However, Venus was unfaithful, as was to be expected. Vulcan's jealousy and anger could be seen rising from the Volcano's of the earth whenever she was and people came to fear Vulcan.

However, a lesser known part of the story is that he wasn't too faithful either. As in his past he had created slave-girls to do his bidding, he was quite the womanizer. When he was not crafting items of great beauty, worth and value, he was wandering the worlds, spreading his knowledge far and wide. This "knowledge" resulted in many of his off-spring being born in the world with a great affinity for his craft. These beings of mortal blood and divine craft remained in the worlds to this day, their line unbroken since the dawn of Vulcan.

A great many years have passed since the days of Olympus and the Romans, many of the gods and goddesses have fled from unbelieving worlds, others simply sit back and watch to see what will happen. Vulcan, like Haphaestus, could not bring himself to stop forging and creating, even as the people of earth began to believe in things other than his guidance.

Mimicking his brother, he created a great dimensional ship called Maia and populated it with people from his descendants in his line. However with his power waning like that of his brother, he set forth a method of returning his belief in competition with his brother and bringing life back to his battered form.

The residents of the ship are only awake for cycles. Ten dimensional skips, is the normal amount, while the rest sleep in hibernation with Vulcan himself. During each cycle, the ship travels to different dimensions and worlds, giving source material to create with, and sentient beings to trade these created items. The goal: to spread the word of the smith by trading these magical crafts throughout the universe.

YOU are one of the descendants of the great smith, and your cycle of production is about to begin. What will you craft in the belly of the great Maia, and to whom will you trade it to? In the end, all that matters is how much influence you create for the Smith himself.
~

--------------------------------
This is a second version of the Haphaestus game, called Vulcan to separate it and with a shameless amount of copy pasting. All credit goes to Haika.

Rules and game mechanics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Initial post stuff(04/04/2010):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Cycle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Wait and Hibernation Lists(9th of April, 2010):

Waiting:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:29:28 am by Lidhuin »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Vulcan's Automatons
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:54:20 am »

In
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:38:43 pm »

SO in. Akanus the Peasant shall gather from the sea, especially anything alive and too large to be a good idea.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:33:28 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »

If so, post a name, a character type and choose your first action. The first cycle will awaken 6 creators.

Just to remind people. You know. Don't worry, you won't get kicked out of the cycle for forgetting, but it does make the game run faster.

Worry. I will not add people that just say in. It's too rude to reserve a spot in that manner.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:31:48 am by Lidhuin »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:18:46 pm »

In. Markus the Trader.

Gather from the ocean floor.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 08:17:03 pm »

Looks good, but you should make sure to change Hephaestus to Vulcan in the initial post spoiler, and 2nd to last paragraph to the intro. :) Somehow I don't think they will be in hibernation with the brother, and trying to impress for him.

Good Luck, and I'll be watching. :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 09:13:30 pm »

Mart the crafter will grab a log and the skull and make a shaman staff.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 09:26:56 pm »

Oddix the peasant struts out to the ocean floor to gather some sand.
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 09:32:10 pm »

Room for one more this cycle and ExKirby still needs to give me a name, talent and action.

Also, I thought I had changed all the Haphaestus mentions to Vulcan :p except where appropriate of course. Well, that's been corrected now.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 11:10:15 pm »

Xanthian the Crafter

I claim one green-ish purple bar and one black stone and attempt to fuse them together.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 12:25:41 am »

Room for one more this cycle and ExKirby still needs to give me a name, talent and action.

Also, I thought I had changed all the Haphaestus mentions to Vulcan :p except where appropriate of course. Well, that's been corrected now.

also might want to change that date there to whenever this was started. :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 01:49:05 am »

Put me on the waiting list as Tyrmandis the Crafter!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 06:10:49 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 03:44:27 am »

In the waiting list as Wartin the trader
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Lidhuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 07:34:57 am »

Wow, I think it actually took more work to copy paste rather than just write it out :P

Also: I've changed my mind. Anyone who merely says in won't get a spot, since it's very clear what I need to start the game and it's rather rude to just say "in" when the rules are that obvious. It's also a very bad habit.

So, actions people! I need two of them. ExKirby hasn't given me his, nor even a name or a talent, and I want six people, not five.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 07:40:11 am »

Oops. sorry.

Wait, does this mean I'm in?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8