Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A White Christmas  (Read 1345 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
A White Christmas
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:08:33 am »

Snow. Snow!

Would you look at that... I'm walking through SNOW! Not just some ugly white ground, ACTUAL SNOW!
Not pictured is me collecting a few snowballs to throw at people later, hehehe...

Anyone seen the snow yet? It's amazing! Even the trees are white! The roofs are covered! So pretty!

EDIT: Immediately after I posted, I set a tree on fire. It made a big 5x5 square of ground around it melt and reveal the land underneath!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: A White Christmas
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:12:01 am »

There's always been snow... the only difference is it uses white tildas instead of the original tiles recoloured white. Oh, and the flavour text has changed from "snow covered -" to "a pile of snow".

Still, I'll agree it looks prettier.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:14:02 am »

I even managed to throw some snow inside some buildings, so that's different =3 I trampled someone's house full of snow and then threw a snowball at the disgruntled occupant.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:49:55 am »

I even managed to throw some snow inside some buildings, so that's different =3 I trampled someone's house full of snow and then threw a snowball at the disgruntled occupant.
Did the town decide you were trying to kill them and attack you after that or is it actually possible to have a snowball fight?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:53:52 am »

While I'm hoping the latter I'm going to have to assume the former of the two.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:24 am »

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to accumulate over time.  The snow at my fort melted and I was dissapointed when the next snowstorm only recolored the tiles.