Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1127255 times)

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14160 on: August 07, 2011, 05:13:28 pm »

Hmm having military issues again. My marksdwarves, and i think some of my spear dwarves are all spamming equipment mismatch errors. The descriptions a bit vuage though so what could be wrong exactly?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:15:23 pm by Darth_Karl »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14161 on: August 07, 2011, 07:20:50 pm »

This generally means that you don't have enough of a given weapon. So your tenth spearman goes empty-handed 'cause you only had nine spears, or something like that.

Or if you specified a specific metal, then there's no spears of that kind of metal. Same for your marksdwarves - though that may be ammunition they can't get.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: August 07, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »

I've defintly got plenty of everything i need so i can't see why that would be an issue...

EDIT: Unles it's possibble fr them to continue seeing insufficent after i've made sufficent avalibile perhaps? Can that happen?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:57:56 pm by Darth_Karl »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14163 on: August 07, 2011, 07:58:27 pm »

This happens a lot when new equipment becomes available, especially with marksdwarves and bolts. I find it annoying, but harmless enough. When the spam slows down, quickly run through the equipment on the low-priority squads to check they've got everything.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: August 07, 2011, 08:25:59 pm »

Are Moose-people hostile? 'Cause I'm trying to dig into the caverns to make a home for an adventurer. If the Moose-people are hostile, then this is a problem.

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: August 07, 2011, 08:49:09 pm »

Well this has been going on for about 3 full months so far. Is it normal for it to take that long to die down?

I'll double check the equipment next time i log in mind, but still annoyying as every damm message like this adds to FPS slowdown, i'm allready hovering around 27 and falling.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: August 07, 2011, 09:24:45 pm »

Can one lever be linked to multiple upright spike traps?

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: August 07, 2011, 09:26:36 pm »

Well this has been going on for about 3 full months so far. Is it normal for it to take that long to die down?

I'll double check the equipment next time i log in mind, but still annoyying as every damm message like this adds to FPS slowdown, i'm allready hovering around 27 and falling.

I doubt that cancelled pickup jobs are doing much harm to your framerate; don't expect it to improve when they die down.

As long as you're making equipment that is a valid option for your military, they're going to continue upgrading and cancelling pickup jobs.  So it won't die down until after you're done forging armor/weapons.

Can one lever be linked to multiple upright spike traps?
Yes, to any number.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: August 07, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »

So I managed to capture a Hydra, and then tamed it, is it 100% safe to let it out of the cage?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: August 07, 2011, 10:29:50 pm »

So I managed to capture a Hydra, and then tamed it, is it 100% safe to let it out of the cage?

Has it feasted on the flesh of dwarves?

If no, you should be good to go.

If yes, it might savage them anyway, if I recall correctly.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: August 07, 2011, 10:31:47 pm »

well, it attacked and killed a cat before walking into the trap, does that mean it will start hunting all the cats in the fortress?

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: August 07, 2011, 10:47:28 pm »

Strange mood question...

My dwarf needs wood, bone, cut gems, metal bars, blocks, and cloth.

He has the first four at the workshop. [t] shows this, but suggests he needs blocks. I have tons of blocks, and I even made him a few silver blocks just in case he wanted metal ones. The blocks are in bins, and so is the cloth.

He's not moving!

Any hints? I am getting worried he's close to going insane, and he'd turn into a dang fine carpenter if he survives this.

Do I need to move the items he wants nearer to him? Anything!
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: August 07, 2011, 10:53:03 pm »

Have you tried wooden blocks?
Also, look at his personality and see if he likes and materials that blocks can be made of. If dwarves have material preferances, they'll sometimes want that specific material for their artifact.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: August 07, 2011, 10:56:34 pm »

How many cut gems do you have available? He could be wanting more of those.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: August 07, 2011, 11:26:44 pm »

He wants MOAR METAL. Provide it.

well, it attacked and killed a cat before walking into the trap, does that mean it will start hunting all the cats in the fortress?

No, and he'll only savage your dwarves if he's killed one of your fort's.

EDIT: Shut up Chrome, dwarves is totally a word.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 1178