Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1120508 times)

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #11175 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:10 pm »

I'm trying to outfit 50 :'( and yes the bug still works. and I would add a mail shirt if I think i would have enough steel to make it(I don't think I have enough steel right now for what I plan to make right now)

ShinWalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: May 02, 2011, 11:42:44 pm »

I think breastplates may be three bars each; they seem to be eating up my steel supply at that rate, anyway.

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:55 pm »

I think breastplates may be three bars each; they seem to be eating up my steel supply at that rate, anyway.

Odd, I have a guy working on a breastplate right this moment, and he's only using 1 bar of steel. are you sure its not because of something else?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: May 03, 2011, 12:11:03 am »

Bug: All metalworking requires one bar of material.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:37 am »

Bug: All metalworking requires one bar of material.

good to know that bug is still working. without it, I woun't even try to outfit anyone in steel. I'l just steal the iron stuff from goblins and use that

Pvtbones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: May 03, 2011, 01:09:59 am »

I can't get my marksdwarf to train, it's a new fort. he has a cross box and a quiver (thats empty) he has bone bolts and stockpile infront of the archery target (and it's assigned to his squad and facing the right direction). he's set to active and the bolts are assigned for training. he has a armor stand that he's doing individual combat drill but even with that removed he won't (he'll just do Soldier: cannot follow orders)

I've got everything set that I can think of but he won't grab bolts and practices... :-\

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: May 03, 2011, 04:26:39 am »

I'm experimenting with mining goblinite, and other organics. Mining picks are listed as edge weapons. Would it be prudent to make them out of funobtanium (I have more of it than iron, but strand extraction is slow), or should I stick with steel?

My legendary +5 miners, I assigned to squad are doing "individual combat drill" for a year now, without skill gains (I think). Squad leader has teacher 5 and dodge 5 from embark points. When I give them a kill order they go and kill some badgers, and then stand "soldier unable to follow order", even tough there are still hostiles on them map. Sometimes this happens, sometimes they just kill whatever I want them to.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: May 03, 2011, 06:03:33 am »

My legendary +5 miners, I assigned to squad are doing "individual combat drill" for a year now, without skill gains (I think). Squad leader has teacher 5 and dodge 5 from embark points. When I give them a kill order they go and kill some badgers, and then stand "soldier unable to follow order", even tough there are still hostiles on them map. Sometimes this happens, sometimes they just kill whatever I want them to.

Something I noticed when issuing kill orders on a list of animals is that the dwarves will individually run and kill the closest animal, then they won't attack the next animal until you issue the order again.

Anyways, mining picks are awesome weapons, they definately cut enemies into pieces.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: May 03, 2011, 06:09:15 am »

I can't get my marksdwarf to train, it's a new fort. he has a cross box and a quiver (thats empty) he has bone bolts and stockpile infront of the archery target (and it's assigned to his squad and facing the right direction). he's set to active and the bolts are assigned for training. he has a armor stand that he's doing individual combat drill but even with that removed he won't (he'll just do Soldier: cannot follow orders)

I've got everything set that I can think of but he won't grab bolts and practices... :-\

You assigned the archery target to his squad and set it to train after removing him from the armor stand?  Is there a pit in front of the target that would obstruct a walkable path that messes with firing practice shots?  Is the hunting labor assigned to him while being in military?  Are all the bone bolts already assigned to hunters?  If that doesn't work, I'd try removing his uniform and then reassigning it.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: May 03, 2011, 07:34:41 am »

EDIT: Also, how many bars of Steel would I need to arm and armor a Dorf in head to toe steel? is it something like 7 bars?(1 for weapon, 1 for the helm, 1 for breastplate, 1 for gauntlets, 1 for greaves, 1 for high boots, and 1 for the shield right?)

Material doesn't really matter for the shield, so you could skip that.  Helm, mail shirt, breastplate, gauntlets, greaves, high boots, weapon = 7 bars.  Make the shields out of wood or whatever you have good skill working with.  Unless, you know, it's a fashion thing....
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: May 03, 2011, 10:51:03 am »

Can I store weapons on weapon racks or are they just cosmetic value-adders?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:17 am »

they are value-adders mostly.
but you can designate a barracks from them.
so... I usually make 1 for the armory and 1 for each big noble :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:18 pm »

Do I really need to press the 'e' button 35 times to get my pressure plates to trigger when a goblin walks over them? Seems like the default minimum weight to trigger is the biggest animal.

Or am I doing it wrong?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:33:08 pm by kendo »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: May 03, 2011, 12:52:38 pm »

nope, i dunno what's wrong with that.
but maybe your defaults are off somehow? (did you do elephant-trapping perhaps?)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Life Swordsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: May 03, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »

EDIT: Also, how many bars of Steel would I need to arm and armor a Dorf in head to toe steel? is it something like 7 bars?(1 for weapon, 1 for the helm, 1 for breastplate, 1 for gauntlets, 1 for greaves, 1 for high boots, and 1 for the shield right?)

Material doesn't really matter for the shield, so you could skip that.  Helm, mail shirt, breastplate, gauntlets, greaves, high boots, weapon = 7 bars.  Make the shields out of wood or whatever you have good skill working with.  Unless, you know, it's a fashion thing....

Yeah, its kinda a fashion thing. but really material doesn't matter with shield? So wood is just as good as steel or bone?
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1178