Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123158 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2010, 05:02:41 pm »

if you donīt have access follow the green tiles  of your depot access screen and look where they end.
On rocky ground it is usual because of boulders lying on the ground.
These can be smoothed away by your engravers (if you tell them to)

morejolli

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »

Thanks guys. The trade route looks good.
Quote from: Gandalf
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2010, 08:15:54 pm »

Just broke into a cavern, and got a special message about finding a downward passage. Try as I might, however, I can't seem to find anything like that. Could this be because I previously dug past the cavern and have only dug into it now, from a shaft leading all the way down to the molten rock?
Well really, if you can't be an insane Dwarven dictator hellbent on genociding Mermaids for their precious bones in a video game, where CAN you?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »

Go to announcements, (z)oom to location. It will look  like one or two ramps going down. That being said, it's possible to find a 'downward passage' by uncovering it on the lower cavern, where it is technically an upward passage, but you will still get the same message.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2010, 08:39:47 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that. Once I reload my save, that is; since I asked the question, I dug through some adamantine to see what would happen...

EDIT: did so, just found a big hole leading up a few levels. I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping there would at least be some monster in there or something...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:47:41 pm by BitLooter »
Well really, if you can't be an insane Dwarven dictator hellbent on genociding Mermaids for their precious bones in a video game, where CAN you?

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 02, 2010, 09:27:40 pm »

If you dig a little bit more in the adamantine you wonīt have to worry  about monsters
Very funny stuff might find you

;)

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 03, 2010, 12:04:59 am »

Oh, be rest assured I saw the whole circus. Of course, my crappy-ass military ran up to them with their wooden swords they refuse to give up and got severely entertained by the clowns. I would have stuck around to watch, but as soon as I cracked it open my framerate cut in half. 11 FPS, I'd have been there all night.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 03, 2010, 06:25:30 pm »

I've got lots of wild deer and foxes in cages. I have a kennel. But when I tell it to "tame large animal" none of them are listed.

???

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 03, 2010, 06:33:20 pm »

They're both PET_EXOTIC. You need a dungeon master, if you want to tame them.

Or mod them to plain pets, which is what I do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 03, 2010, 06:43:39 pm »

Damnit.

How do I get a Dungeon Master?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 03, 2010, 06:50:10 pm »

Having a certain population count or modding the entity file, I think. I've never had a fort large enough to support one (FPS issues), so I couldn't tell you exactly what the trigger is. Parsing the entity file says you need at least a... duke? Or maybe baron, I'unno which is bigger, but they're both over mayor so assumedly at least 50 dwarves. Check the wiki, I guess. You need at least a baron, which, according to the wiki, requires "20+ population, 100,000 created wealth, 10,000 exported wealth, others." Apparently the liaison will show up sooner or later and let you appoint one, or something like that.

I think adding [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER], and [APPOINTED_BY:MAYOR] to entity_default.txt in the stuff under the dungeon master entry would let you just assign one from the start, if you're willing to go with that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:53:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 03, 2010, 07:08:53 pm »

I think that currently the position never gets created without modding. Pretty sure I saw someone post it on the bug tracker.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 03, 2010, 07:24:28 pm »

I don't have a Baron either. And I'm at 80 Pop, 198k imported, and 47k in exports.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 03, 2010, 08:39:34 pm »

Your merchants must die a lot to get those stats.

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 03, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »

Really? Mine have never died and I have 137,576 imported, 69,179 exported... 81 pop as well.  This is just from trading and etc, nothing fishy.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1178