Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1119977 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2715 on: August 19, 2010, 02:38:43 pm »

Unless I'm mistaken barrels will only hold stacks of at most 10 items, and prepared food is often produced in stacks of more than 10, especially if you have skilled farmers or are butchering elephants or something like that.  Stacks of more than 10 prepared food items just have to be stored outside of barrels.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 19, 2010, 02:39:58 pm »

Yes. There are some barrels already in there. The max barrels stat for the prepared food stockpile in specific is 255 and it's definitely nowhere near that -- maybe 50 barrels in the stockpile, the other 200 squares are just meals sitting on the floor for the rats to feast on.

And that could definitely be it, Sphalerite... My planters are most definitely legendary +5 and have been for years now. Sucks that it engenders the pest problem, though.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 19, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »

Two more questions:

1. Is it just me, or are 'lazy' nobles not lazy at all? The wiki says that a count should be lazy and not perform any civilian labors, but my count is still engineering up a storm and I can still access her labor screen just fine. She was promoted from being a civilian, so maybe that has something to do with it.

2. Having just captured a live dragon, I suddenly have an extreme desire to get the dungeon master to tame this beast. Is there any way to actually get the dungeon master in .31? Or will I have to edit the raws and remove the exotic tag from it because the dungeon master is inaccessible?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 19, 2010, 03:28:10 pm »

1.  Nobles in DF2010 are a lot more useful than in previous versions, especially internally promoted nobles, who seem to retain their job responsibilities when promoted.

2.  Dungeon Master seems to be bugged a the moment, I've never seen one and don't know of anyone who has successfully gotten him in DF2010.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

HotSax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 19, 2010, 04:06:59 pm »

This is kinda irritating. My furnace operators won't operate my wood furnace. I've set up their jobs to operate it, I even tried adding all the jobs on the list, but they keep idling for some reason. I've got tons of wood, and there's no other jobs for them to be doing (I'm not dumping and I turned off their hauling jobs). Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: August 19, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »

Wood burning uses the wood burning labor, not furnace operating.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 19, 2010, 04:17:26 pm »

Are the "squares" supposed to be square or rectangular? Cause mine are rectangles and my friend's are square.
It depends on what tileset you're using. Some are square, some rectangular.

But both represent a Cube 1x1x1, so using a square tileset probably makes it easier to eyeball distances.

I'm using the regular tileset. The rest of them confuse me.

I'd prefer if someone told me how to make the regular tileset a cube instead of a rectangular prism. I think the y axis is twice as big..
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 19, 2010, 04:23:01 pm »

Go into your init and change to the square version of curses.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 19, 2010, 04:27:00 pm »

Curses?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 19, 2010, 04:40:54 pm »

I have recently gone on a butchering spree to increase my framerate.

Then I expanded my tombs, and several of the tame animals I butchered got their own coffins.

Huh?

Nick

StrawberryBunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: August 19, 2010, 05:02:33 pm »

Then I expanded my tombs, and several of the tame animals I butchered got their own coffins.

Huh?

Nick
That's because coffins are by default enabled for pets and dwarves both. There's an init option to change it, if you want to.
(16:25:13 ) (+strawberrrybunny) I've decided that I might as well put my almost encyclopedic knowledge of DF to use
(16:25:13 ) <+buttbot> I've decided that I might as well put my almost enbuttlopedic buttledge of DF to use

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 19, 2010, 05:06:27 pm »

Huh?

Nick
That's because coffins are by default enabled for pets and dwarves both. There's an init option to change it, if you want to.
If they were pets they'd have had names. It's impossible to butcher pets anyway.

I've done this before plenty of times with cows and horses, and they didn't get coffins.

Nick

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 19, 2010, 05:09:58 pm »

If they were pets they'd have had names. It's impossible to butcher pets anyway.
You can butcher pets whose owners are dead.  I don't know if they still get buried in that case however.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 19, 2010, 05:48:53 pm »

Curses?

The default tileset is called Curses (unless you downloaded a mod that had a different one bundled). There is a "regular" version and a "sqauare" version.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 19, 2010, 06:13:50 pm »

Oh... so where are they? I can't find them in any of the folders, but if I search for "curses" I find 19.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1178