Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released  (Read 122048 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.01 Released
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2010, 12:51:10 am »

Because I can't for some reason log on to the Mantis Tracker, I'll post it here instead. I've had a 1050-year long Age of Myth. I don't think that's supposed to happen. Or is it?

Sooo exited over the new version! Yay DF!  ;D

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2010, 01:17:42 am »

Because I can't for some reason log on to the Mantis Tracker, I'll post it here instead. I've had a 1050-year long Age of Myth. I don't think that's supposed to happen. Or is it?

You gotta register first! Also, Yus!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2010, 01:23:40 am »

It switches to the Age of Legend after a certain percentage of megabeasts die.  Megabeasts are much harder to kill now, which means that most of them survive to 1050 (the default "End Year" in world gen params), and the age doesn't change.  So this isn't a bug per se.

Hypatian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2010, 01:29:22 am »

"Rithi was a forgotten beast.  It was the only one of its kind.  A towring eight-legged quadruped composed of coral.  It appears to be emaciated.  Beware its poisonous vapors!  Rithi was associated with water, deformity and caverns."

Eight... legged... quadruped.  Associated with deformity.  That's some deformity, alright.  :D

There seem to be a fairly large number of eight-legged quadrupeds running around, actually.

This, however, is my favorite forgotten beast so far:

"Amxu was a forgotten beast.  It was the only one of its kind.  A huge ass composed of salt.  It has an enormous shell and it has a gaunt appearance.  Beware its webs!  Amxu was associated with torture and caverns".

A giant donkey with some sort of shell... made of salt... that spins webs.  Awesome.  :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:32:27 am by Hypatian »

Komdour

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats with these Urist McBlabla's anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2010, 01:31:07 am »

Wonderful. =) I leave town ffor three days and the game I have  been waiting for forever gets released while I have no access to my computer. XD I am looking  so foreward to this.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2010, 01:56:39 am »

So this is that new one thats a complete overhaul right?
Damn, perfect timing for my computer to fry its capacitors.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2010, 02:01:33 am »

"A huge ass composed of salt. It has an enormous shell and it has a gaunt appearance.  Beware its webs!".
First thing that I imagined had nothing to do with donkeys and a lot with surrealistic floating certain part of body...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:44 am »

where can I find some screenshots of these new features?
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2010, 02:09:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

stuntaneous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ungodly beard of awesome]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2010, 02:11:14 am »

thanks for powering on ]:)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2010, 02:18:06 am »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2010, 02:34:58 am »

Where I did expect. I can't tell if its updated. Then again I only looked at the first 3.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

GildedBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2010, 02:42:58 am »

"Rithi was a forgotten beast.  It was the only one of its kind.  A towring eight-legged quadruped composed of coral.  It appears to be emaciated.  Beware its poisonous vapors!  Rithi was associated with water, deformity and caverns."

Eight... legged... quadruped.  Associated with deformity.  That's some deformity, alright.  :D

Maybe it's like the horse things from Avatar (the one with the blue tentacle people), it has eight legs, but they are in pairs and so move together rather then like an arthropod.

Personally, I'm wondering how you can tell if a critter composed of coral is emaciated or not...

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2010, 03:04:21 am »

It's obvious you have not played yet, or else you would have noticed the doctors, and the arena, and the new military screen, and..., and..., and..., and...
After two years the LEAST i expected are some interface improvements, not "doctors" and further growth of unplayability. Arena ? Military ? Who needs it if the dwarves dont attend to their tasks anymore ? I waited for 5 minutes real time for a mechanic to stop lazying around and start making the f-ing mechanisms.

Xveers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2010, 03:10:35 am »

It's obvious you have not played yet, or else you would have noticed the doctors, and the arena, and the new military screen, and..., and..., and..., and...
After two years the LEAST i expected are some interface improvements, not "doctors" and further growth of unplayability. Arena ? Military ? Who needs it if the dwarves dont attend to their tasks anymore ? I waited for 5 minutes real time for a mechanic to stop lazying around and start making the f-ing mechanisms.

You might want to check the individual temperments of your dwarves. It may be that you just got a dwarf that was really lazy and your only mechanic  ;) ;D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31