Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 3][YO LEAFSNAIL WHERE ARE YOU]  (Read 33447 times)

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia X:Invaders of the GSD Kronos[DAY 1]
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2010, 05:32:46 pm »

I'm signing off for the night, guys. Will check in in the morning.

My vote stands.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »

I vote Shad0wyone
Shome, why did you jump in, vote for a guy with no question than never come back?

This is the kind of thing you want to do. Start putting on the pressure and accusations, get people talking.

Azulth, you're shockingly cavalier about killing off innocents. Why is that? It seems to me that you're trying to justify a "random vote" that you'll use to kill townies and no one can blame you for it. Scum.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

shome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »

I was just poking him to get him to post.
Since he has 2 votes now i will unvote
Quote from: Capntastic
It's post-modern art. It's useless, it looks weird, but it's worth a lot of money.
Plus, with an elephant, you really only need to caulk a couple places. They start out pretty watertight.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2010, 05:58:09 pm »

I was just poking him to get him to post.
Since he has 2 votes now i will unvote

Unvote.

I am getting busy so I probably will have less rapid fire posts now.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2010, 06:03:09 pm »

I may have to be going soon too. However, my vote will stay, I don't want Praguepride thinking hes in the safe just yet, although I do not have any intent on killing him at this time just yet.

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2010, 11:51:06 pm »

I vote Shad0wyone
Shome, why did you jump in, vote for a guy with no question than never come back?

This is the kind of thing you want to do. Start putting on the pressure and accusations, get people talking.

Azulth, you're shockingly cavalier about killing off innocents. Why is that? It seems to me that you're trying to justify a "random vote" that you'll use to kill townies and no one can blame you for it. Scum.

As Leafsnail stated, we have 2 free kills. Whatever happens, we lose at the end of day 3. If we kill someone now, day 4 will start with 3 total / 2 mafia and we lose, and if we don't kill someone day 4 will start with 4 total / 2 mafia and we lose.

Make of it what you wish.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2010, 12:44:27 am »

I vote Shad0wyone

As Leafsnail stated, we have 2 free kills. Whatever happens, we lose at the end of day 3. If we kill someone now, day 4 will start with 3 total / 2 mafia and we lose, and if we don't kill someone day 4 will start with 4 total / 2 mafia and we lose.

The fact of the matter Azulth is not that you don't care about the killing or lack of killing... you just don't seem to want to scum hunt.

Lets look over your posts shall we?
Vote: Abstain

The only good option.
You start off suggesting that we do nothing! If we do nothing the scum win... it is that simple.
A random lynch on the first day rarely reveals any information. I find it a better option not to murder some random towns-person right away.
Wait... is that not that the opposite of what you are saying now? That is flip-flopping and I don't like it.
A random lynch on the first day rarely reveals any information. I find it a better option not to murder some random towns-person right away.
I think that that is untrue, certainly for a newbie game. What if RV makes the scum nervous, we may not need to lynch but we certainly need to presser the scum into talking.
Interesting. Yet, I don't think I'll change my vote right now.
Very odd... you are only just in to say "okay but I will not change or give a reason why."
unvote

...And after a spectacular coinflip, my vote goes to:

Shad0wyone
Ah here we are, the flip-flop. You suddenly change your mind when people start looking at you... and than don't help at all. If you want the to talk accuse them at lest ask why they have not come in.
I'd rather have my vote on someone who hasn't posted yet. Once he gets in I'll be happy to unvote.
Even though the game has only been going for two hours? I looks more like you are trying to build up so much so a attack on them that when they do get in no one listens to them... one more town down and you are that much closer to winning Eh?
Was about to say ,Azulth, its quite unusual for someone to random vote someone who isn't online. Unless of course your giving him something to talk about?
I'm giving him a reason to get in. My vote stays until he gets in, or in the unlikely event we get some information.
Reason? Once again the game just started. Info? that is what this game is about, more info. It is hardly unlike that no more will come up. Ah but don't you already have all the info?... The scum do don't they?
I'd rather have a non-active player dead than an active one. He might as well be a low-lying Mafia member, trying to avoid attracting any attention at all.
I will concede that this is true... but why kill people that may just have something more important going on than killing scum?

Yes we have two "free" kills... but we need to "use" them effectively not just "Dur De Dur we have free kills lets use them with out scum hunting." We need to scum hunt. The scum aren't going to come out and tell us who they are... actually... I think one just did...

Azulth you are not only not scum hunting, you are trying to stop scum hunting and are trying to lynch people that cant defend themselves. You are scum.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2010, 12:48:46 am »

That is what I "Make of it."

shome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2010, 12:56:58 am »

I agree with Criptfiends' text wall.
Also Azulth,why the second vote for shad0w? Two prod votes? Sounds like scum trying to get a lynch.
It's post-modern art. It's useless, it looks weird, but it's worth a lot of money.
Plus, with an elephant, you really only need to caulk a couple places. They start out pretty watertight.

Shad0wyone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2010, 02:25:19 am »

Hello, I'm alive.
Right then, day one, random voting. I remember when I was considered scum for random voting on day one, how much these forums have changed. Or maybe not so random now, considering the amount of talk there has been going on.
So then, looking back Shome seems a bit wishy-washy on the voting, first he tries to prod me, then he goes after Azulth for prodding me.

shome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2010, 02:33:22 am »

So then, looking back Shome seems a bit wishy-washy on the voting, first he tries to prod me, then he goes after Azulth for prodding me.
So I'm scum for prodding you?  Okay my argument for Azulth was weak but Cripptfeind took all the good arguments.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2010, 04:45:42 am »

Praguepride. Might as well kill somone.

And now you're doing it again. Scumhunting is more than just Random Voting. It's asking questions like these: Why so keen on killing? Random kills won't help town. At least make sure that when you vote, that it's an informed one, and inform the rest of us based on what information you voted. Use arguments, questioning, anything but "Ah well, let's just kill a guy" because that just screams "I'm scum".

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

praguepride

• Bay Watcher
  • DF is serious business!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2010, 09:10:22 am »

Yo, I'm here. Sorry for being MIA but I had a wedding to attend. I'll catch up sometime today but I'm not a fan of this random voting D1. Now, I acknowledge D1 is a valuable source of intel, in my experience, at least 87% of D1 lynches are mislynches.

Scum can subtly team up to avoid suspicion this early in the game, me thinks.

Townie 1: "I accuse YOU"
Scum 1: "Ummm... i'm not scum!"
Scum 2: "Yeah, he isn't really playing like scum, but you know who is!? This guy!"
Rest of Town: "Yeah, I agree! Let's Lynch them!"
Man, dwarves are such a**holes!

Even automatic genocide would be a better approach

Azulth

• Bay Watcher
  • No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2010, 09:16:20 am »

UNVOTE
The fact of the matter Azulth is not that you don't care about the killing or lack of killing... you just don't seem to want to scum hunt.

Lets look over your posts shall we?

You start off suggesting that we do nothing! If we do nothing the scum win... it is that simple.
True, and I soon realised that might not be the right way to act in this game.

Wait... is that not that the opposite of what you are saying now? That is flip-flopping and I don't like it.
I changed my opinion on first day voting. I didn't do the math before blurting this out.

Yes we have two "free" kills... but we need to "use" them effectively not just "Dur De Dur we have free kills lets use them with out scum hunting." We need to scum hunt. The scum aren't going to come out and tell us who they are... actually... I think one just did...
Sure, I never said we shouldn't. But I never had enough information for targeted voting, so I just pruned a random afk-er.

Azulth you are not only not scum hunting, you are trying to stop scum hunting and are trying to lynch people that cant defend themselves. You are scum.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2010, 09:29:34 am »

Azulth has not answered any of that, simply only answering with an unvote.
Whether the question Cryptfeind asked was Rhetorical or not, you could of at least explained why you have done what you have.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29