Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147041 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #2070 on: February 27, 2011, 07:51:47 pm »

I created a Man of SCIENCE game springing off of the LCS character creation and recruitment format. You can probably find it and claim fraud, but this one was supposed to run alongside Pandar's new one, for the cameos.

Link that shit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 27, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 05, 2011, 05:24:25 am »

So any advice on how to go about rebooting/restarting such a game? Other than updates, what worked well and what didn't? How much of that beginning-phase stuff do you really want to go through again? Should I reduce the sheer degree of the timescale, uh, scaling as far as how many things you do and how much time passes? Would a system where you queue up hours from your day work better, perhaps?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 05, 2011, 09:48:40 am »

The confusing voting system is probably what brought it down the most. Removing the downvoting or something like that would likely help quite a bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 05, 2011, 09:49:30 am »

DESTROY DEMOCRACY BRAIN, HAVE POLLS.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 05, 2011, 11:41:02 am »

Yeah, the poll system that the forum uses would be better than what we were using, in my opinion.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 05, 2011, 04:07:02 pm »

Polls are very restrictive, though....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 05, 2011, 04:10:16 pm »

No they're not.
Demo brain is restrictive with time because everybody bitches.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 05, 2011, 04:49:27 pm »

Polls are very restrictive, though....
People vote for the stuff they want do do next, and we don't get bogged down trying to figure out what is actually next.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 05, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »

Remove down voting. If there are three votes for it or how ever many over a twenty hour period, I go ahead and do it. Works for me and WIZARD!.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 05, 2011, 04:55:46 pm »

Mm, that might work.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 05, 2011, 07:14:09 pm »

You can't add stuff to a forum poll, so you would need all of the options to be known prior to putting it up...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 05, 2011, 07:15:18 pm »

You can't add stuff to a forum poll, so you would need all of the options to be known prior to putting it up...
yes you can. I've been able to change the number of options in the poll in WIZARD several times.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 05, 2011, 07:20:31 pm »

Use polls for voting on the starting parameters and important progression points, then use the simplified pseudo-democrabrain for all nonessential items that are between those points. I like the current setting you have, so I'm biased in saying use it again, but change the surrounding characters. Try to work on making time move faster so that we don't go through several dozen updates without even 48 hours passing.
I noticed a lot of people being unreasonable with their suggestions, or just outright suggesting things that can't be done at the time. Don't bother monitoring that, just try to keep the people suggesting things from getting ahead of themselves quite as much as they were, since it's only been that severe in this game.
Also, while I wouldn't call it a con, I'd like to see max skill levels raised so that it's easier to tell how good SCIENTIST actually is in that given area, rather than having to guesstimate it. I use 100 with skill evolutions, Aklyon uses 20 with game breaking stuff, and I'm not sure about anyone else. I'd say 30 with half levels would work for you, though you'd have to either increase or decrease the rate at which levels are gained. I can't remember how fast SCIENTIST grew at the moment.

Pros:
setting
writing
variety in choices

cons:
voting
time progression
people being stupid(unsolvable)
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 05, 2011, 07:47:17 pm »

simplified meaning no downvotes, as said before.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140