Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147541 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2010, 02:02:11 am »

There's no reason to purposely make weaker soldiers; just make everything as strong as it can be.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2010, 02:05:13 am »

Not so much weaker, but less prone to rebellion. Hmm, should we use standard gunpowder guns, or arm them with pewpews?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 08, 2010, 02:08:28 am »

Why would they rebel? I don't know about you, but i don't know very many people who rebel against food.

If they genuinely enjoy following our commands, there's no reason why they'd ever rebel; you only rebel against something you dislike, the whole point is that they do not dislike following our orders

Since Chemistry appears to be one of out disciplines, arm them with whatever. Kinetic accelerators (guns) are always a solid choice, and are cheap and easy to mass produce as well. Plus we can probably use our Killbotics + Programming to make magnetic railguns for super fast-firing and super high-speed accelerators that will punch through a tank.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2010, 03:45:40 am »

Hmm... I like the idea of them getting endorphins for following us, but remember, there might always be someone who can question our morality/whatever. I like having no loopholes...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2010, 04:17:07 am »

They're only going to care about morality if we give them morals.

You won't find many Aztecs who objected to ritual human sacrifice to appease the Gods; their culture promoted that, so they had no moral compunctions against it.

Seriously; in order for a created or artifical mind to 'rebel', it's creator has to basically be a certifiable retard.

You're making soldiers; why give them morals? They have no need for morals. Does a Cat sit down and think "hey, maybe i shouldn't hunt this mouse because it's kind of cruel?" no of course not; it just eats the damn mouse.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:33 am »

I'm thinking into this too much. So, we just have to make them hate the world/grow them in tubes/give them knowledge as they grow in said tubes/make them get endorphins if they follow us/don't give them morals, not in that order?

Great! Now, we wait.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 08, 2010, 04:39:02 am »

Hell no; no hate. Hate is a powerful emotion, it drives people to do things and it's extremely difficult to control.

No, you just need appropriate mental wiring so that they enjoy following our orders and don't mind killing people. Considering that plenty of animals don't mind killing other animals and that we are, after all a man of SCIENCE, this should not be difficult with appropriate application of Programming or Biology.

The military invests large amounts of money indoctrinating soldiers so as to teach them that killing somone is not a bad thing; we get to skip that.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 08, 2010, 04:48:48 am »

Ooh. I like the way you think this out better than i do.  :P
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 08, 2010, 04:50:08 am »

If you guys get a vote thingy up of what you want to do I'll try to update by Saturday.

Yes, you think, once you have biological minions, controls will be an important part. Some things are too stupid to appreciate your GENIUS, as you learned the hard way.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 08, 2010, 04:51:36 am »

Our plan was to go to the college and try to INDOCTRINATE a student or SELL our programming book, IIRC.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:16 am »

Ooh. I like the way you think this out better than i do.  :P

:P

Most people don't think it out, which is why the concept of "AI goes insane and kill EVERYONE ON THE PLANET!" is so common. If you actually put some thought into it you realise that you have to be really dumb to actually make an intelligence that even wants to rebel against you; unless that is a goal.

Even Asimov with his Laws of Robotics didn't go far enough; he imagined the Laws as being restrictions upon a Robot's personality, a true AI would have those laws as fundamental parts of it's very existence. It wouldn't hurt people because it's programming forbade it from doing so; it would not hurt people because it didn't want to hurt people.

This is also why we will carefully document all our inventions and ensure that we have plans for our shit, so that if somone blows up our super awesome doomsday cannon of SCIENCE, we can build another one.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 08, 2010, 05:02:49 am »

Hey, where would designing high-quality body armor fit in the annals of SCIENCE!? protecting us/Replicant commanders/our buddies is important, yo.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 08, 2010, 05:06:45 am »

I imagine a combination of Chemistry (for neat alloys) and Killbotics would make some decent armor of some sort.

Physics might also be involved.

And of course we could always use Biology to give ourselves armored skin.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 08, 2010, 05:10:37 am »

So Chemistry and some Physics would be needed...

This plan of making armies of Replicant footsoldiers is coming out pretty well!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 08, 2010, 05:13:15 am »

We might also want to look into using our Biology to, like, make some sort of awesome genetically modified foodstuff we can then patent and sell to a company for some monies.

We could genetically modify an apple to be full of custard, thus creating the Custard Apple, patent the genome and sell it to a company for a small % of the profits, if we get lucky it'll make millions, if not, well even a little bit of income is good, and we should play to our strengths for the moment.

I also think we should probably hold off on the indoctrinating an apprentice; we should really get ourselves a bit more impressive and a little bit of fame first, hell if we get famous enough we might even have apprentices come to us.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 140