Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 140

Author Topic: Man of SCIENCE!!  (Read 147529 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Man of SCIENCE!!
« Reply #525 on: April 08, 2010, 05:18:26 am »

Yeah... unless we happen upon a total moron that will lend us full access to his funds/privileges/etc, we'd better find a way to make monies.

I say we make toy bots to sell at first, even if it hurts out Megalomania.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2010, 05:21:52 am »

Physics for design. Chemistry and Physics is necessary to advance beyond conventional metals, but unlike most invent-y stuff, you just passively unlock it with given levels.

Selling toy bots, if you design them as toy bots, would not harm your PRIDE, as they would be fulfilling their precise function. Of course, you won't find many buyers where you are now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 08, 2010, 05:23:54 am »

What if we find a way to make monies off thugs, by making... security systems for them? basic electronic locks, etc etc, so they can keep their stashes secure?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 08, 2010, 05:25:58 am »

How about toy bots designed to warp the minds of the impressionable young to our advantage?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 08, 2010, 05:33:34 am »

It would be far more profitable to design toy bots, patent the design and then sell it to a company.

Actually manufacturing stuff is a bit beyond one man, even a genius like ourselves.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 08, 2010, 05:34:57 am »

Okay, so designing toy robots. Time to brainstorm up ideas!

((Maybe we should look up on modern toy parts, so we know what we're working with...))
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 08, 2010, 05:44:19 am »

Ok, how did we get to replicant armies, i tought we were doing ratborgs piloting battlesuits, those are much cooler than ordinary clones
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 08, 2010, 05:49:30 am »

Ok, how did we get to replicant armies, i tought we were doing ratborgs piloting battlesuits, those are much cooler than ordinary clones

but Replicants have better... potential than ratborgs in battlesuits, and they're cheaper. Imagine growing, modifying and training a single rat to pilot a battlesuit, rather than growing a clone in a test tube, who gets all his training and skills whilst he's growing! Anyways, making body armor and guns is cheaper than making battlesuits.

Also, what about making KILLBOTS that resemble modern day UAVs to use as air support, as well as filling out various roles in a modern day military from transport, anti-air capabilities, anti-vehicle capabilities, supplying armies with food and water, etc. etc. They could supplement Replicant footsoldiers, or enable us to specialize them more?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 08, 2010, 05:52:03 am »

Remember also that full robots are generally better than piloted systems, since unlike normal people we can program truely intelligent machines; no squishy bits means no life support, which means lighter, stronger and more compact.

We should use our Biology to enhance ourselves and to make squishies to support our robots, rather than makign battle suits.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 08, 2010, 05:54:20 am »

and rank-and-file footsoldiers to do our dirty work/manage the EMPIRE/skirmish against the GOOD GUIZE

besides, battlesuits are dumb. 
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 08, 2010, 05:56:17 am »

Battlespiders now, battlespiders are a good idea.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 08, 2010, 06:01:08 am »

Yeah! I can imagine it now... Hey, should we develop a simple zombifying serum, something like 28 days later? It just makes people into raging savages that don't eat sleep or drink, it transfers through contact and the air, and we can make it so that our Replicants are immune?

Of course, this is more mid game stuff, when we have suitable amounts of land, cash, power and minions.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:34 am »

Any sort of plague would be highly late-game; such a thing would not only get the immediate attention of everyone on the planet, but controlling it would be extremely difficult. Plagues have this annoying habit of mutating out of control, that's one of the reasons why biological weapons are against the Geneva Convention; they tend to get everyone.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 08, 2010, 06:10:11 am »

But ratborgs guys, who cares if it is functional, imagine the terror of seeing a half rat half robot piloting a car sized armor that is wielding guns the size of a person, you can't dissmiss the shock value of that, also the coolness factor is insane  8)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 08, 2010, 06:12:57 am »

Ah, but if it's not functional, you're fucked. I would rather have an army of Replicants with assault rifles, backed up by UAVs with missiles and autocannons, as well as spiderbot tanks with dual 105mm cannons than a ratborg. besides, one EMP charge would take out that rat-tank-thing, or a tank mine to a foot would leave it unable to defend itself!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 140