Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Galactic Expansion.  (Read 9188 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Expansion.
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 04:00:20 pm »

I already gave name and goal, I think there wasn't anything more right? If I'm in, I'm waiting for you to tell me my starting position and equipment.
Ah yes sorry I forgot, you both seem like the sciencey types to me. You guys will start with: two rovers, a research ship, a scout ship, 2 scientists, four pilots, five crew men, 10 explorers, and a captain and 200HCr. You start on the green planet in the city.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2010, 04:01:35 pm »

Real Actions:
Send a Fighter to scout out the terrain nearby, while everyone gets to work by repairing the light speed communicators so we could contact a merchant or something.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 04:36:07 pm »

((Thanks! Oh, and would I be able to construct space stations and such? Or would that require the infrastructure of a city or colony to support it? Secondly, whats that large brown thing in the space map?))

Begin recording, log file 0001

Joseph Thorne speaking, Captain of the research ship NUHFS Tesla.

Finally, after dealing with all that red tape, we can finally begin. We have been given permission to establish a research colony and start work on our goals. However, as eager as everyone is to begin, we can’t just go romping out with the research ship, we will need supplies and a base of operations first. Other factions have already come, and lay claim to the uninhabited planets. That’s fine by me, let them grab all the land they want. Personally I prefer the peace of mind of having a city we can obtain supplies from when times are rough.

In order to stay out of their way, I decided to order the research ship to move in orbit above the planet. The rovers, however, were sent down to search the land north of the city. Hopefully we can find some natural resources to use to give the research colony I have planned a much needed boost. The scout ship, however, being the only armed ship at my disposal, will remain with the research ship, given the recent pirate activity reported in the system. I can afford to lose a rover much more than I can the research ship.  Meanwhile, I will conduct what orbital scans I can for a good location for a colony.

Overall, the crew morale is high. There is something invigorating about building an entirely new settlement from scratch. It’s hard work, but rewarding as well. Still some debate about what to name the new colony to be though, I’ll hold an official vote later. Though once we get a suitable location, I plan on getting that bottle of the Centauri ale out and giving it a proper christening. I’ve been saving that thing for years for a proper occasion to use it.

End log file.
Joseph Thorne signing off.

((Actions: Research ship and scout ship in orbit, rovers were sent to explore the area north of the city. The research ship was scanning the green planet.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42:49 pm »

((Thanks! Oh, and would I be able to construct space stations and such? Or would that require the infrastructure of a city or colony to support it? Secondly, whats that large brown thing in the space map?))

You can indeed make space stations they tend to be costly but work much like towns/cites/bases only in space. They do need air and food but that can come from floating farms if they are advanced enough.

The brown this is a gas giant (not to scale)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2010, 04:43:24 pm »

Not really sciency in the exploring sense. The science that the AIADF does invoves programers and hiring supercomputer time, or manufacturing electronics and then hiring some standard surgery service to implant them. It's done in hospitals and datacenters, usually in larger cities, not in space or on frontier planets.
A more likely starting activity is economic and lobbying. Lobbying dosn't really require anything other than money itself really, so I'm probably more fit for an industry starting kit than a science one.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2010, 04:46:52 pm »

((Thanks again. Anyway, is there a list of the stuff I can build and/or research so I can plan out what I can do in future turns?))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2010, 04:54:42 pm »

I'm probably more fit for an industry starting kit than a science one.
Okay let me adjust that... you now have 5 researchers, 3 scientists, three surface vehicles, one captain (Lead Researcher) , one research ship, and 1000HCr

((Thanks again. Anyway, is there a list of the stuff I can build and/or research so I can plan out what I can do in future turns?))
Yes I will try to get that list up soon.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2010, 05:26:01 pm »

ok! Yay! Also, thanks for leting me in, forgot to ay than before.

Now, actions... Hmm, I'd like to know more rules (if nothing else, meta rules like what decision procedure you use to make up rules on the spot) but I can probably manage some actions withoute it. For example, what's the difference between a researcher and a scientist? Also, whats the prices fro varius things?

Anywy, actions; I set up a computer manufacturing plant in the city and if finished it starts making and selling gaming consoles, and I send veichles to prospect for mineral resources to the  noth and the north-west. I buy/claim up land around the city trying to get a monopoly on that. (so once it grows a bit more, it will hit the ring of land bought cheaply by me, and in order for the city to grow more they will have to buy it from me for a very high price.) The reserch ship orbits the planet and run scans for more spesifics of ore deposits. If all these actions together costed less than 600HCr, I also build a powerplant in outskirts of the city and if finished start selling power to the city.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2010, 10:00:02 pm »

Eh sorry guys, I got caught up in a game and now I am way to tried to do this, I will be doing your turns tomorrow.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:55 am »

Name of planet - Krull

Send the northern scout west and the southern one east. Find some ore and start the mining!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 11:46:35 am »

The dragons rovers crawl across the surface of the planet looking for new resources! The one heading west finds nothing... but the one heading east gets stuck in a hole... it takes a turn to get itself out and it makes no progress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The GDI send off a fighter to find a place to bunker down and than get to work on repairing light speed coms. The fighter finds a mountain! With a extensive cave system! Perhaps this can be use for their what ever they are doing? On the home fount although non of you are experts you find it is not as bad as all that, with some good old fashion hard work, random guessing, and spit you get the coms to start working!

The CRD waste no time in sending off a ship to low orbit to scan you planet for resources! They also send some rovers up to do a more in depth servery of the land. The scan shows that there is a huge Iron deposit on the island, just waiting for someone to go and exploit it! The rovers are sadly in bad condition, who ever last own them (because they are certainly hand me downs) ripped you guys off. It will take at lest three turns for you to repair them.

The AIADF waste no time setting up a factory were they will gather the funds needed to... push there evil agenda? Maybe? Who knows? They also find that sadly there is no one to buy the land from because this is a lawless part of space! They set up the factory though! To the cost of 50HCr. They then send off two research teams to find resources for processing. The team to the north find nothing but the team that went North west finds a copper deposit! They send the ship up to orbit to scan the planet... BOOM!!! A explosion rips though the scanning bay! The captain manages to limp the ship back into port.
Well looking though the damaged sections you find evidence that HAIC (Humans against intelligent computers) have found out were you went and followed you to this system, they are here to stop you and destroy your organization. It will take a long time to repair the scanner... if it can even be repaired. Your ship losses scanning capability and can go into space until the haul breach is fixed

The Grand Duchy of Kanralin decides to gain funds they need to start finding resources! So they go off! sadly the find no ore. :'(

Maps and rules up soon hopefully, It is hard to compile to buggers.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 03:18:06 pm by Criptfeind »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:26 pm »

Begin recording, log file 0002

Joseph Thorne speaking, Captain of the research ship NUHFS Tesla.

Memo to self. If I ever see that Feringi merchant again, demand my money back. Or string him up by whatever his species uses for genitals. Or both. The moment we began the power up sequence on the used rovers we bought, both of them blew out their motivators, and were as useful as three legged mules. I had Mac, our unofficial mechanic, take a look at them. He says he can replace the burnt out parts, once we construct what we need. It won’t be difficult, but it will take us some time to fabricate the components needed.

Meanwhile, the orbital scans have borne better news. A significant deposit of raw iron was detected on the large island within the primary ocean of the planet. It struck us as a good place to build a settlement. Revenue from refined Iron aside, the island would be out of the city’s way, yet close enough should we need it’s services. I ordered the construction of the colony.

Colony building is not cheap though, and our funds were not the best in the first place. (As shown by the used rovers) We began discussing ways we could procure some credits for setting up a mine and a refinery. The idea was suggested that I radio the other factions, and offer them the services of the research ship’s scanners for a modest fee. It seemed to be a reasonable proposal, and I decided to contact the other various organizations operating in the system.

End log file.
Joseph Thorne signing off.

((Actions: Begin repairs on the rover. Establish a settlement on the island with the iron deposit. Continue orbital scans. If anyone wants orbital scans of their planets, let me know and we can discuss the fee. How much would a mine and foundry cost anyway?))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:02:15 pm by Fortis »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 01:02:19 pm »

150 total.

And that's what happens when you get four rolls in a row that are all two or less. :P

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »

A stroke of bad luck, huh. The iron will be a good consolation prize though.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:36 pm »

Yup, I probably should not revel the rolls but... well I don't see why not. You got a 1 and a 2 for rovers than another 1 and a 2. For the scanning you got a 9 and a 10
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12