Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095446 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14730 on: November 28, 2017, 03:24:06 am »

Note: dropping ANYTHING on a magma flow--except after a minecart of water has been dumped on it to clear it while standing on it, how you would end up learning this is an exercise left for the class--will destroy it, including an otherwise-indestructible artifact, this isn't a perfect test.

But I died within 3 turns after tossing! It couldn't reach the flow in that time.
Did you throw it or drop it? If you dropped it then I assume projectiles are traced to their final position when you die, otherwise it would have hit the flow before you did anything else.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14731 on: November 28, 2017, 04:59:41 am »

Note: dropping ANYTHING on a magma flow--except after a minecart of water has been dumped on it to clear it while standing on it, how you would end up learning this is an exercise left for the class--will destroy it, including an otherwise-indestructible artifact, this isn't a perfect test.

But I died within 3 turns after tossing! It couldn't reach the flow in that time.
Did you throw it or drop it? If you dropped it then I assume projectiles are traced to their final position when you die, otherwise it would have hit the flow before you did anything else.

I threw it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: November 28, 2017, 05:44:11 am »

Once this adventure ends, I'm making a town for animal people.

EDIT: The adventure has started.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:47:46 am by KittyTac »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: November 28, 2017, 07:25:43 am »

That elf is a hammerlord with metal and masterwork everything, by the way.

EDIT: I got away!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: November 28, 2017, 04:43:27 pm »

spending all day trying to fill in a camp size pool. spending more time trying to figure out a faster way to pour more water in to the camp and prevent any of it evaporating.
all this so I can test out an fort embark set up.
I really need to think up less sanity draining adventure mode megaprojects

edit: tried to get clever and see if I can wall up the large puddle then slowly expand it that way, only to get ambushed by an raiding army lead by an mockingbird demon... and I couldn't get away as I set up the water filling process in a tree.
it's encounters like these makes reading those "man folks keep running away from me." post seem a tad unfair for them.
like do you need to do harmless non murdery things to get demons to swarm you?
or am I cursed to just get ambushed by demons in every DF game I play?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:00:19 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: November 29, 2017, 04:28:15 am »

Found a cyclops that wears all artifacts! If I live, I'm gonna be famous!

EDIT: It crushed my upper spine.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:41:28 am by KittyTac »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: November 29, 2017, 04:48:38 am »

It wears ALL artifacts, after all. One to rule them all.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: November 29, 2017, 04:58:35 am »

Climbed a tree to smack some elves off it, when suddenly an elf swung an artifact steel longsword at my neck... Parried it thankfully, but the next attack lodged it in my stomach. Shield bashed him in the face, lodged my own iron short sword in his head, then pulled out the longsword... The Limb Of Thought. When I hopped from the tree, I kind of splatted... Welp, sucks when a vampire dies. But at least I reclaimed the longsword. According to legends an herbalist made it their family heirloom, a giant stole it, struck down a hydra with it, then a clown killed him, then a kobold stole it, then a goblin killed him, only for it to be taken by another kobold, a human kill that kobold, then this elf take it from him, only for me to claim it, then the ground took it. Happy birthday to the ground!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: November 29, 2017, 05:10:32 am »

It wears ALL artifacts, after all. One to rule them all.

I meant it has only artifacts on it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:21 am »

I was telling stories in a mead hall and everyone suddenly ganged up on the goblin law-giver. Then a companion told me that there is an insurrection. Yeah, I saw that.

EDIT: Came to the cyclops' cave and found one of the artifacts just lying around. Interesting.

EDIT2: The cyclops was slain!

EDIT3: Found some animal men and preparing to settle near them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:24:16 am by KittyTac »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: November 29, 2017, 03:28:20 pm »

Went with companions to a dark fortress to see if bugs and problems of past version related to the AI of the denizens there was a thing of the past, and after being surprised to land on the dangerous side without slopes of a volcano right next to the gob site
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fortunately T allowed to escape out of that death trap :D

It became even more annoying to navigate toward the dark fortress as it was mountainous area, so lots of slope down/up ending nowhere and backtracking until finding a slope going without interruption etc...
The zone was filled with gob towers too, oddly each of those i ran across were all empty.

Once in the dark fortress itself, sadly it's still filled with completely passive trolls that do not care about being killed and never join ongoing fight in front of them.
Unfortunately the same for the companion that do not join your fight with trolls, updated the report already existing about it on mantis (the problem is around since original 40.x release :/ ) and added to the identity spam problem reported there too as the same save cover both annoyances.

Anyways, that identify spamthis time is a rather funny bug, as once you're in there, you have a bunch of trolls that constantly ask each other to identify themselves , and no troll ever reply (i didn't remember they were able to talk i'm sure they have no INTELLIGENT tag ?) .

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:30:50 pm by Robsoie »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: November 29, 2017, 03:54:41 pm »

Visited my retired fortress to grab some artifacts and supplies. Hilarity ensues.

You drink the lye.
You feel really full.
You pick up the live honey bees [13046].

Sadly the game crashed before I could use the bees in combat.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: November 29, 2017, 04:13:04 pm »

Was checking my disapointing dark fortress expedition in the legends mode and noticed this

Those guys at the "Terror of Battle" group must be made of the most gullible people on the whole world for this to even work, i nearly regret one of my character having slain their elf lord in the dark fortress :D

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #14743 on: November 29, 2017, 05:33:49 pm »

Was checking my disapointing dark fortress expedition in the legends mode and noticed this

Those guys at the "Terror of Battle" group must be made of the most gullible people on the whole world for this to even work, i nearly regret one of my character having slain their elf lord in the dark fortress :D

Do you want to go skateboards?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: November 29, 2017, 05:43:55 pm »

so far building a giant pool project got squashed when I notice 2 demons spawn out of the woodwork to harrass my adventurer.
and these are some straight out of hell demons so talking them out of murdering was out of the option.
luckily divert them to an elven site and one of them died from onslaught of elven attacks.
sadly I had spread the curse of reanimation to the elf site so the whole place is slowly turning into zombies battling an undead salt demon.
I bailed from the place and now realize the difficulty of my world just bump up a few notches. like I don't mind the harmless trolls that ambush me all the time, as usually every time I play this game, I get some end boss beast that attacks.

like man here I thought I had robsoie's world with passive friendly npcs, instead I'm being hunted down by a giant mockingbird demon that spits webs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1104