Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2105923 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12420 on: June 21, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »

so in my 04 game I'm setting up Dwarf fortress Oregon trail adventure
which comprise of 1 wagon man adventurer
and 4 or more of companions I can pick up and trekking through the lands to hopefully find ...some site that looks close to oregon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
oh wait we started in Oregon so I guess reverse to go East instead.
I expect anything can happen and be amaze if I hit the east with the starting 4.
the wagonman name is Elso Knowchucks and their ready to "RIDE THE EARTH!"
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: June 21, 2016, 03:25:10 pm »

Sweet zombie Jesus, the wagonventures live anew. D:

Also, found a green lair. This is either a roc or a treant.

EDIT: ...zombie roc!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:27:15 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: June 21, 2016, 03:49:30 pm »

Swimming skill is your friiieeend.

I think you forgot, he had 0 limbs left, he did know how to swim, but he physically was unable to.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: June 21, 2016, 03:50:20 pm »

I think you forgot, he had 0 limbs left, he did know how to swim, but he physically was unable to.

Oh derp. I didn't realize the game had accounted for that. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: June 21, 2016, 03:52:38 pm »

Oh derp. I didn't realize the game had accounted for that. D:

Yeah, he just kinda floundered there for a few seconds and gave up completely. It was sad to watch.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: June 21, 2016, 03:53:50 pm »

That's why I wanted to see if there was a "You have been drank." message, Toady is crazy prepared with lots of nonsense like that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: June 21, 2016, 03:59:10 pm »

That's why I wanted to see if there was a "You have been drank." message, Toady is crazy prepared with lots of nonsense like that.

That sounds like a message that'd only show up if you played a goo. :V

Also, ow. Seems that even megabeast-tier chitin gets worn down by roc nibbling.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: June 21, 2016, 04:55:13 pm »

Yeah, fuck. Seems all body-material armor, despite my considerable buffs to it, will fall apart rapidly. >.<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: June 21, 2016, 05:26:19 pm »

Well a roc is pretty damn big. Enough muscle in them jaws and talons to do it.

Had an adventure last night, started as a well-read bard and poet with some swashbuckling skill. Turns out I was starting in a magician civ I use for testing so I had access to steel from the get go. Read some poems, visited a library (one of only four in the world, which I intend to visit) and killed some kobolds occupying an abandoned hamlet. They were all civilians save one bowman, but he didn't even have arrows. I do feel kinda bad about that, now. The townspeople considered them skulking vermin they'd be happy to be rid of, but they're not actually impressed with my deed.

Went off to visit another library at the other end of the empire, and it seems even though the map and exported sites+pops lists most towns along my way as belonging to this civ, very few of them actually are. And none of them trade with my home town. Theyre all going to some elven forest retreat that ive no information on.

I hired a drunk from a town where nothing is organized and its literally four dudes hanging out in the keep, and killed a bandit overlord in a neighboring town ran exclusively by those bandits and recruited his unknowing lackey crossbowman (who was asleep for the fight). Further north we came upon small mostly-abandoned town run entirely by bandits. One bandit was harassing a civilian in the street and started a fight with him despite the guy yielding, so I ran him down and fought him. Ended up killing him. The civilian didn't thank me for saving his life, he called me a killer.

We then found a hydras' lair, and in the fight the drunk was very quickly and brutally killed, being separated from me by the hydra, who I couldn't distract. The hydra also had a go at my arm and the crossbowman, now-overlord of his masters' bandit gang. After lopping off several heads and spilling its guts the hydra finally bled out. I have a short sword so I couldn't penetrate the upper body very deeply, and the hydra dodged most blows anyways.

I was afraid the overlord would bleed out on me, he was still bleeding heavily and pale after the fight, bite and tear wounds all over the place. He's unable to walk now, actually.

We visited a couple more towns, sold bits of hydra meat in either of them. One town, a shopkeeper had only the coin in his coin purse to trade, but coins of a different civ or entity in his chest which showed up in his shop inventory for trade anyway. So I sold him the rest of my meat for the entire lot of coins. His next door neighbor? Trades in that denomination of currency the guy just loaned me. Weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: June 21, 2016, 05:26:29 pm »

I had to skid across the ground after a high speed minecart wipeout to hurt dragon bone and scale armor.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: June 21, 2016, 05:31:15 pm »

I had to skid across the ground after a high speed minecart wipeout to hurt dragon bone and scale armor.

How much did you buff material properties? Because I set tanned scales to 1.25 times as tough as raw scale, and megabeast-tier an additional 10% tougher.

I swear, if I have to make dragon scale/bone as hard as steel... -_-

Well a roc is pretty damn big. Enough muscle in them jaws and talons to do it.

Dinky little iron daggers, even. D:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12431 on: June 21, 2016, 05:36:24 pm »

My dragon bone is denser than steel with candy stiffness and max edge, scale is similar, way better than ordinary materials. Hydra bones are the same but not fireproof, Roc bones are roughly iron, and semi-megas are all copper.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: June 21, 2016, 05:44:36 pm »

Random stuff from today and yesterday.

Since stone axes work again, dwarven peasant Bim Fieldpebble was rolled with novice fighter and wrestler, no weapon skill. His first act after hoboing various clothing was to build that stone axe, fell a tree and make himself a wooden shield. Shield making's always been a reaction I've had in my raws since logging was implemented, but it wasn't used much.

After getting swimming up from novice to adequate, Bim did start his adventure the truly dwarven way by wrestling a big carp and punching it to death. Dwarves need food. The shear force causes minor damage at this point given his zero striking and above avg strength. All things in due time. All battle addicts like Goku know this.

Bim pretty much spent most of the day yesterday building a two floor hut 1 world map tile south of his hilllock. This was my first dedicated aboveground build where a character had to manage bogeymen by getting that roof up first. Here a thing that would have been helpful is removing the building requirement for door crafting. Bim was 5 world map tiles away from the closest fortress. Prior to hut completion there was an encounter with an alligator snapping turtle who turned into a very nice Kingdom of Loathing inspired alligator snapping turtle shell helm.

My dwarves have always liked causing a bit of trouble, just because the discord/harmony split is pretty binary. Even the supposed middle stance "- - -" will make a character averse to conflict. They'll become angry or glum after a disagreement. If you don't want your dwarf thinned-skinned, she/he'll need one shift ">" towards discord. That of course will give them the need to cause trouble.

Bim likes to cause trouble. He begins speaking with a lady consort archer and suggests that laws are worthless. She feels this is not so and scurries away. When Bim finds her later, he asks her if she's in a foul mood because he's considerate like that >_>

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: June 21, 2016, 05:48:04 pm »

My dragon bone is denser than steel with candy stiffness and max edge, scale is similar, way better than ordinary materials. Hydra bones are the same but not fireproof, Roc bones are roughly iron, and semi-megas are all copper.

Fuuuck. That is way more than I intend to buff the stuff. Maybe if I just flat-out double the material strength... -_-
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: June 21, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »

Just rolled up a new Kisat Dur warrior and got mugged by goblins. Beat them to a pulp and was satisfied to see none of them give into pain the second they got scratched, the fight didn't instantly escalate to lethal, one bit my shirt and tore it, and when I finally kicked their asses and told them to yield they did. Now I'm off to build my dojo.

It's really refreshing to come back after a few updates and see things working so smoothly.
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1104