Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104748 times)

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9810 on: December 26, 2015, 11:07:17 am »

There's something peculiar about the act of going around trying to convince dwarven children to appreciate romance.

Dwarven Child: I am awoken to the value of romance. I am very satisfied!
You: You look like a mighty warrior indeed.
Dwarven Child: I'm six!
Dwarf Spinner: It is terrifying.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: December 26, 2015, 11:13:49 am »

While digging out space in a dragon's lair for room to build a kitchen to cook it, hit an aquifer and had to grab the meats and run. This is such a newbie mistake. Have to remember to look at the walls I'm about to dig. Dammit, I'd managed to craft a masterwork hatch cover with my dabbling carpenter skill. I've got to stop fucking around with this, it's not like I'm going to make a home here.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: December 26, 2015, 11:54:29 am »

okay so I'm trying to grab some bogeymen for a necromancer elephant seal but trying to do so by mass reanimating some dead in hopes they swarm the group always ends up with one straggler bogeyman breaking from the dog pile and punching me.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: December 26, 2015, 07:49:19 pm »

The Hunter ripped a Cyclops apart with his teeth and finally got a title: Let all beasts tremble at the approach of the Smooth Ball of Grapes!

EDIT: And he lost it during a save-crash. The Axedwarf got the kill instead; better luck next time.

I wanted a goblin percussionist, so I recruited one. He's turning out to be a reliable debate partner, he's firm enough in his opinions that I can't get him to shift. And they're mostly nuanced and agreeable, but I'm trying to instill needs that will optimize his focus, like skill, merriment, friendship, etc. He's surprisingly for the value of sacrifice, considering the viciousness of his writing.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:08:52 pm by Uzu Bash »

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: December 26, 2015, 09:36:28 pm »

I got bored of the necromancer, so I retired him to the tower where he first learned the secrets of life and death. I was practically invincible with nothing to do because I spawned on a continent with a ton of Necromancer towers, but nothing else. So unless I trekked over the arctic, which I could because I don't need supplies, I was stuck on a land of boring nothingness. The one lair I found was empty too. I could destroy everything with an unstoppable army, but I didn't feel like it. I would rather have my zombie horde mega-beasts and whatnot. He's still there, so some day I'll unretire him and reforge the army. There's at least four tomb sites with who-knows-how-many actual tombs at each site, so I'm not low on soldiers.

So I made a Brown Recluse spider [wo]man Axeman. I was caught off guard when I started with 5 shields and a halberd, but it's pretty cool. The human mead hall I started in is run by a goblin that I swore loyalty to, and immediately the guards started beating the shit out of some dancers, including the bowman I recruited. I have no idea what happened, apparently it's very unsafe to be a jester at this time.

EDIT: I have a question though, is it true that a shield's material doesn't make any difference in its ability to block and deflect blows, and therefore wood shields are superior because they're lighter?
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: December 26, 2015, 09:54:31 pm »

*I basically became Jotaro when I started punching people rapidly until they died, with a little mix of wrestling by grabbing them and wounding them then continuing the ORA ORA ORA. Life is good when you're hurting people in this game.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: December 26, 2015, 10:01:48 pm »

now to see if elephantmen are proto-bronze colossus size and willingly able to punch a dude miles away.
oh shoot SKAVENS ARE IN.
you can play ratmen now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: December 26, 2015, 10:09:11 pm »

Cheese for the cheese god! o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: December 26, 2015, 10:10:36 pm »

*Did I just geld a man by punching him so hard in that area that it's gone 030
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: December 26, 2015, 10:24:10 pm »

Do I need to re-post that image where I gelded something with a rock salt short sword? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: December 26, 2015, 10:29:28 pm »

What in Armok's unholy name is going on? It's chaos in the mead hall, dancers are being murdered left and right, the lord is chasing one around and my two adventuring pals are following the guards' footsteps and trying to kill all the dancers, as well as giving out coup de grace to human children in the mead hall. My lasher just shattered a child's skull while the child was lying on the ground.

What fresh hell did I step into.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: December 26, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »

What in Armok's unholy name is going on? It's chaos in the mead hall, dancers are being murdered left and right, the lord is chasing one around and my two adventuring pals are following the guards' footsteps and trying to kill all the dancers, as well as giving out coup de grace to human children in the mead hall. My lasher just shattered a child's skull while the child was lying on the ground.

*Sounds like an insurrection.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: December 26, 2015, 10:33:24 pm »

Again, this is just an ordinary tuesday in 42.xx adventuring, go find a library.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: December 26, 2015, 10:40:24 pm »

There was a moment during my moose man poet's journey where whilst walking in a town I was randomly shot in the head by a goblin crime lord who was foolishly fleeing straight for the keep. And goblins were just sort of murdering and being murdered everywhere. It was a bit confusing.

Good thing moose have really thick skulls, because I sort of just shrugged off the shot without feeling much of any pain at all. And later when i confronted them all their bolts did was cause bruises, even with the lack of armor. Putting points into toughness was apparently worth it.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:59:55 pm by SlothPajamas »
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: December 26, 2015, 10:43:15 pm »

There was a moment during my moose man poet's journey where whilst walking in a town I was randomly shot in the head by a goblin crime lord who was foolishly fleeing straight for the keep. And goblins where just sort of murdering and being murdered everywhere. It was a bit confusing.

Good thing moose have really thick skulls, because I sort of just shrugged off the shot without feeling much of any pain at all. And later when i confronted them all their bolts did was cause bruises, even with the lack of armor. Putting points into toughness was apparently worth it.
I really hope your adventurer's name was "the general" or something else moos-ey.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1104