Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095473 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9360 on: December 12, 2015, 10:09:29 pm »

so before I did the whole play a song of seeing to a blind dwarf, my first in that world brown recluse spider in an attempt to hide from a goblin jump over a gap,
thinking he was safe from dangers, the goblin just ran up the weird hilly mountain that had like a 1 tile gap between it, and mid air PUNCH my spiderbard's head into gore.
like he jump over the gap then sock it in the mandible.
I was like wait I'm dead, he killed me in one punch, as my spider body flew off the mountain.
it was an awesome way to die.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: December 12, 2015, 10:14:45 pm »

Well, I laid claim to the tower in the name of...Lrikifidlolger, and killed the leader. Nope. I don't own jack shit.

I am sadbold.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: December 13, 2015, 03:59:13 am »

Sit a while and I shall tell the tale of Lida Stormlaced, an eleven archer I met in my travels.

I had just treked west through the mountains, through the lone dwarven tunnel on this continent and the two fortresses at either end. Both had been infested with goblins, and it was in the second that I lost my two companions at the time to the goblin soldiers. This was unfortunate, but not unexpected. The two had taken wounds earlier, fighting a night creature, and were due to be replaced by younger, more starry-eyed recruits from the west.

Now, I'm not one to sing my own praise, but that left me with quite a fight. While the first fortress had been filled with craftsgoblin and craftsdwarves living under their conquerors, the second played host to a great army. It was, I would later learn a staging ground for their war with the elves of the west. I killed what must have been a hundred of the wretches before reaching the surface - the deed for which the people named me a hammer lord.

I had reached the eleven lands at last, though it had cost me two good men and my right ear. With the night closing in, I made it to the nearby eleven village for rest and a chance to resupply. This is when I met Lida. She was an archer and former hunter, one of the first of her kind, and spoke in passing of a troll she had killed as I refilled my waterskins.

Now I may not share the dwarves' view of elves, but I did scoff when I first heard this. But I gave her a chance to join me and prove herself. Not that I expected her to, of course - few last long when they first start adventuring. I didn't relish the thought of fending off boogeymen every night during the trek back east, though. I figured I'd just drop her off at a keep or town when  she got hurt and decided the adventuring life wasn't for her after all.

Lida was a rather quiet traveling partner, which suited me just fine. But as we took the long route back east, swinging far to the north to avoid the goblin armies lurking in the mountains, there was plenty of time to get to know her. She'd raised 5 kids, yet of them the second eldest, Cacame, was the only one she didn't know to be dead. He had been captured by goblins instead, while three other of her children had been killed in raids. Her youngest son survived to marry and for a time the family had peace. This was shattered when a troll killed and devoured him in his home, while Lida was away hunting.

It seemed it was at this point that she'd decided she wouldn't take life's lemons without wringing its neck to squeeze the lemonade out with its blood. Which I suppose she then drank, being an elf. At any rate, she did manage to kill the beast that had taken her last son from her. I now regretted my amusement when she said she'd killed a troll. We all have our reasons for adventuring, after all.

She'd been angry when she told me of her family. I still remember the rage burning in her eyes as she spoke, long after I forgot what fool thing I'd said in ignorance to anger her. As she'd finished her story that night by the campfire I got my first proper look at the women who'd decided to follow me north.

The next day, she didn't want to talk, and I understood that. I'd pushed at wounds still painfully fresh to her, and decided to give her time to heal. She wouldn't have much time to, though of course I couldn't have known that at the time.

The next day, we were to run across a beast that gave even me pause.

<continued tomorrow!>

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: December 13, 2015, 04:52:14 am »

so 42.03 added brown recluse spider people as another creature for citizens of mountain homes.

then found a vampire after unleashing a mummy, and bit into her neck, as a elephant seal. grab a backpack full of blood and ran into the taverns in an attempt to spike everyone drinks and have a vampire party.
outed one guy who at first Did not hate me like the first vampire I outed.
which is good because boy howdy does ask about somebody reveals who's a vampire and bringing it up seems like everyone cool about it.
I guess revealing them really means is "I'm totally gonna kill you because you're a vampire you vampire." and not "hey are you a vampire?"
"body swapping and YOU!"

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: December 13, 2015, 09:38:22 am »

While waiting for the fortress mode fixes, I decided to have some fun with the hidden fun stuff in adventure mode. Expect spoiler tags.

I start out as a human demigod in a small coastal settlement. First I need to become a vampire. I can't seem to find a temple, but it turns out I can ask around about a dwarven vampire, who, it turns out, is the lord of the settlement, and is standing not five paces away from me. (Later digging in legends revealed that the dude never ate anyone, and was generally a pillar of society.) Well I reveal him, shank him, lick his blood off my sword, and then chase him all over the keep Benny Hill-style and kill him. In retrospect, I should have let him live for the benefit of future adventurers, but oh well.

After this not-at-all cold blooded murder, I travel to the nearby necromancer tower, conveniently sandwiched between the two major civilzations of the world. The necromancers and undead turn out to be quite hospitable and let me read up on the secrets of life and death. I am now a demigod vampire necromancer. Time to find the hidden fun stuff!

Asking around in the tower, it seems the necromancers don't know much about where anything is, but they recommend I talk to a well-traveled mantis woman necromancer - who they unfortunately also don't know where she lives. Get that - somewhere in this world, probably on a windy mountaintop, there is a badass mantis woman necromancer who doesn't need no necromancer tower to survive. Officially the most badass person in this world.

Spoiler: Hidden fun stuff (click to show/hide)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: December 13, 2015, 01:14:05 pm »

Well shit, I need to raid a vault as my kobold vampire necromancer. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: December 13, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »

hmm starting to wonder if you could go as a were necromancer so you can raise armies of were-creatures.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: December 13, 2015, 01:53:53 pm »

hmm starting to wonder if you could go as a were necromancer so you can raise armies of were-creatures.

Raise your own severed limbs and watch them regen into whole copies?

I hope that bug still exists. I SHOULD'VE tried for a werebeast curse because my left hand got crippled but nooo, vampires are sexier. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: December 13, 2015, 01:55:18 pm »

What about delicious were-seals (selkies by another name)
One wheel short of a wagon

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: December 13, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »

What about delicious were-seals (selkies by another name)

What, no weresharks? X3
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: December 13, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »

Problem with werebeast necromancers is that once a month, your zombies try to kill you.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: December 13, 2015, 03:13:00 pm »

Yeah, that doesn't sound fun. Does sound Fun though. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: December 13, 2015, 04:32:02 pm »

Reached a little hamlet in a nice environment.
Plenty of animals around and more trees than you could count (well, more trees than my char could count - since he's bearing a massive scar on his head, his intelligence can be compared to a hamster. Luckily for him, he is a hamster man. No problem on this front.).
Thought about retiring him, but wanted to be elevated to hearthperson at first, so that his new life after his endless travels could bring him the fame and fortune he missed throughout his adventuring.

Entered the mead hall, greeted the lady in charge and asked her politely about becoming hearthperson.
She refused. This I guesssed.
Therefore I offered my service to prove myself worthy.
The only task she had, sounded promising.
At first.
"An evil has arisen."
Oh yes.
"Kill Iti Fingerpaddle, the gorlak lady. You can find her at the neighbouring hamlet."
Ehm, gorlak lady? Serious? What?

I shouldered my backpack, nodded and left, to fight a gorlak lady. I could have strangled a cat instead or trampled a bug, but if it has to be a gorlak - if that is the most terrifying creature around my new home, well.

After a short walk, at which I actually trampled many bugs, I reached the vile lair of this terror to mankind - another nice hamlet in which all inhabitants seemed to be content and happy. I asked myself, if they knew the truth about their real master. A gorlak!
Entered the mead hall and drew my sword.
And was greeted by a cute, little creature (smaller than me), completely adorable.
She told me that it is important to value friendship and not to be racist.
I sighed.
Unwielded my weapon, waved her goodbye - her little tusks sparkled as she smiled - and turned back "home".
Upon entering the residence of my employer, I cleared my throat and began reciting a poem about wind - I hoped, she understood the underlaying meaning (winds can change). Despite being puzzled, she and her three bodyguards applauded.
And then they died (Faster than this four words can be spoken).

And now I have a new home, a new lady (she really has nice tusks) and I can lay rest to my furry body in the fields surrounding this peaceful settlement.
May all evil beasts value the merits of friendship - life could be so easy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:34:30 pm by SaD-82 »

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9373 on: December 13, 2015, 04:39:27 pm »

Bravo! Also, the Dwarven Inquisition would like to kill you all.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9374 on: December 13, 2015, 04:39:59 pm »

Reached a little hamlet in a nice environment.
Plenty of animals around and more trees than you could count (well, more trees than my char could count - since he's bearing a massive scar on his head, his intelligence can be compared to a hamster. Luckily for him, he is a hamster man. No problem on this front.).
Thought about retiring him, but wanted to be elevated to hearthperson at first, so that his new life after his endless travels could bring him the fame and fortune he missed throughout his adventuring.

Entered the mead hall, greeted the lady in charge and asked her politely about becoming hearthperson.
She refused. This I guesssed.
Therefore I offered my service to prove myself worthy.
The only task she had, sounded promising.
At first.
"An evil has arisen."
Oh yes.
"Kill Iti Fingerpaddle, the gorlak lady. You can find her at the neighbouring hamlet."
Ehm, gorlak lady? Serious? What?

I shouldered my backpack, nodded and left, to fight a gorlak lady. I could have strangled a cat instead or trampled a bug, but if it has to be a gorlak - if that is the most terrifying creature around my new home, well.

After a short walk, at which I actually trampled many bugs, I reached the vile lair of this terror to mankind - another nice hamlet in which all inhabitants seemed to be content and happy. I asked myself, if they knew the truth about their real master. A gorlak!
Entered the mead hall and drew my sword.
And was greeted by a cute, little creature (smaller than me), completely adorable.
She told me that it is important to value friendship and not to be racist.
I sighed.
Unwielded my weapon, waved her goodbye - her little tusks sparkled as she smiled - and turned back "home".
Upon entering the residence of my employer, I cleared my throat and began reciting a poem about wind - I hoped, she understood the underlaying meaning (winds can change). Despite being puzzled, she and her three bodyguards applauded.
And then they died (Faster than this four words can be spoken).

And now I have a new home, a new lady (she really has nice tusks) and I can lay rest to my furry body in the fields surrounding this peaceful settlement.
May all evil beasts value the merits of friendship - life could be so easy.

I presume you told the gorlak how you kille dthe opposing lady before becoming its hearthperson?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1104